Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I dye my hair back to it's original colour?

Thanks for the syphathy girls. Sometimes I wish I had the guts to 'pull a Britney'! It would be kinda refreshing to be able to start all over again. Also I'd have a longer lie-in on a morning! My boyf assures me that it doesn't look bad but if you hate it yourself it's impossible to pull it off with any confidence. I just hope nobody makes any negative comments tomorrow as I think I'll cry!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Hit By Ban Bus!

You can always waltz in and state "NO comments from the peanut gallery!" I've had to do that! Usually I just run back to the beauty supply and try to correct it before going back to work lol. But if you can't do that, hopefully it doesn't look too wretched. We're usually our own worst critic so it probably doesn't look all that bad. Still, I'm totally sympathetic!

I just got done dyeing my hair again today, after doing it a few days ago. Had to re-do the roots because the gray didn't take very well. Hardly anything happened to those bloody roots today so I'm not too happy! Still, I know it doesn't look as bad as I think it does. In a few days I'll try again with a slightly darker color (lower number).

Shaving it all off is the way to go ladies! It shouldn't take this much work (and tears!) to look bloody presentable!

Thats always the worst bit, walking in to work after you have done your hair, or having to return to school/uni with something new about the way you look. I tended to find people actually didn't even notice sometimes, so don't worry and go in with your head held high. I bet it looks a lot nicer than you think!

Hit By Ban Bus!

You don't know how many times I wish I had the balls to shave my head! My hair color underneath is beautiful (a gorgeous very light grey/silver exactly like my mother's) but I do not look good in short hair (hideous in fact) and I DEFINITELY don't look good bald! and I'm not ready to look that old yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pinklilycat View Post
    Thanks for the syphathy girls. Sometimes I wish I had the guts to 'pull a Britney'! It would be kinda refreshing to be able to start all over again.
    I've had to do the same thing, and you don't have to pull a full Britney. When I had to cut my hair and start over I just went VERY short (we're talking clippered to a 3 on the sides). It was pretty much a feminized men's haircut, short on the sides, longer on top so it could be styled and feminine. I ended up LOVING it, the style was versatile enough that I could wear it dressy or casual, and it made it so much faster getting ready in the morning. It's scary to see all that hair on the floor, but after about a day you realize what a liberating thing it was. My hair is in such better condition since I cut off all the screwed up overly dyed hair, now when I dye it I choose colors that aren't too far off my natural color, just enough to make it a little different.

Good luck, your hair will be fine after a bit.

Well you've made me feel a little better so thank you for being kind! I'll just have to work it like I mean it and hope that others are as nice as you guys. Fingers crossed I don't wake up with a giant spot on my nose as well or something equally as mortifying! I'll defo be ringing in sick then!

If you do call in sick, you do realise that when you go in on Tuesday they'll all think you took Monday off to get your hair done?

Oh yeah! Bugger - guess I'll be facing the music then...

Elite Member

lol..you prolly look much nicer than you realize pinklily..and there are always hats and headbands too..

Sweetie you are still the same Blonde chick we all love inside !! I know how you feel , when I went dark I hated no matter how many people said it looked good I still hated it.
    Maximus

Wash it a few times and it will fade some. I've been there and am ready to do mine again but I can't decide what I want my hair is almost to the middle of my back all one length. Mr shedevil says if i cut it he'll shave his head and I don't like looking at a penis all the time(lol). But I'm really bored with my hair it is also brown(blah) and very thin i need to talk Mel into moving back here I need my hair stylest back(lol she's the only one that could ever get it to look good)

Hit By Ban Bus!

OK pinklilycat, how's it looking today?? What did people at work say??

Ooh sorry, I've only just seen this!
    People have been non-commital on the issue, mainly saying "Oh, you've had your hair done" and then... nothing. No, "it looks lovely!" or "it really suits you" so I'm taking from that that they hate it as much as I do but don't want to hurt my feelings ! It's faded quite a bit now but it's still pretty awful. I'm really looking forward to being able to just let my roots grow out though so I'm undecided as to whether or not I'm going to go back to bleach! For the time being I'm just tying it up and not stressing about it (yeah right)... it's only blumin hair after all!! Ta for checking in on me though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information