Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: So...I broke down and ordered ProActiv

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    Which natural cosmetics?
    I haven't used foundation in about 3 years. I now use, Burts Bees Tinted Moisturizer. I switched all my cleansing stuff, cleaner, make-up remover, astringent and face products to natural products. Nothing with chemicals or additives. I have a list of names if you want them. I noticed a difference in my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky32 View Post
    I haven't used foundation in about 3 years. I now use, Burts Bees Tinted Moisturizer. I switched all my cleansing stuff, cleaner, make-up remover, astringent and face products to natural products. Nothing with chemicals or additives. I have a list of names if you want them. I noticed a difference in my skin.
    I'm interested in the list. I too have switched to more natural products and have found some success after some trials. I am always open to other products, as they may work better.

SVZ

I may break down and get some at the mall, I've been breaking out on my neck...I think it's my "beard" coming in

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRules View Post
    I'm interested in the list. I too have switched to more natural products and have found some success after some trials. I am always open to other products, as they may work better.
    I will give you the names of the stuff I have used, and how I liked it when I get back into town. I can't remember exact names right now. I did notice a huge difference in the natural products. Plus they are not very expensive. I paid more for name brand stuff.

ProActiv worked for me literally overnight. It's amazing. I don't use foundation or heavy face makeup though.

All I can say is organic pumpkin seeds. When my neighbor got really bad acne, I went looking for a natural internal approach. Everywhere I looked it said the natural healing remedy was organic pumpkin seeds and sure enough it worked. About a handful everyday should do the trick.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

i have used it years ago, it made my skin olier from drying it out so much. I use a line called effaclar by La Roche Posay now as well as select neutrogena products and have the best skin of my life right now (*knock on wood*)

Tried it a long time ago...hated it. made my face red and the acne stay pretty much the same...I always felt oily and sun burnt using it. got those red dots that take forever to go away, too.

currently using a gentle cleansing wash, "Purpose," recommended by my dermatologist and retin-a-micro at night...I don't get any acne at all unless I am lazy to use them for a couple days.

anyway...good luck. acne sucks.

Proactiv worked great for me but my bf tried it, and it didn't work for him...he uses the Purpose stuff now and it really works for him.
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

My boyfriend also had no luck with ProActiv, which I thought was weird since it was awesome for me. My conclusion is that it's not intended for people with serious acne... if you have moderate to mild breakouts every now and then, it works like magic, but if your acne is more severe I might recommend something stronger.

^ Yeah my acne was never very severe. still didn't work for me.

As a former acne sufferer I hope you have success using Proactiv because I didn't. Just like many posters, I had never had cystic acne (lumps under the skins surface), until using Proactiv. After paying around $60 (AUD) for the kit and it running out in a month with no results, I didn't buy another kit and my acne got severe. This was the point I resorted to going to the Doctor. I was led to believe acne was only caused from lack of skin hygeine. But the DR soon cleared up that misconception and told me that hormonal imbalance, toxins and allergies among many other things can contribute to acne.

I found a high-fiber diet, 1L + of water per day and medicinal help from Diane-35 (contraceptive pill) and Retin-A gel worked for my acne. Diane-35 is commonly prescribed for acne because it is an androgen blocker, that treated my acne internally while the Retin-A gel treated my skin topically.

I wish you the best and I do hope it works for you, if it doesn't a visit to your Doctor may clear up the problem. Goodluck
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky32 View Post
    I will give you the names of the stuff I have used, and how I liked it when I get back into town. I can't remember exact names right now. I did notice a huge difference in the natural products. Plus they are not very expensive. I paid more for name brand stuff.
    Hey Lucky32, are you back in town yet?

I'd really like to hear what you found successful. Thanks!

If you want good skin, just change the way you eat. You'll be surprised how it affects your skin.

^^ That's bullshit. Most acne is related to hormones.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information