1.one tablespoon cottage cheese
    2. one tablespoon plain yogurt
    3. one teaspoon sour creme
    4. one egg yolk
    5. juice of half a lemon
    leave on face 10-15 mins. its great.

Elite Member

^^
    another great face mask is plain oatmeal and water..also honey..i wish i wasn't so lazy with skincare lol
    i need to go through this thread and like take notes..

Elite Member

^^oh, you're right! oatmeal is an exfoliator and I guess you could use honey alone or in either mask.

I am lazy so I buy my masks or go to beautician.

But I will try some of these tips .
    ----------------------

Respect is given when respect is deserved.

Try these:

• When applying mascara apply it underneath the lashes and not on top. When you have done this put a tissue underneath the lashes, to blot off the excess mascara.
    • B4 you put on lipstick, apply foundation to your lips. Then fill in first with a lip pencil and then a lip crayon. I find my lipstick lasts longer this way. Blot your lips with each layer by putting a tissue paper between your lips and press together.
    • For a more dramatic eyeliner. Get a thin lip brush, wet it and put black eyeshadow on it. Then apply. Its great for the smokey effect.
    • If you have very rough, elbows, heels and knees. Then use cocoa butter cream or vaseline. The skin will be smooth in no time.
    • If you have very dark circles under your eyes, the best concealer to use is camouflage type. Try Dermaband. Get the concealer and apply under the eye's only - and not on the eye lid. Blend in with your finger tips. Get face powder and pat on top of the concealer (to seal it) - remember to blend it in (prefrably with a blusher brush). Then apply your foundation around the eye area. But not on the concealer.
    • If you use moistouriser b4 applying make up, blot with a tissue to take of access oil etc. The make up will stay on for longer.
    • In the summer stick to liquid or mousse foundation and set with powder.
    • To apply face powder - try using an blusher brush. The effect is less heavy.
    • Buy a retractable Blusher brush for when you are on the go and are busy. They are great, convenient and small enough to fit into your handbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
    Excellent tip about applying a light, shimmery colour on the top centre lid; I use silver pencil. It really does open up the eyes.

Another thing I do is I always dust my lashes with eyeshadow powder (you can use a colour you aren't crazy about if you have one in a set) before I apply mascara. I always separate lashes, too, with a clean, dry mascara wand.
    I might try those tips.

1) to look younger lighten your hair; warm tones are ideal

2) use lip gloss rather than lipstick or ontop of lipstick for a younger and sexier appearance

3) when blowing out hair, blow your bangs and front- side sections of hair in front of your face---take the hair and pull it 4ward with the brush as you blow dry rather than to its respective side, it will give u a sultry appearance. also, use a round brush never a flat brush...even if you want straight hair, a round brush will avoid frizzies and kinks...the bigger the round brush the straighter the hair will be too

3) the ideal haircut is one that frames your face best..i have medium long hair with framing layers around my face---makes all the diff..

4) always mositurize after showering

5) no body hair---anywhere, zero...EVER!

6) DONT DONT DONT ever do a full updo with your hair...sooooo wrong..never looks as good as hair down or half down

7) everyone should have at least one pair of designer sunglasses

**8) best 1 minute makeover---a little concealer under the eyes and around the nose+ a little bronzing powder+lip gloss

9) to preserve a good blow out while you sleep, use a butterfly clip and clip ends of hair up to the top of your hair (so you dont sleep ontop of them)...in the morning use a hair dryer to go over your bangs again and some serum/pommade to fluff ur hair up, ur blow out will be preserved

10) funny thing, i use old spice clear deoderant...i happened upon it bc it was a clear roll on and NOT a gel which is hard to find...it works great ofcourse bc its for men, BUT ppl all always telling me how great i smell lolololol---the sent does change on women

Completely disagree about the body hair. And it's generally accepted that having very light hair as you age makes you look older, not younger. We've all seen those "hard-looking" older women with the bright blonde or platinum hair and too many highlights.

I disagree with the gloss. Glossy lips can look really tacky, really quickly. A lipstick with a soft sheen, or with a dab of lipgloss blended in well looks much better on everyone.

And I like my fuzzy viking arms. We're mammals. Mammals have hair. Some people need to get over it.
    2 years...

^^That, too.

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

Guys, thank you so much for the info on the nose makeup tips. But what if your nose is long, what can you do then?

Also, is there anything I can do to help my eyelashes? Mascara messes them up so much and makes them fall out. I don't want to be bald-eyed, so I'm planning on not using mascara. Any tips on what I can do to have a similar effect? (And I've tried clear mascara)

I rarely use mascara but when I do I use Neutrogen lash tint. It's just enough to make my lashes show up. I don't want them to be thicker or longer, it doesn't suit me and makes my eyes look to made up. I've never found a mascara that I liked other than Neutrogen but then again I quit buying them because I didn't like any I ever tried. Neutrogen is very gentle because it's only giving a tint. Most of the time I only use a curler which helps them show up.
    Last edited by B.C.; December 31st, 2006 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    And it's generally accepted that having very light hair as you age makes you look older, not younger. We've all seen those "hard-looking" older women with the bright blonde or platinum hair and too many highlights.
    I never said anything about VERY LIGHT hair...take a look at Roma Downey's newly relatively light hair. It took years off of her. Same with JLO who lightened her once jet black hair to a chocolate brown...Im not saying to necessarily go blonde or go platinum, and likewise I have seen many more women with super dark hair that look hardened than those with lighter hair...

before
    http://member.tripod.com/~pg4anna/205-RomaWChild.jpg
    http://www.tvnorge.no/bilder/00/73/8...ney_redd_l.jpg

after
    http://www.promised.de/Bilder/Roma2.jpg
    http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.search.yahoo.com%2Fsear ch%2Fimages%3Fei%3Dutf-8%26fr%3Dslv8-%26p%3Droma%2520downey&w=300&h=450&imgurl=images.z ap2it.com%2F20040715%2Fromadowney_thewbpt04_02.jpg &rurl=http%3A%2F%2Ftv.zap2it.com%2Fphotos%2Findex% 2F0%2C1237%2Czp_fromThumb%7C89383%7C86696%2C00.htm l&size=26.5kB&name=romadowney_thewbpt04_02.jpg&p=r oma+downey&type=jpeg&no=3&tt=556&oid=0747c116a126b 974&ei=UTF-8

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Completely disagree about the body hair. .
    Im a firm adovocate for no body hair so we can agree to disagree on that one

Most of my skincare product is from http://www.lush.com

It's all naturelle!

They have the best shampoo ever!
    - "The blonde shampoo" for my guess-wich-colour hair
    - "Trichomania" shampoo for dry hair
    - I juse "Buffy" for my back (It drove my ex mad after shower )
    - "Soft Coeur" will make you smell wonderful after a massage!

Changing: I use vaseline on my eyelashes (just apply with my fingertip) and then use a lash comb to separate. I have the same issue with mascara and this does the trick for me.

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

you can use coffee grounds for cellulite, milk of magnesia for oily skin, and strawberries to whiten your teeth.
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information