Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still having problems with my fried hair

Default Re: uh yeah my fried hair again (well I'm still having problems)

I'm sorry to hear about your hair troubles, Alice. I've never had to deal with hair loss, but I can just imagine how traumatized I would be if I did. Have you already cut off the damaged hair? Is the new hair coming in thinly?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

omg so 1-10-06 I finally went to see a dermatologist now that I have insurance and it went really well. she was so optomistic about my hair, she said my scalp was fine and so was the two inches of natural-colored hair, and she even tried to tell me how to save my burned previously bleached hair! which i thought was just a lost cause, but she was giving me all this advice like the olive oil I already do, and that the shampoo and conditioner I use Bumble and Bumble is good, she wrote me a persrciption for a stong vitamin for hair and nails called Biotin I believe, and told me to stop taking Green Tea extract (which i've only been taking for a week) cause it doesn't always react well with hair, and to eat a lot of green leafy veggies and more protein and protein shakes, she measured my hair grow-out and will re-measure it in a month , she told me to not dye my hair for a year (which i was not planning on doing anyways for a long long LONG time) and Im just basically excited that a professional told me that I'll be fine and I know it just helps to hear someone say that b/c I believe in mind over matter and that if you tell yourself something enough times that it'll happen for reals, but you kno how negative us women can be w/ ourselves so "My hair is strong and beautiful and growing in fast and plenty!"

YaY 4 Alice! I will be blonde again someday though, oh yes, I will be blonde again

Gold Member

^^^

That's great to hear!

One of my friends in highschool started losing patches of her hair from stress. The doctor said the stress was causing her scalp was trying to reject the folicles and what not. When the hair grew back in it was baby fine and almost white. She had some kind of cream to rub on her scalp but it was so greasy and just a little bit stinky. I think she was fine after a few months and a new boyfriend.

My hair started breaking and thining while I was pregnant. Freaked me out big time! I have very thick wavy/curly hair that at the time was fairly short. I started noticing that some of it was missing! I talked to my hairdresser and she said it was common and that the baby was just needing a little extra nutrients at the time. Well, imagine my surprise one day as I'm using the hair dryer and I watch as about an inch and half section just burns off. I've always had to use a pretty high heat dryer to get my hair to dry and I guess that it was too much for my then fragile hair. I had a little alfalfa sprout for a few months right behind my bangs, nothing a little gel couldn't flatten into submission.

^^Can completely relate! Had a hair freak out after my baby was born! Just started to lose hair like INSANELY! I was told it was all normal too, just hormones, etc. But it's not cool to see huge amounts of your hair on the floor, simply just from brushing it. I also had the sprouty grow back too--had these hairs all over the place just popping out. It was bizarre!
    It's still growing back! My kid is 2 next week!
    Stress, hormones, shitty products....sucks. I will dare say that it was a fairly tramaumatic thing for me.....it's not fun!

Edit: HOORAY for Alice! So glad to hear that your hair is doing great! I didn't read your post prior to mine sorry! But I am very glad to hear that things are on the right track for you! Let us know how it goes! I bet my summer time, you will be one hot mama w/no hair problems!!

awww thanks Lynnie; you're always so supportive
    someone was telling me about organic root stimulater...should I try it? or stick w/ doctor's orders (who I'm going to see again next week)?

however I was discouraged this morning when i woke up w/ an itchy head and when i washed and combed it lightly about 50 hairs came out, which was more than usual, but its growing still just really thinned out, my new unbleached hair is sooooooo shiny! and chocolatey though so thats one bright note.

I take biotin, but I don't take prescription strength. I actually just get it at Wal-Mart.

I don't think sun is good for your hair, really. Conditioners will tell you they protect against sun damage, etc.

I think you're really going to have to just grin and bear it, and let your hair color be for the next year or so.

Gosh, if the other stuff is working good, maybe stick w/that, if not, then try the organic stuff?? Either way, I'd probably check w/the doc first....don't want to mix products--could have a negative effect (as you know).
    Nice to see some shiny new hair isn't it??? Just think, soon that'll be your whole head and you'll laugh about this entire thing.

Default Re: Still having problems with my fried hair

alice...rooting for you girl! (pun intended)
    biotin worked for my befrie so i hope it works for you too!
    reduce your stress about it and take advantage of scarves...they are soo hot right now!
    bum gone bad

As far as I'm concerned, scarves are always hot!

Silver Member

Alice, it is normal to lose 100 hairs a day...also, prenatal vitamins can help speed up hair/fingernail growth....and try Redken products...they promote healthy hair growth!!!!

true my wickedho
    bum gone bad

thanks! I am on prenatal vitamins now actually and i do notice a difference w/ my hair thanks to that and biotin and all the disgusting protein shakes and salads and I just went to the Doctor's today and she took pics of my head for comparison the next time I come in. She also wants me to save all the hairs I lose in a day in 3 separate baggies for 3 days prior to our next visit so she can see where they're coming from; which a lot of them are coming from the root unfortunetely but she also prescribed me some Women's Rogaine! YES I finally get my own Rogaine!!! She said to make sure and not get any on my face or I'll start growing hairs there, but I'm so excited and can't wait to become a chia pet head although it takes 14 weeks till anything really starts happening and then she prescribed me some Loprox shampoo to use once a week which might dry my head a little bit, but thats fine cause I have an oily italian head anyways, and then she prescribed me some Synalan solution (I think; can't read her writing very well) and i have to use that at night to calm my scalp so all this will lead to a longer "growth period" which means my hair follicle will shed less and less (I researched all about hair loss and this is a good thing!) so I'm very happy; by summer I'll be rockin' a thicker fuller dark bob with hopefully all the burnt shit cut off by then!

hahahahaaa "fatties" , I luv that word like a fat kid loves cake!

Silver Member

Alice, I hope your hair is doing better.
    FYI...
    Getting pregnant is a great hair growing experience...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information