Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: So...I broke down and ordered ProActiv

what you eat can make your skin worse, but Chilly is right, hormones have a lot to do with it
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

From Links Between Acne, Food And Stress

It is a common notion that there is a link between specific foods and acne. However, scientists have not found this to be the case. For example, the popular thought that chocolate causes acne is no more than an urban legend. To date no scientific link between foods that have a lot of sugar or grease and acne has been found. This does not lessen the importance of a healthy diet though. A leading medical journal wrote, "Diet plays no role in acne treatment in most patients". It also found that even large amounts of certain foods thought to cause acne did not cause a measurable problem.

Every dermatologist will tell you something different, but no matter what personal opinion, there simply is no scientific proof.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Next time you say bullsh*t, think about yourself first. Eeerw, some people like to retort for fun...
    Not all types of acnes are caused by hormones; but even when they are that doesn't mean you can gorge yourself with McDonald's and wrustels eating like there's no tomorrow because "your acne is related to hormones".
    The first thing to do to fight bad acne is to balance and stabilize your eating regime with a good and healthy diet (you need a doctor for that) and use specific products to begin with. You may be a 14-year-old punk guy with pimples, so what are you gonna do except helping your skin with constant care?!!

So I guess now you're a dermatologist, too? Are you going to give a lecture again?

And since the fights you pick never vary, you're probably going to call me "uneducated" and "mentally ill" next, huh?

Oh and by the way: I don't have acne and I eat loads of junkfood. What has Professor waikiki have to say about that?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    So I guess now you're a dermatologist, too? Are you going to give a lecture again?

And since the fights you pick never vary, you're probably going to call me "uneducated" and "mentally ill" next, huh?

Oh and by the way: I don't have acne and I eat loads of junkfood. What has Professor waikiki have to say about that?
    You're as junk as what you eat.

Get a life, Silly Billy.

I'm gonna go play with the grown ups now.
    -Bugdoll-

I know you're living on the forum these days (because of the abnormal presence of posts on the board) which is pretty sad but I can also understand that this is the only place where you can have your say and so you take it very seriously and get easily offended. I wonder why you spend so many hours on the board if you have, as you claim, a fantastic job that keeps you busy and that made you write a farewell topic... but you're still here spying every move I make.
    I see you can't wait to criticise my post basically trying to necro the "mentally ill" thing and I'd like to apologize for that: it shows how pissed off you are because of me coz I hit your problem and you just can't talk about anything else without referring to that at least once. Maybe you don't understand what I write because you are (surprise!) less intelligent than lecturer Waikiki. And, you know, this doesn't hurt me! It's not like you speak English that good. And I am not a sour 30-years-old b*tch like somebody else, so I still have plenty of determination and curiosity to learn instead of staring at other people and criticise them. That's too easy.

I am not going to retort if it's off topic, sorry for that silly billy, but I do think that if you have an unsolved issue with yourself or me, you just have to accept it or say your very interesting things in another place out of the public board. Always, if you have time from work! Thank you.
    Last edited by waikiki; July 19th, 2007 at 11:05 AM.

Uh, actually it would be "Speak English that well" and yes Chilly does.
    And, to get back to the topic, she is correct - acne is caused by hormones, which is why so many women find their skin suddenly changes as they get older. And why BC can help clear it up.

im getting the popcorn ready if anyone wants some!

o wait that might make my skin break out
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Silver sorry! No soap opera this time: I have a life which is what these two should get... silly trilly can't go and play with grownups yet because he's a new lecturer friend to defend him just like at the kindergarten

And, to get back to the topic, I recommend to follow a good balanced diet prescribed by a doctor after several exams. Until you don't try you can't say it doesn't work! I insist on how surprisinlgy better your skin will look and... it won't just be your skin! But your whole body!

For other causes, well, I suggest not to buy random products at the mall or on TV but, again, to go to a dermatologist and ask him/her for all the related exams to focus on the problem. A friend of mine had bad-bad-bad acne for 2 years, she used every Proactive & co stuff but nothing seemed to work until she went to a doctor who discovered she had baking powder allergy!

Not to point out the obvious here, darling, but you're doing just as much posting as we are. And if we're going to get into the whole "having a life" thing - Chilly and I have been here twice as long as you and have the same amount of posts, so there goes that theory. Why the hostility just because someone's making a counterpoint? HS health class does not make you a licensed dermatologist, and just because your friend had a food allergy does not make the statement "bad diet causes acne" true.

Is it so hard to talk about acne and Proactiv??! No more off topics, darlin'!

you don't know anything about me, not even my age, so stop making assumptions, please

Whatsamatta dear heart, afraid to run your little mouth in public? And nice to know you take enough interest in my life to take note of my age. Have fun in Bio this year! KIT!

Mouths don't have to go in public if it's off topic (how gross).
    No more off topics, darlin'!

Hi, pot? This is the kettle. Can you stop calling me black? OK, great, cheers!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information