View Poll Results: How do you usually wear your hair?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Au naturelle

16 33.33%
  • Straighten it

10 20.83%
  • Curl it

3 6.25%
  • Tie it together e.g. pony tail, piggy tail, bun etc

18 37.50%
  • Other, please specify

1 2.08%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those with long hair, how do you usually wear your hair?

Elite Member

Default Re: For those with long hair, how do you usually wear your hair?

Oh, and having "well water" wreaks havoc on my tresses, making them orange-ish, so I have to use a Malibu shampoo and conditioner daily to remove the iron, etc.
    Well water. Ugh. Tell me about it. Is yours colored blonde, too? I've got an orange-y patch right on my front layers on one side I guess where I smooth my wet hair back in the shower and it's right where the water hits. I just started using a violet mousse to rid of it as that darn Malibu is so hard to come by.

I have naturally straight hair always with a side part and long layers. Updos for me are either a severe side-parted, low, slicked down ponytail or or a higher ponytail still with the side part but the sides raked in to form a kind of messy mo-hawk for a little spunk.

SVZ

i cry at mine until i pass out. then i realize i'm late and run out the door

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat
    Well water. Ugh. Tell me about it. Is yours colored blonde, too? I've got an orange-y patch right on my front layers on one side I guess where I smooth my wet hair back in the shower and it's right where the water hits. I just started using a violet mousse to rid of it as that darn Malibu is so hard to come by.

I have naturally straight hair always with a side part and long layers. Updos for me are either a severe side-parted, low, slicked down ponytail or or a higher ponytail still with the side part but the sides raked in to form a kind of messy mo-hawk for a little spunk.
    Blonde highlights, but even the rest of my hair gets an orangey tint to it, and it's a basic, mousy brown. For years I thought that was my real haircolor!
    Good Luck, I join in your well water pain!

Gold Member

I had short hair for so long and I finally grew it out and it was so thick. It was always in a ponytail because the curl and thickness just left it bushy. I had it layered and it curled better and I was able to wear half of it down. For the most part when it was long, I always had clipped up somehow. I'm tired of it being short, I haven't had it cut since the 27th of December. I'm being patient. I actually think it's a lot different since I've had my son. I can actually blow dry it straight in about 15 minutes and I mean really straight. Just blowdrying it out used to take at least 30 minutes and then I still had to take a curling iron to it to straighten the rest of it out. I could spend 2 hours straightening my hair only to have to get up and wash it again the next day. The curl goes right to the scalp so I guess that's why it's a little oily in spots. I can pull the front of it up right now, so I'm rockin' the do from '92!
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

It just hangs there. I have no style. Someday, I'll work up the courage to post a picture so you guys can point and laugh/offer suggestions.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I have stick straight hair, so I set it with steam rollers for volume and body.

My hair is confused. Part of it is straight and part of it is wavy. Most of the time, it gets pulled into a ponytail or messy bun. When I wear it down, I straighten it.

I thought I would share in here that I have my hair in a ponytail today with minimal stray hair falling and almost no hair product to make sure it stays there. It is the first time I have been able to do it, but I can wear my hair in a ponytail again!

I can't be bothered fussing with my hair. Mostly because I'm lazy and I really don't give a damn. I put it in a ponytail or a braid and leave it at that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information