Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: So...I broke down and ordered ProActiv

wow this thread turned into a clusterf**k

jeez.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Oh.. can we just say its a combination of everything, and also we are all different, so yea...
    Back to the topic...
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Hi, pot? This is the kettle. Can you stop calling me black? OK, great, cheers!
    Careful, DeChayz. Next thing you know she'll be stalking you via PM, bombarding you with hate mail. Very irritating, let me tell you.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I had acne from the time I was 9 until I was 18 years old. I tried everything from ProActive to prescribed lotions and pills, etc. I changed my diet and only drank water, but nothing worked.

People (usually teens at my school) told me my acne was from eating bad foods, especially greasy foods. I had SEVERAL dermatologists tell me my acne had nothing to do with food and everything to do with my genes and hormones. They said unless I was taking my food and rubbing it all over my pores then my diet was not causing my acne.

Some people's diet may contribute to their acne, but generally speaking it is caused by hormones. Hence why many women break out during certain times in their cycle, why teens usually out grow it once they are done with puberty, why women hitting menopause can have acne flare up, why pregnant women usually break out bad, etc.

BTW my acne did clear up around 18 because I went on birth control pills and my hormones weren't as messed up.

I really don't see why some people are resorting to insulting posts when the facts are facts.

Loser!

^^ Insults aren't allowed on this board, y'know. I sure hope you got spanked. But probably not, since Mary Jane's your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    ^^ Insults aren't allowed on this board, y'know. I sure hope you got spanked. But probably not, since Mary Jane's your friend.
    For your information, if you could see Waikiki's profile you would know that both now and in the past she received infractions just like everybody else, some given by me, others by other mods, just like everybody else.
    Which eventually led to her banning, as you can see.

And I'm surprised it's you coming up with these insinuations, because if there's someone on this board a blind eye has been turned to many times, that would actually be you.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane View Post
    For your information, if you could see Waikiki's profile you would know that both now and in the past she received infractions just like everybody else, some given by me, others by other mods, just like everybody else.
    Which eventually led to her banning, as you can see.

And I'm surprised it's you coming up with these insinuations, because if there's someone on this board a blind eye has been turned to many times, that would actually be you.
    It was a test. You passed. Feel proud.

I've used ProActiv for a few years and my acne was bad. It didn't work so well at the beginning and though it did work a little after awhile, it wasn't what I wanted. Plus, I have very oily skin and since the main ingredient in Proactiv is Benzoyl Peroxide..known to dry the skin out..it did mine. Really bad. My skin would be peeling off when I tried to put makeup on and it was just so gross. And on top of not getting the results I wanted I just gave up on it.

And my acne was so bad I was getting all these red marks and various scars and very uneven skin tone and I still have a lot of that which has hurt my self esteem coz I feel like I look like crap coz of it. Definitely no fun for me at all. But with the help of vitamins suggested by an acne book I read I have noticed large improvements in the amount of breakouts and even some of my scars have healed. I also use a clean and clear face wash that kills bacteria on the skin. It works well for me.

I plan to try microdermabraison and perhaps a laser resurfacing treatment later on for an improvement in the damage my skin has already suffered.

Eli

I ordered it! Got it on Monday! Have used it quite a few times, seems to be working fine... now I'll just sit back and wait for the magical transformation.

I'm about ready to give it a try. I've been breaking out again, and I've noticed a lot of dark spots around my chin area.

My kids & I still love it. I can tell when my 13 year-old gets lax in using it. All the zits go away within a day or 2 when he starts back up.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

Yeah, didn't work. At all. But yet I keep ordering the refining mask. That makes my pimples smaller, but doesn't get rid of them. I talked to my derm and she said ProActiv isn't always the best solution. Both my parents had acne, my brother and sister did, it runs on both sides of my family. But thankfully, it's mostly over by 18. I got on birth control, Ortho TryCyclin (sp?) and while that didn't help the acne, it made me break out when I didn't take it for four days.

The only and I mean ONLY thing that helped was going to the beach in Italy. I went for one afternoon and my acne disappeared. It was AMAZING. I don't know if it was the water or the sun or whatever, but a lot of people told me that going to the beach over there would help my acne. I don't know what happened that day, but I had clear skin for about 5 days after only being in the sun 8 hours.
    WHAT`S THiiS GAME?
    BABii ii WANT T0 PLAii
    [
    está bella traición que mato mi ilusion]

that mask stinks soooooo bad, but it makes my pores look so much smaller when I use it
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information