Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should I dye my hair blonde?

I get hi and low lights and it looks very natural. I'm a very dirty blonde. When it starts growing in you can't really tell. I go about every 3 months and just do the crown. You'll definitely look good with them too if you want a little change.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Beautiful picture!

I would've suggested some highlights (as some others did) but, what did you end up doing??
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah, spill Bella! And what kind of ugly was it that your hair looks this good so soon after the mess-up? Or is this pic older than that. Oh yeah, it's winter over there

Hi guys. I just went into the hairdressers for a cut and slight re-style yesterday. I got some extra layers to give me less weight and more volume at the root, and asked about colouring. My hairdresser suggested that at my next appointment I should have a mixture of subtle high and low lights put in so that's what I'm going ahead with. Thanks for all your advice.

Mira, sorry I didn't understand your question. What mess-up? Winter, when? It's kind of Spring in England at the mo but that pic was taken in August when I was either in the Bahamas or Palm Beach, can't remember which now.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Now THAT is not fair at all - London having SPRING while we're having so much rain and fog!! Humph.

Remember a couple weeks ago you were saying you did something and it looked hideous and you didn't want to go to work. Then you posted this pic and I thought it was since the bad dye job.

It was yes! But the bad dye job was a long while ago, when I was about 17 so my hair has almost recovered from that now. Well almost, I still don't think this is entirely my natural hair colour even though there is no obvious root change

Hit By Ban Bus!

So what you've got now is box color? That's pretty good... looks completely natural!

Sadly yes it is. It can sometimes look a little brassy which is why I'm wanting it toning down.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Interesting. I went back to box color because it was so expensive to have it done - $60 every 3 weeks (including tip). Too much money and time investment. So I do it myself again.

The key is to use excellent shampoo and conditioner, which I got from the same hair salon. Expensive, but SO worth it. If I run out of that, I use L'Oreal shampoo and conditioners until I can get some more of the good stuff. Recently I used this crap from Sally Beauty Supply called Venetian Blind or something. It was horrible, and very expensive for what it was. Turned my hair to straw. This is the stuff right here: http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1215/192020 Sally's is actually going to give me a credit that's how bad it was. It does exactly the opposite of what it says it does.

I think the high and low lights are going to look good, plus it will put some shine back in if they're using good products. That's the one thing that's not quite as "there" with box color.

Yeah I agree colour can look a little flat if its out of the box. I use this shampoo:

and this conditioner:

and they work pretty well for me.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hmmm, I'm going to have to try that, thanks! I'm almost out of the shampoo I have and I really don't want to go back to the salon and have them talk me into coming back... have to find the stuff online I guess.

So I guess the gentle shampoo doesn't strip the color or shine?

I use a REALLY gentle colour shampoo or my real fave is Johnson's Baby Shampoo. Makes my hair smell glorious! I get my Kerastase from eBay though - much cheaper that way!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well dang I am going to have to revisit eBay, something I'm not fond of doing! but for that I would. (And that's why I haven't seen the Kerastase before...)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hey I just won some Kerastase Shampoo hopefully I'll have it in about 7-10 days, seller doesn't take PayPal. Oh well. Thanks for the tip Bella!

Oh wow you were quick...! It can be expensive but I think it's definitely worth it! You hardly need to use any to make your hair feel silky soft. Hope you like it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information