Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shedding hair

Thick as hell once again, haha. I think the shedding was all due to wearing my hair up too much, because i wear it out now and i don't shed at all. Just a few strands in the brush and when i wash; not quite the nightmare it used to be!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

oh good yeah i have periods of shedding as well then not so much; its scary though b/c i really dread the day i have old-lady hair

Mine is still coming out in a big way...

Its really upsetting me. I cringe everytime I brush it. Its getting bad.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I started losing hair a few years ago, I know how you feel, I totally panicked. at the time I had lost a significant amount of weight and I was almost 40 so I was convinced I was either malnourished or approaching menopause so I went straight to my dr. he laughed at me(I showed no signs of either) so i went to my sister(a hairdresser) in tears, she said as long as it's not falling out in clumps, and as long as there is new growth(and there was) then it was probably just normal thinning.
    My hair did thin out considerably, but after a few months it stopped, now at certain times of the year, usually in the fall it will start up again, but I don't panic anymore because it's only temporary.
    What I hate is that the texture of my hair actually changes when it starts to fall out, it's dry, dull, flat and mousy looking, but then when I stop shedding it goes back to looking healthy and shiny, anyone else notice that?

im sorry lynnie its just from the child-birth im sure! i've heard that happens up to a year or so after then it comes back in full force! I've seen it happen too to mothers I know, its scarey though, im not looking forward to that either!

As if i needed another reason not to have kids.

I hope it stops soon Lynnie, i know the awful feeling. Have you seen a doctor about it? Not that they're super helpful. It happened to my Mum and the doctor was like 'It's only hair'... pfftt. Mum's stopped, but she said not stressing out about it helped alot, she would just say things like 'Luckily they make great wigs nowadays', and she just accepted it.. . Stress will make it worse. She ends up with bald spots when she's stressed, then it grows back when she's better; hair can bounce back, fortunately.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

What is curtage?

It turns out i have alopecia . My doctor says it's not permanent and will grow back. I hope so. I have a big patch behind my right ear (that i wasn't even aware of!) that has just wispy hairs on it--i didn't notice it because i have long hair and it was covered up. I only saw it when i put my hair in a ponytail and was like .
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

^ omg im so sorry that is so scary!!! and I hope it does come back! in fact im sure it will if its just a patch you will be ok I'm sure keep us updated ok!!!!

curetage.com

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    Thick as hell once again, haha. I think the shedding was all due to wearing my hair up too much, because i wear it out now and i don't shed at all. Just a few strands in the brush and when i wash; not quite the nightmare it used to be!

Note to self: wear hair down. I have the same problem but I attributed it to my hair getting longer. I also take a lot of vitamins, which I think helps my hair and skin look good.

Side note: I love how I always seem to be on the same posts as you and a few others.....and thoughts are so similar!

I'm spreading good Karma! Because I need it!

^I'm so glad to have you here, I enjoy your posts too

Thanks for the advice; i find I definetly shed more when I've been wearing my hair up. When it's down.. it's about one strand a day!

I know that if I tie my hair back/up/etc when I brush it it looks like I loose more bacause it all comes out at once rather than shedding throughout the day.

My hairbrush looks thick with hair at the moment and I'm loosing a lot too, but, like you say my hairdresser commented on the new growth... so....

I take a mulit-vitimin that is specifically for hair/nails & skin (called Perfectil by Vitabiotics I don't know if you'll get the brand there?) and a cod liver oil tablet.
    I'm not sure about the what or whys but I get more compliments when I take them!!!
    Free Charmed.

ladies should stop bleaching their hair too; all the older blondes i know (my mom included) who've been dying their hair blonde for years have way less hair than other women their age sucks but true. i just hope i can cont. to NOT dye my hair with harsh dyes if and when i go grey

I have highlights which cover the 5 grey hairs I have. My sister (who is also a very dark brunnette with blue eyes) has gone what I can only describe as "madonna blond" and although she's only 2 years older than me, she looks 10 because if how aging it is.

I think that striking changes can look stunning but as some women age they need to go for a softer look.
    Free Charmed.

yes definetely; i could never go blonde again b/c A) i dont like it as much aesthetic-wise and B) when i look at pics and compare my hair in volume and how it looks health-wise then and now the differences are astounding! even though that was years ago so i was younger and should have had more hair; when i was dying my dark hair blonde it was a scraggly thinning dried-out mess! and i was paying an arm and a leg to get it done too! ($200 every 8 weeks !!!! )

but thats just my experience and educated observances of my own hair and others' over my years as a woman of the world

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Alice--does that curetage work? It looks really interesting.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information