Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Want tattoo, got money, what do I need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I would if it's going to be a large, complicated custom-made design. He'll be able to tell you if what you are planning is going to look OK or be feasible, maybe suggest some ideas of his own (they like that little ego massage), how long it's going to take, how many sessions and the cost.
    gotcha. I guess take along a few ideas or rough sketch of size and general shape would be a good idea.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

The really big ones around here cost a shitload.. Like the one Clooney has would be around a grand if not more.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

A*O

Yes - but be prepared to be flexible if he says what you want isn't going to give you the 'look' you're hoping for. And personally I wouldn't make it TOO complicated because the fine detail does get a little blurry over time as new skin layers grow over the ink. You can help by regular exfoliation and lots of moisturiser (obviously after it's fully healed) but the outlines inevitably lose their 'sharpness' over time. It's unavoidable. Cost? Hard to say but pay as much as you can afford. This isn't something to do on the cheap.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Be sure if you are going to pay ALOT for one you get a true artist, not just someone who can trace whatever design you get.. I have been told a certain tattoo would not work.. I know this happens and is the truth, but the place I went to , it is not that it wouldn't work but that he could not do anything but trace, so anything that was not exact to the picture I had, he could not freehand and draw what I wanted added. I hope this makes sense .. Have you looked up the tattoo artist in your area??
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Nah, it's not going to be SUPER complicated or intricate.. like i said, i want to use as much tribal black as possible to keep it as deep and sharp as possible, and will make sure not to make some lines too thin.

it'll be a few steps above the clooney sleeve in intricacy.. enough to be a work of art, not enough to turn into faded mush as i age gracefully

but yeah, i'll see what the artist has to say.. i might want to throw in some tribal primitivism too if it works, i like a lot of that.. it's simple and minimalist in approach.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by mistify View Post
    Be sure if you are going to pay ALOT for one you get a true artist, not just someone who can trace whatever design you get.. I have been told a certain tattoo would not work.. I know this happens and is the truth, but the place I went to , it is not that it wouldn't work but that he could not do anything but trace, so anything that was not exact to the picture I had, he could not freehand and draw what I wanted added. I hope this makes sense .. Have you looked up the tattoo artist in your area??
    Yeah, i understand what you mean.. the difference between an actual artist and some guy who copies

I havent done much research at all beyond collecting images of work done that have elements i like for design purposes... im a total newbie when it comes to the process, which is why i asked you guys, cuz yer my bitches and you know things

I have a suggestion that you go on the TLC site and email one of the guys on Miami Ink.. I watch this show religiously, as I want another tattoo. Anyways the way they talk on the show, they know or know of the best artists.. Just a suggestion but maybe one of them knows of someone really good in your area.

Pfft, but they's so popular.. probably get tons of e-mail every week.. might be worth a shot though

Yeah they are, but I would try it anyway, you know if they have the info, whoever it is will be the best... ANd you will have to look at the thing for the rest of your life... Kat Von D is on myspace, you could email her there, she has an assistant who answers her stuff.... I have a family member who was friends with her (before she got famous) and she is supposively really nice. I just know that if you are getting a really large tattoo you want the best you can get.

I just went on the TLC site I did not see any place to email them, but there is a message board there, you could try that.

A*O

Tatt artists are a pretty tight community. They all know each other. I'm sure you can get a personal recommendation from someone via email for a good artist in Tronno.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Yar i know a few people into tatts in toronnah that should be able to point me in the right direction...

we shall see. i'll keep you bitches updated, cuz i have a grand to play with.. should get me far

Tattoo Directory of Canada

Goodluck and post pictures

Oh wow thanks!

im gonna take a look at that tonight hehehehe.

Your welcome and I think your tat will be HOT!!!

It'll go well with the leather biker vest and chromed harley*!!..

*harley not included

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information