Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are US women better-groomed than the Brits?

I hate messed up teeth too, this day and age there is no reason to have f*cked up teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I hate messed up teeth too, this day and age there is no reason to have f*cked up teeth.
    It's not the people who have wonky teeth that are at fault-their PARENTS just do not grasp straight teeth are not a luxury! This can throw off the bite, leading to lifelong headaches.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

it's not the case for everyone of course but sometimes americans are a little too groomed - teeth bleached to unnatural whiteness, not a hair out of place, symmetrical highlights, foundation, lots of make-up, french manicure with blindingly white tips. it's a bit too much. i think there's a happy middle between total slob and fembot.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    It's not the people who have wonky teeth that are at fault-their PARENTS just do not grasp straight teeth are not a luxury! This can throw off the bite, leading to lifelong headaches.
    not just parents. how about insurance that refuses to cover dental work, as if teeth were purely cosmetic and not important to our health.
    Last edited by Tati; October 17th, 2007 at 11:41 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^Overly bleached teeth really take a bit of getting used too. I brighten mine when need be, but I admit that when I see somebody with utterly perfect teeth. I am a bit taken back.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I love perfect teeth. I feel like the person is clean if they have nice, straight, white teeth. lol

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    ^^Overly bleached teeth really take a bit of getting used too. I brighten mine when need be, but I admit that when I see somebody with utterly perfect teeth. I am a bit taken back.
    I know-when they are SO white that is all you can see,it has gone too far! Clean yes-blue white or large Chicklets-no.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I know-when they are SO white that is all you can see,it has gone too far! Clean yes-blue white or large Chicklets-no.
    Yes chicklets indeed! that's what I think of! Blinding chicklets!
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Yes chicklets indeed! that's what I think of! Blinding chicklets!
    Only looks cute on Bunny Rabbits!

I agree. I find that regular upkeep and the occasional round of Whitestrips keep mine just right. I notice a difference with the Strips, but I don't think they've ever looked unnaturally white.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

It's like the teeth bleaching version of being tanorexic.

^lol

Does it really matter? Personally, I admire the strong British women. I love how they can be direct but caring at the same time.

Gold Member

I think in general, Americans strive to be perfect. Living a perfect life in a perfect home with a perfect body.So they go over the top in grooming department to look just right. In cities not only do they want to look perfect but be hip too. The British seem to have a more laid back and traditional style. I wouldn't describe it as being badly groomed.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Well yeah, but what if the parents can't afford braces? They cost about $4,000.

I take my kids to the dentist, but I just don't have that kind of dough. Thank goodness they already have straight teeth.

^ I think most places will set you up on a payment plan, I know they would back in the day when I had them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information