Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Want tattoo, got money, what do I need to know?

I've got a couple - neither are small and both are in "bony" areas. Both hurt, but I obviously went back so I'd say it doesn't hurt too much. You only wear the guaze bandage for about 3 hours. You apply the vitamin E ointment religiously and you only bathe with Dial (antibacterial soap) - not with a washcloth, just squirt the liquid soap in your hand and gently wash with the bare hand. if you have to put clothing over it (and it sounds like you will - i did) you should go with loose, light feeling and light colored clothing when possible. Also, I don't have to worry about mine fading because the place that I got mine done guarantee their tattoos for life - if it fades, you go in, they add color at no charge. Pick a reputable place with a fun artist because unless you're getting a "love dot", they take awhile - one of mine took 5 hours, the other took about 3 and they don't cover a whole lot of my body. Oh, another thing - I've got some tribal work done on one of mine - the needles go deeper and they take longer for the tribal work and that was the worst part of mine, but I love them and don't regret them.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Yeah, you shouldnt be able to see mine unless im wearing a really short sleeve shirt and the ends poke out near the elbow.. other than that, totally covered for 95% of the time so im guessing i wont get a lot of fading.

So the needles go deeper for tribal stuff eh.. why is that? I thought they just used darker ink.. guess it has to go deeper?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Yeah, it has to go deeper - don't remember why, but it has something to do with the ink ... I was drunk.. I'll have to google that and find out.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

ROFL

Most places here wont ink you if you're drunk.. it's a rule they have. No intoxication.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If you can fly, try to go to one of the guys on "Miami Ink" Ami James and Chris Carver (or Garver )oh and KAt Von D whom is just a bad ass, they all seem to be so damn good. I have 3 tattoos that were done by a guy named Randy Adams, who probably has the best reputation around here.. Word of mouth is the best way to find someone, I think.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Hrmm yeah, im probably not going to hop a plane to get this done lol

Oh come on, they are supposed to be the best.. anyways your tattoo sounds cool.. Will it be similar to Clooneys in "From Dusk Til Dawn"?? LOVE THAT tattoo.. very sexy
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Um, dunno.. never saw it. got a pic handy? lol

not a great picture.. Didn't remember it going all the way down his arm though..... love the neck part.

Mmm it'll have some elements of that, but EVERYBODY has that style now.. the blocky, simplified stuff. It's become a bit of a cliché. Mine will be more detailed, and only go from the shoulder down to part right above the elbow.

A*O

I know where Grimm's piercing is..........

Honestly Grimm, the most important part of this process is to get the design you want absolutely right - don't make it up as you go along. And go to see the artist beforehand so he/she's absolutely clear what's required and when you can ask all these questions and you will have the post-tatt care explained to you. It's not rocket surgery.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

so i should talk to the artist before i design anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Mmm it'll have some elements of that, but EVERYBODY has that style now.. the blocky, simplified stuff. It's become a bit of a cliché. Mine will be more detailed, and only go from the shoulder down to part right above the elbow.

Everyone seems to have the tribal thing , but it is still hot... I have not heard of paying in installments, but if you got a really big tattoo I would think that if you had several sessions you could pay it out, especially since the big tatoos are so damn expensive. But when I got mine, you had to pay before it was done.

Also, as soon as mine were finished the pain was gone.. You can sleep on it , they also explain how to take care of it.. If I remember correctly they just want you to keep it moist with some ointment they give you.. The sun was the worst thing for them though, as it will fade it..

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    so i should talk to the artist before i design anything?
    I would if it's going to be a large, complicated custom-made design. He'll be able to tell you if what you are planning is going to look OK or be feasible, maybe suggest some ideas of his own (they like that little ego massage), how long it's going to take, how many sessions and the cost.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

hmm.. i wonder how much mine would cost, a guess based on the size. any people with tatts have an idea?

in canadian, pls

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information