Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So pissed off ... hair color box LIED!!

This is normally the color I am ... maybe a few more highlights around the face, but that color is very close.

Christie 8N Medium Blonde

I read one of the answers on there about hair coloring timelines, and they also mention 6-8 weeks. I'd rather not wait that long, but I'd also not like my hair to fall out in clumps or break off all over the place.

Elite Member

I had one bad experience with box color and have always spent the money on a professional since. I was told by my stylist that Loreal and Clairol "Loving Care" products are about the worst to get out. The hair absorbs the color and sticks. Box color almost always goes much darker than labelled or shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post

I read one of the answers on there about hair coloring timelines, and they also mention 6-8 weeks. I'd rather not wait that long, but I'd also not like my hair to fall out in clumps or break off all over the place.
    If your hair is strong and plentiful, I agree with MoodyJenny that you can risk covering up a disaster right away. As soon as it gets closer to what you want, you will be so relieved.

I just colored my hair, not the dye the 1 month wash out kind, and it didm't even color my roots. Damn. So sick of boxed crap.
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

How long do I have to wait before I can get it re-colored? Like 6-8 weeks, right? My hair is thin (but a lot of it) and very dry normally.
    The 6-8 weeks that hairdressers recommend is for re-growth - you can go straight away to the hairdresser, esp if she is a colour corrective specialaist.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Normal View Post
    I also read that Head and Shoulders dandruff shampoo strips color. Best of luck.
    Oh yes! It gets rid of red tomes especially quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i'm amazed at the prices that hairdressers can get. The person that does mine, is awesome. Charges me 50 bucks for color AND highlights (and a cut).

She also took the bleach out of my daughters hair. Basically stripped it. and then put her normal brown back in it, and it looked great. Wish i could remember the name of the product.
    Your hairdresser sounds like mine! I had a colour cut & blow dry & it cost me 60 - & she uses 3 tubes of colour on my hair. i love living in the sticks some days! But I love my hairdresser more!
    Free Charmed.

Yea, my color jobs usually cost around $80... including a trim/cut and blowdry. I love my hairdresser so I hand her a $100 and tell her to keep the change. How does that saying go? "Life is full of frustrations and hurdles.. but eventually you find a hairstylist you like."

Yep. Mine has instructions that if he thinks he is dying ,to call 911 and leave my hair color formula.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Well on Friday I had one of the "trainees" rather than the boss (normally I just go in & let her do her stuff), she suggested a slightly different colour (2 parts red 1 brown instead of the other wayaround) and I'm really happy with it. She did everything apart from the cut & said when I was paying that she was disappointed about that. So next time she's doing it all and I feel really confident about that! I've quite surprised myself as I'm a really funny fucker when it comes to my hair -well you'll know Penny a hairdresser sees long hair and wants to cut it off!
    Free Charmed.

Elite Member

I once did the suicide (died by my own hand) haircolor and it was a complete fiasco. The hairdresser I went to in tears sent me home to wash everyday (lathering 2-3 times each) for 10 days with head and shoulders or prell. The really strong shampoo strips the color off. Sorry it turned out like that! When they said you must suffer to be beautiful, I hope they didnt mean that!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Well on Friday I had one of the "trainees" rather than the boss (normally I just go in & let her do her stuff), she suggested a slightly different colour (2 parts red 1 brown instead of the other wayaround) and I'm really happy with it. She did everything apart from the cut & said when I was paying that she was disappointed about that. So next time she's doing it all and I feel really confident about that! I've quite surprised myself as I'm a really funny fucker when it comes to my hair -well you'll know Penny a hairdresser sees long hair and wants to cut it off!
    Oh, I know that! Thankfully my hairdresser is more than happy to experiment on herself.. every time I go to see her her hair is a different length, color, cut, bangs, no bangs, bob, extensions, highlights, brown, blonde. It's insane. I'm thankful she's her own guinea pig.. I'm funny when it comes to my hair, too.

So ... still thinking about buying the Fekkai hair coloring (I linked to it above in the first post on this page). It comes with a bowl and brush so that you can "paint" it on your hair like they do in salons. Would you still consider this a "box" hair color? It is going to cost me a FORTUNE to go to my stylist to have this fixed (and she's going to yell at me).

If you feel that strongly against boxed hair color I would advise you to just go to your stylist and have her correct the problem... I can only tell you that it worked great for my mom and her hair really did look like a professional had colored it, but everyones hair is different. For the price, I think it seems like a good deal and there are reviews online that say it works well, but, like I said, everyones hair is different. I think I may try it when the time comes around to re-color my hair, though.

So ... still thinking about buying the Fekkai hair coloring (I linked to it above in the first post on this page). It comes with a bowl and brush so that you can "paint" it on your hair like they do in salons. Would you still consider this a "box" hair color? It is going to cost me a FORTUNE to go to my stylist to have this fixed (and she's going to yell at me).
    I've fucked up my hair one day by dying it at home. Strip the color off the next day and then on the same day, color it the color I want. I have crazy strong, thick hair though and it has put up with some shit.
    I'm so ordering that Frederick Fekkai hair color from Sephora!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I think I am too, Mel! What color are you getting?

^^Is it supposed to be really good? My poor hair needs something new in a box shade

edit: just looked it up, looks really good. and I think they ship to canada...hmmmm....
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information