Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 things that make you look older (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Grey hair is largely a matter of luck and genetics IMO. I'm well north of 40 now and don't have any greys yet. I suspect I will wake up one morning and it will have changed overnight. However, I do keep my hair much shorter these days and God it's SOOOOOOOOOO much easier to look after and style.
    I just turned 32 in August and one of my sisters just turned 34 a few days ago. She said every time she brushes her gray hair she thinks of me. I asked her "Why, because I'm next?" She said yep! All of my siblings and I are in our 30's and have bits of gray. I don't have any yet, but it will come
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I've been salt and pepper since my mid 20s! Hate u bitches!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thing is Grimm, I think that a lot of guys can get away with it. I have a friend who was maybe 40 when we met & he was completely white haired by then, now he just doesn't age.

If all else fails, there hair dye, it's not worth sweating over IMO.
    Free Charmed.

I've had gray hairs since my late 20's. There's more and more every time I look, and I've recently committed to regular hair dyeing every 2 months or so and I'm under 35... So yeah I hate you no grays in your 30's-40's bitches too.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I'd suggest cardigans, cords, those oversized black glasses & cheating husbands make you look old(er). Oh, and of course, wearing a monkey on your head.

Birthday girl: Demi posted a picture of herself on Twitter just a few hours before she turned 49

Is she wearing his pants?!?

I'm guilty of 3 and 4. I found my 1st gray at age 16, but fortunately still only have a small smattering. I'm trying to avoid coloring as long as possible, but I think I won't be able to get around it in the next year or so. As far as the cardigans, I need those because I'm one of those women who is always cold. I even wear light ones during the summer.

Anybody to give a valid reason to look younger (vs just looking good)?

^^^
    One cannot look younger. Young is young and people who are not young don't look young.

It is possible to look good at any age. To equate young with= looking good is myopic. One can look good at any age.

It just takes more time and effort to look good as you become older. You don't just roll out of bed at 55 and look good. It requires more enterprise and initiative than it does to be effortlessly 22.

Look at Helen Mirren (my favorite example). She's not attempting to deny the years, she's making the best of what she has now. And she often outshines younger women with her polish, demeanor, and deliberately flattering style choices.

You can look like shit at any age. The zillions of butt-crack ugly celebrity young women constantly on display on this website are a testament to the truth that youth does NOT equal beauty. No way.

^ my thoughts exactly

You don't just roll out of bed at 55 and look good.
    Speak for yourself!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by milagro View Post
    Anybody to give a valid reason to look younger (vs just looking good)?
    The article isn't about looking younger though, it's about not looking "older" (but I think that they mean "frumpy" & "stuck in a style rut" by that).
    Free Charmed.

I'm 30 (and a half) and I have 2 or 3 persistent grey hairs that I just pull out every time one pops up.

My sister is 32 and completely salt and pepper, though more salt than pepper. She has been dyeing her hair for years now.

We have 2 genes in the family, one where you're completely grey before 40, and one where you don't really become grey before 60 (after that it's downhill fast though). I think I may have the latter

Those of you with half gray hair by age 40 should read this!
    Gray hair means weaker bones
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I've been wearing those Clark Kent geek glasses in tortoise for a few years and I just love them. They give real architecture to the face. I hated every pair of reading glasses because the lenses were one inch high. These are full readers. Black is too harsh for me, but the tortoise in browns and bronzes are flattering.

Pardon this photo, might offend some, but as an average middle aged person that hates anything fussy, I use Aniston's simple classic style as inspiration (minus the strappy beaded sandals).

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I've been wearing those Clark Kent geek glasses in tortoise for a few years and I just love them. They give real architecture to the face. I hated every pair of reading glasses because the lenses were one inch high. These are full readers. Black is too harsh for me, but the tortoise in browns and bronzes are flattering.

Pardon this photo, might offend some, but as an average middle aged person that hates anything fussy, I use Aniston's simple classic style as inspiration (minus the strappy beaded sandals).

Damn! I do like her hair!
    Free Charmed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information