Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Those cosmetic counter salespeople

A*O

LOL! That's usually what I do. KMart sells the full Maybelline range and how much can you justify spending on a bloody mascara anyway? Having said that I DO love the Lancome Hypnose mascara........
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Egolita View Post
    the women at those counters make me feel horrible about myself. like i should just go back to walmart and buy covergirl.
    That's what gets me. Praise the customer in a genuine way and recommend things that will enhance their features. Doesn't seem that difficult, yet so many start off with negativity to reel you in.

Sephora is a good way to go. They never bother me. The dept stores know women like to test and look, and then come the questions. Shut up and leave me alone.

I buy drugstore brands for mascara, blush, and some lipsticks. I can't tell the difference AT ALL with those. Every now and again I'll buy a pricy lipstick or gloss, but I buy those cheap mostly.

Skin care, foundations, powders, eyeshadows, and eyeliners are where I'll spend the money.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Chanel bitches. Don't get me started. One day I decided I needed some Chanel perfume. I decided on the No. 5 even if it seems a bit old lady to me, but it is a classic. But the lady behind the counter was such a bitch to me, even saying, "well, dear, it IS a tad on the expensive side..." and giving me a condescending look. I purchased it anyway, then thought better of it right away and said, "You know, the last time I made a Chanel purchase was in Paris, and the lady who helped me there was very nice. And she was French. You've been rude. I'd like to return this now." She stood there. Silent. Then I said, "I'd like to return this perfume now. I'm going to get Estee Lauder Pleasures instead. The Estee Lauder counter isn't rude to me." She completed the second transaction and I got my Pleasures instead.

Before you curse me out, I used to work in customer service (the return counter) at Target. Its not that hard to give good, friendly customer service. I did it at TARGET, for God's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I have noticed the high end counters won't pay you any mind if you aren't dressed to a "t". I have gone in on an off day and asked about polish (when my mom was in the hospital) and the lady looked at me like I was not worthy of their products. I then looked at her and said, "you know, I think I will just buy Chanel, I seem to like it better anyway." Then I walked off and went to the Chanel counter and purchased what I wanted.
    I guess the bitch thought I was a broke ass, redneck since I had not really styled my hair in 2 days, had no makeup on and was wearing jeans, a hoodie and chucks.
    Good on you! I hate bitches like that. Reminds me of that scene in Pretty Woman where the snooty bitch takes one look at her and says 'i dont think we have anything for you' and then she comes back, holding heaps of shoping bags and wearing a 'upper class' outfit, and says 'you work on comission, big, big mistake!'

I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by heathersharon
    Chanel bitches. Don't get me started. One day I decided I needed some Chanel perfume. I decided on the No. 5 even if it seems a bit old lady to me, but it is a classic. But the lady behind the counter was such a bitch to me, even saying, "well, dear, it IS a tad on the expensive side..." and giving me a condescending look. I purchased it anyway, then thought better of it right away and said, "You know, the last time I made a Chanel purchase was in Paris, and the lady who helped me there was very nice. And she was French. You've been rude. I'd like to return this now." She stood there. Silent. Then I said, "I'd like to return this perfume now. I'm going to get Estee Lauder Pleasures instead. The Estee Lauder counter isn't rude to me." She completed the second transaction and I got my Pleasures instead.
    What a cunt! I'm glad you pulled her up for it, i hope she felt rotten after that.

I always ignore the cosmetic counter women-honestly, so many of them are done up like drag queens, I don't want to go to them for makeup advice!
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Sephora.com is good, if you know what you want and a store is nowhere nearby.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by heathersharon View Post
    Sephora.com is good, if you know what you want and a store is nowhere nearby.
    do they ship to canada? i live in a smaller city and we don't have alot of choices for cosmetic counters. i would love to try different makeup for a change.

^ They do ship to Canada. You can choose free samples with your shipment and they send them in pretty bags too.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Ten years ago, I went to the Christian Dior counter in Chicago (Water Tower) and the woman there was not only beautiful, but she was awesome. She was easy-going, funny, and didn't try to sell me things. She found a great shade of lipstick I've been wearing since, I bought a foundation and a mascara. She gave me her card. Turns out she's like the head salesperson for that region. It was THE ONLY positive experience I've ever had at a counter.

I just go to Sephora and get my own damn stuff. They're all so pushy and bitchy. Most of them have spackled their own makeup on, so I wouldn't want their advice anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    I always ignore the cosmetic counter women-honestly, so many of them are done up like drag queens, I don't want to go to them for makeup advice!
    I know what you mean. I know they have to advertise their products, but come on!

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    Good on you! I hate bitches like that. Reminds me of that scene in Pretty Woman where the snooty bitch takes one look at her and says 'i dont think we have anything for you' and then she comes back, holding heaps of shoping bags and wearing a 'upper class' outfit, and says 'you work on comission, big, big mistake!'

Theres a true story about Bruce Springsteen in Barneys with his wife, they were dressed down and had trouble getting help from the sales staff.......

Some idiot missed out on a HUGE commision
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

i got the perfume saleslady stealth attack a few times today. i now smell like sweet vanilla ass. i'm going to have to take a shower to get it off, it's giving me a headache.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^ mmm...sweet vanilla ass...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by heathersharon View Post
    ^^ mmm...sweet vanilla ass...
    that's what i wear, well, sometimes i wear sweet chocolate ass...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information