Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweatiest Cities in the United States

Default Re: Sweatiest Cities in the United States

Eww......I live in the sweatiest city---gross!!!!!!!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne
    While it is a dry heat in Vegas, it's still really damn hot. It's really unpleasant to have to wear business clothing when it's between 115 and 120 degrees here.
    Yeah, I don't care if it's a DRY heat or not. A convection oven is DRY heat, but it's still miserable, stifling, and oppressive. I lived in Vegas for 10 years and grew up in, and am now living in Houston again, and I will take the humidity over 115 degree dry heat anyday. In Vegas, there is no such thing as a cool breeze in the summer. When the wind blows, it feels like a blowdryer blasting your face. Sweating is unpleasant, but I can deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tictac
    Yeah, I don't care if it's a DRY heat or not. A convection oven is DRY heat, but it's still miserable, stifling, and oppressive. I lived in Vegas for 10 years and grew up in, and am now living in Houston again, and I will take the humidity over 115 degree dry heat anyday. In Vegas, there is no such thing as a cool breeze in the summer. When the wind blows, it feels like a blowdryer blasting your face. Sweating is unpleasant, but I can deal with it.
    Vegas doesn't have the 300 pound water bugs. I'll pass. Houston is trashy.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Houston has its bad points (traffic, pollution, BUGS), but I love it. There's so much diversity and culture here, unlike Vegas where you couldn't find it with a microscope. It's all plastic and fake. And I've never met or seen more trash in my life than in that god-forsaken hell hole that is Las Vegas. And those were the locals, not the tourists.

Houston has its bad points (traffic, pollution, BUGS), but I love it. There's so much diversity and culture here, unlike Vegas where you couldn't find it with a microscope. It's all plastic and fake. And I've never met or seen more trash in my life than in that god-forsaken hell hole that is Las Vegas. And those were the locals, not the tourists.
    Oh yeah Houston is great. They sentence more people to death there than any city or state other than Texas as a whole and Virginia. The culture is watered down TexMex. You can get it better in San Antonio. Oh, did I mention REDNECK???

SVZ

one good thing about humidity is that you never need to moisturize

Agreed. It's also very difficult to be a professional in this town. After I finish my master's, I look forward to leaving.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by dakodas
    Oh yeah Houston is great. They sentence more people to death there than any city or state other than Texas as a whole and Virginia. The culture is watered down TexMex. You can get it better in San Antonio. Oh, did I mention REDNECK???
    I've been to San Antonio many times, and yes, you CAN get watered down TexMex better there. Houston, on the other hand, represents a multitude of cultures, as well as thriving museum and theater districts, beautiful parks, and some of the best restaurants in the country...one of the reasons we're so fat and sweaty. Say what you want about Houston (even the stereotypical redneck remarks), it's a fabulous city and if you despise it so much for whatever reason, stay the hell out, you won't be missed.

SVZ

i've noticed that people from texas and toronto are very proud of where they are.

just go to any bar in toronto, whenever some famous person mention 'toronto' on the television everyone starts cheering gene simmons spoke about it, he said , "dude, stop being idiots!"

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    i've noticed that people from texas and toronto are very proud of where they are.

just go to any bar in toronto, whenever some famous person mention 'toronto' on the television everyone starts cheering gene simmons spoke about it, he said , "dude, stop being idiots!"

I'm originally from Texas and it is ingrained in us from birth that we are TEXANS. It's funny--a friend of mine was in London on some group tour thing. When someone would ask various members where they were from, most of them said "America" or the "United States." The Texans, however, always said "Texas."

I've been to San Antonio many times, and yes, you CAN get watered down TexMex better there. Houston, on the other hand, represents a multitude of cultures, as well as thriving museum and theater districts, beautiful parks, and some of the best restaurants in the country...one of the reasons we're so fat and sweaty. Say what you want about Houston (even the stereotypical redneck remarks), it's a fabulous city and if you despise it so much for whatever reason, stay the hell out, you won't be missed.
    Stereotypical but OH SO TRUE. My Uncle Bubba who drives a truck with a gunrack and makes his own bullets sure doesn't live in Dallas! (His real name is OF COURSE not Bubba. It's Harley Cleo.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information