Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Threading

Silver Member

I love threading. A good friend of mine is an Esthetician and she taught me how to wax myself (yes, everything ) but there is something about the brow arch you get with threading that can't be beat. It's very clean and fits the bone structure of your face. The first time you will want to cry but it gets much easier.

As a bonus if you use any retinols it won't take off skin layers like waxing will and if you use self-tanners you won't have to schedule the waxing around when you self-tan because it won't take the tanner off. I have a coworker who had a roommate in college that would thread herself all over; arms, legs, face etc. I don't think a Navy SEAL would be able to go through that.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Sput you HAVE to try this. I went on Friday and was so scared with my sensitive skin - I did not feel A THING. Afterwards she gave me a small tube of hydrocortisone cream. About five minutes later I did get a bit red and itchy, but the cream immediately remedied that and the redness went away quickly. I've had much worse results waxing, this was unbelievable! Plus it looks so amazing and clean now, these are the best brows I've ever had shaped. I just could not believe it.
    thanks, i will definitely give it a try next time i'm in a country where it's available.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    thanks, i will definitely give it a try next time i'm in a country where it's available.

You can actually give it a try yourself.

YouTube - Eyebrow Threading

I had some errant hair yesterday, and took care of it like this. (Though I will probably go back to the salon when I need shaping, since I am not confident enough to take that on.)
    By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity -- another man's I mean. -Mark Twain

^^^
    ooh i'm going to try that.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I have an odd fascination with tweezing.. I can remember one time I went over my legs and tweezed them for hours. Not normal by any standards but I love sitting in good light with a magnifying mirror and tweezing my eyebrows.. it's invigorating to me for some reason. My friend got her eyebrows thredded and they looked good but I don't think I could ever part with my Tweezerman.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information