Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shedding hair

Tittie length is a nice length. Long but still manageable.

I tried uploading the pics again, hope they work this time
    I cut my face out because everyone can see this forum.

Chill, whats your daily shed? I think i'm just paranoid because my mum searched my whole head for bald spots today and kept saying my hair was so thick- seems crazy because i swear so much has gone down that drain!

RG, it looks lovely, actually better this way! Good job! Now I want to know what your face looks like. Honest, that it is a great cut.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Rasberry--stop obsessing! You have lovely, thick hair and have nothing to worry about!

I have just noticed in the last little while that my hair is really thinning--to the point where i can't wear a ponytail because i literally have bald spots. Does anyone know if Rogaine would help? My hair used to be really thick and i am kind of scared that i am going to lose all my hair .
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

female baldness runs in my family, mine is much thinner that it was when I was younger and I worry about it too. I also have thyroid disease so that doesn't help matters any. I can tell it's thinner because back in the 80's, those terrible banana clips, I couldn't even close on my hair it was so thick. Now, it's barely enough to braid in the back, very thin. Not sure what to do about it either, I have considered Rogaine too but haven't tried anything so far. Was hoping for enlightenment in this thread.
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
    female baldness runs in my family, mine is much thinner that it was when I was younger and I worry about it too. I also have thyroid disease so that doesn't help matters any. I can tell it's thinner because back in the 80's, those terrible banana clips, I couldn't even close on my hair it was so thick. Now, it's barely enough to braid in the back, very thin. Not sure what to do about it either, I have considered Rogaine too but haven't tried anything so far. Was hoping for enlightenment in this thread.
    Corsair, what does your endocrinologist suggest? This is not an uncommon issue.

I need to ask finally. It's gotten bad enough that it's worth talking to them I guess.

I don't want to ask your age, but are you going through menopause? The estrogen decline can cause hair loss when you have the genes for it (other women in your family with thin hair) I agree with qwerty, see an endo and have your hormones tested. There are treatments for hormonal hair loss. If its genetic, it cant really be cured but it can be slowed.

I'm 40, and according to my mom we are prone to early menopause (starting in late 30's) in our family. Crap. I'll be calling a doctor this week, will see what they can do. I had told my kids, when it got too thin, I was gonna buzz it off, dye it platinum blonde and get a tattoo. For some reason they don't believe me!

Make sure your getting all your Vitamin B's.

Are you vegetarian by any chance?

Eli

Oh my Gosh. Shampoo'd my hair today and when I put the conditioner in, I left it there and decided to run my brush through it because I thought with the conditioner in it, it wouldn't pull and rip out any hairs like usual because there would be less knots. Yet strangely, after I'd done it there seemed to be more hair caught in the brush than usual. Even when I showed my mum the mound she went "Oh my God".
    I'm trying to convince myself that it's because of these reasons: I don't have a thick head of hair, never have and never will. I don't wash my hair very often, only once a week, so maybe it was a build up of knots and hair waiting to come out. Or maybe it's because I'm always stressed. Or because I have sores on my scalp. Or because I used a brush instead of a comb and it ripped the hairs out. And I have longish hair now.

I can't go bald! I'll die!!

But somehow, and this will sound lame, deep down I believe it's not baldness, it's just some other reason. My hairline isn't receding any more than usual, I think. My grandfather was bald and my uncle was too, but my dad still has a lot of hair, and I did develop my mother's abnormally high forehead... Hope for me yet?

^Don't use conditioner - and if you have to, use it only on the ends of the hair - NOT the scalp/roots.

And shampoo everyday. Washing that little, besides being DISGUSTING - WILL make you hair fall. And if your hair/scalp is oily - use a clear shampoo that you can see through.
    Last edited by NHKMM; June 11th, 2008 at 03:38 AM.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

^^ I don't shampoo every day and i'm hardly disgusting. Besides, every beauty article i've ever read says it's much better for you hair to wash every other day or so.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

^Not washing for an entire week IS disgusting, I'm sorry. It gets awfully greasy, it smells and you develope dandruff and other nasty stuff - as well as losing your hair eventually because your scalp is dirty.

And my hair is much healthier since I started washing it daily. And I read PLENTY of articles saying it's perfectly fine and healthy to wash daily.

Eli

My hair doesn't get greasy at all any more, that is it's strawy and dry now. If only it was greasy. It used to be, and it was fine.
    I've also heard it's terrible to shampoo your hair every day because it makes your hair used to it and it loses its natural protection or something like that.

I know what you mean I have thin/wavy/curly hair...and it is very thin in the front...and different lengths in the front..from it breaking off...not taking vitamins..or drinking enough water..I do lose quite a bit now and then mostly because it gets knotted up so easily!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information