Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 things that make you look older (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Being too skinny/working out too much. Women 10 years younger than me look the same age or older because their faces are gaunt and mine still has a little roundness to it.
    I've lost some weight recently and now my face is thin & I have lines that I never had until now. Hate it. I've always heard the saying about when women hit a certain age, they have to choose between their face & their ass. Well, my ass is small but my face is the worse for it.

I wear cardigans, too. I don't get that one, but then I guess people who make fashion mistakes usually don't get it.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I think if you hair is a certain length(too longish) it will age you.
    I have to agree. I'm always saying that these celebs should chop their hair when it's really long, and it's usually because it starts looking stringy. Unless hair is thick and well cut, it doesn't look great just because it's long.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'm not giving up my cardigans. I feel the cold too easily and I have some really nice ones that look equally good with jeans or a skirt. I'm also not about to give up my long hair or my gothy eyeliner. Fuck "rules", I'm me.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I'm sorry but I love my old man cardigans and I'd totally wear a Matlock fan club pin.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

My hair is long, too. Like down to the middle of my back long. I suppose I should cut it but it's been like this about a year and I like it. I'm an old lady with long hair wearing a cardigan.

At least none of us are wearing jean skirts. That we know of. Or denim on denim.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I don't do denim on denim. I think my klassy jeans with built in snatchpatch make enough of a statement on their own.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Oh dear, I do have a denim mini skirt or two, and I'm probably wrong for wearing a mini at all...

Go through my facebook pictures Venus. Be brutal. Tell me the truth. I'm probably a laughingstock.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Oh dear, I do have a denim mini skirt or two, and I'm probably wrong for wearing a mini at all...

Go through my facebook pictures Venus. Be brutal. Tell me the truth. I'm probably a laughingstock.
    Me too . But at least we don't have prairie dresses lol
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post

Um, I am prarie dress venus after all. You'll get flamed up the wazoo for even suggesting such a thing. I am no doyenne of the fashion world. I suggest Chalet or witchcurlgirl -- or even slutnik. Stick with these chicks. Here is the question. Do you wear a belly chain when you wear said mini? Actually? Lobes I think you dress fine. No point and laugh fodder at all truth to be told.

A*O

If you have long, thick, well cut/coloured hair in GREAT condition then you might just get away with it but otherwise it adds 10 years. Sorry. It doesn't have to be short and granny permed either but be realistic.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I think if you hair is a certain length(too longish) it will age you.
    I was wondering if you could clarify that a little further:

Is there a particular age (range) where having long hair will age you?

And what would the hair length be?

I've seen both men and women with long, poorly maintained hair that made things seem worse. But to me it seemed more like the fact that the hair looked kind of ratty that caused them to look age and not necessarily the length.

I think past the shoulders over 45 is the time to let it go.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I think the hair length is like the cardigans. Has to be decided case by case.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Nothing ages a woman like styling too "young". There is a way to dress attractively with respect to one's age and still be sexy.

Offenses I have witnessed: Sequined Juicy Couture track suits, Ed Hardy shit, frosted hair, long French manicured stripper nails, toe rings, North Face fleece (unless one is actively hiking a mountain), Crocs, anything with the Victoria's Secret "Pink" logo, anything with text along the ass for that matter, denim with embellishments, pierced fingernails, etc.

Granted, perhaps no one should wear these things. But it always makes a woman older than 30 look like she is desperate and clinging to youth. A woman in her 50's wearing a tweed cardigan, rocking grey hair and wrinkles with confidence, and a big smile is a thousand times more attractive than a woman of the same age with a face full of fillers, a Nicole Richie style headband, and a Billabong t-shirt. Also something I have witnessed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information