Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: So...I broke down and ordered ProActiv

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

OMG. It REALLY dries your skin up and it made me break out like crazy but my friend Carlos, who also used it, said he broke out for a few days and then it really worked on him. I don't get it though, it hasn't done anything but dry me up and cause huge pimples.

alice i will look for some pics, but i dont think i have any...not up close enough that you could see my skin really good. my skin was never as bad as they show in their infomercials, but i played a lot of sports so constantly sweating and going from one practice to the next, made my face break out. Now that you ask i wish i would have taken a before picture, because id really like to see the difference also. The pore strips proactiv makes worked so much better for me then those biore ones. The proactiv stuff comes with some kind of oil that you put on first and then stick the strip on, wait till the strip drys, and then take it off. Just using it all together really did clear it up for me..and i get a lot of compliments on my skin.

If i remember correctly the first week or so that i used it, it really dried my skin up too, thats when i started trying it only once a day, and that works for me.
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Merlot-N-Bali View Post
    For those who have used ProActiv successfully: Does it help with blackheads at all, or just pimples?

Thanks!
    I have never had a blackhead, so I guess it does. I do get the white zits and the big painful pimples that are under your skin.

Thanks for the input guys! I may give the stuff a try. My main problem is blackheads. I use the Biore strips and have tried other anti-blackhead products in an attempt to prevent them from occuring in the first place, to no avail.
    "You should've never trusted Hollywood..."

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I know several people who have used this. At first your skin does seem to get worse because it pulls out all the blockages. Once that passes, you skin is supposedly really great.

I hear you end up looking like Jessica Simpson though so be careful!

^ ^

If that's what it does, I'll never buy it!

Ugh, it doesn't seem to be working and it'll be a week tomorrow. Although, to tell you the truth, I do wear makeup about 12-14 hours a day. Maybe that's interfering? I don't know, it doesn't seem to clear the pimples, just puts them down a little and makes them red scars on my skin. And my pores look the exact same, too.

Bronze Member Works WAY to Hard's Avatar

we tried this on my daughters skin, didn't work, she uses benzoil peroxide on her face now (just the spots, which were really painful and red), its cleared it up. She justed switched foundations, shes using Clarins foundation and it made a huge difference in her face. Shes also used Biotherm foundations which also works just as well. So personally I think the better foundations aren't clogging her pores. Hope this helps

Aw, that's too bad it hasn't worked for you, CE. Though I suppose it could take longer to work on some skin than others? After all, they do give you a 30-day trial, right? In the meantime, you could try Neutrogena foundation, they make an acne-clearing make-up which could possibly help since you wear make-up. I've never used it, so I can't personally vouch though. Or maybe switch to tinted moisturizer instead of foundation (assuming it's foundation you mean when you say make-up)?

sorry to hear its not working CE, i rarely ever wear makeup other than eye shadow/liner and some lip gloss...so i cant comment on whether or not the makeup is interfering. Maybe try what DC said and switch your foundation
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

But I really like the cover-up I wear now. It's light and it doesn't show all that much. Every other foundation or concealer I've used has ALWAYS showed up or they haven't been as good as the one I have now. I don't want to switch makeup, I want to fix my face. I don't know, I'm going to keep using it and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky32 View Post
    I tried it and the only thing that it cleared was my wallet. I had mild acne, and it did nothing for it. Since I stopped using make-up and switch to natural cosmetics, my skin is clear and I get compliments on it. So go figure.
    Which natural cosmetics?

Okay so a couple of weeks have gone by and it hasn't helped at all. In fact, it worsened it. Before, when I got pimples, after they'd be gone, I wouldn`t have much scarring. Now, when they're gone, the scars are bright and still there. It helps dry your pimples out so they're not quite as big but it leaves so many scars that it's like still having pimples. I'm still going to continue using it because I haven't been using it as much as necessary (you're supposed to use it twice a day, I use it once, sometimes less) and because it really causes acne scars. I actually am in the process of getting more ProActiv stuff (advanced spot treatment, concealer, oil control gel, bodywash, etc) and maybe everything combined will work, but I don't know. I don't have many bumps because it makes the pimples go down but I have huge red acne scars that I now have to cover with makeup, and it still doesn't cover them completely.

I had very very bad acne. I tried OTC meds and even went to a dermatologist. I opted not to take the Accutane and other meds.

I ordered Proactiv and used it for, I'd say, 6-8 months. It really cleared my skin. My pores were less noticeable. My skin tone was more even and the scars from pimples were fading.

Around the 6 month mark, I noticed these weird bumps I had never had before and flaking of my skin. I also had a red tone to my face. Several days later, I had a face full of hard white pimples and a rash. I also looked like I had a severe sunburn. My face was raw, itching, and painful in some areas.

I stopped using the product and these symptoms stopped in less than, but my old acne came back more plentiful than before.

I won't touch it again. I have found a different regimen that, in over a year, has yet to cause an adverse reaction.

Eli

My friend uses it and she says it is AMAZING. She should be in the ads. She says it gets rid of blackheads too and EVERYTHING. Apparently God made it, not Vanessa Williams? Am totally surprised at that.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information