Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Share your tips and tricks

Best tip: Body brushing, you look so polished and toned!
    Hair wise: Blasting cold air on a freshly blowdried strip of hair, or newly curled curl will instantly set it. 5cm diameter velcro curlers for extreme volume on roots, USE GOOD PRODUCTS. Always do a moisture treatment 1x per week, protein pack every 10 washes. If your hair is ULTRA dirty, take a bristle brush and run that icky stuff through to your ends over and over, better than the bottled stuff!! When u wash your hair it'll be ULTRA soft.
    Toenails: Tidy up in a rush: Use baby oil/ cuticle oil on your cuticles before u go out if you havent had time to redo the nails/feet. It'll last all night!!! Seriously! I use heel balm on my feet too if there was no time to do a pedicure/exfoliation. Both tricks mask the dried out look ! YUCK
    Shaving: Dry shave with baby powder on your bikini line. Shave from side to side, not bottom to top!
    Thats all i can think of....
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    I shave my face every few days. It makes the application of makeup so much smoother.
    For real? Doesn't the hair grow back stubbly?

I really don't have much beauty tips, except for MAC, MAC, MAC. Everything that has to do with color should be MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticGirl View Post
    Shaving: Dry shave with baby powder on your bikini line. Shave from side to side, not bottom to top.
    I'll try that, I have no luck with my bikini line.

[quote=Chilly Willy;439066]For real? Doesn't the hair grow back stubbly?
    [quote]

No, it doesn't. I have very tiny fine baby blonde hairs on my face, so I guess that's why they don't grow back stubbly. I wouldn't try it on hair that's darker or coarser though.

So do I. People say it's cute, but I find it weird. But I never dared to shave them. Maybe I'll try now. Thank you!

Hit By Ban Bus!

My turn in the confessional is...
    wearing darker foundation then my skin tone to look tan!

As far as fashion... wearing neon socks (green usually) and putting them over stirrup pants or cuffed jeans to match my neon tops.

Excellent tip about applying a light, shimmery colour on the top centre lid; I use silver pencil. It really does open up the eyes.

Another thing I do is I always dust my lashes with eyeshadow powder (you can use a colour you aren't crazy about if you have one in a set) before I apply mascara. I always separate lashes, too, with a clean, dry mascara wand.

Since I have a few tiny broken veins along one side of my nose and a few on one cheek, I apply a little green coverall before I apply foundation. It really does the trick!

I heard Damone Roberts from "Ten Years Younger" say that if you use a concealer under your eyes, apply it over your foundation.

I don't wear a full-face of makeup every day; if I was still working, I would, though.

Saw this on the Tyra show...apply white eyeliner to the under eye area above the lower lashes. ( I'm not sure what that part of the eye is called,lol) Alot of us used to put black there. But the white, if not done over done, really makes the eye look fresh and wide.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

SVZ

It's the waterline I think hehe...

I put vegetable glycerine in my conditioner, mimicks the effects of Redken's All Soft.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I love Urban Decay, but we can't get it in Canada any more. I like their liquid eyeliner and some of the lipsticks.
    You could probably get it online. Try Sephora.com or Ulta.com. In fact I got some Urban Decay eyeshadow at an Ulta store.

Which brings me to my beauty tip. Urban Decay eyeshadow in "Heat" is very flattering for dark-eyed brunettes. It's an extremely vibrant red,and it might scare you at first, but the trick is to mix it up with other colors. I usually start out with white eyeshadow on the lid, then cover it up with Heat. I put a dark brown on the crease and then some gold above the crease. I blend with my fingers and wipe any excess with a tissue, then put Heat under my lower eyelashes to complete the look.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Always, always curl your lashes... If you find yourself without shaving gel, use hair conditioner...it works so good...
    Hmm...Use bronzer!!! That's all for now...
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Quote Originally Posted by Green-eyed-hottie View Post
    Always, always curl your lashes... If you find yourself without shaving gel, use hair conditioner...it works so good...
    Hmm...Use bronzer!!! That's all for now...
    Very good ones. I'd rather have my lash curler than my mascara if I had to choose. I always put the blow dryer on my lash curler first to heat it up! It works so much better and stays better too.I keep the lash curler on for at least ten seconds each eye. Make sure to get those outside lashes in there! Then I do it again, cuz my lashes are stubborn. You will really see a huge diff. The lash curlers with the white rubber things work much better than the hard plastic black things. When applying the mascara, begin at the very outside lashes and just do the ends at first.
    Yes, the conditioner for shaving is so much better than gel anyway. On legs at least, lol!
    I keep a bottle of Hawaiian Tropics Oil spray in the shower too. I actually shave my legs with it, it's amazing! But I spray it on my arms and legs and rub it in b4 the end of the shower and rinse the excess. I'm soft all day.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I just read somewhere that you can put a thin layer of vaseline on your teeth to make them appear whiter. But I am not trying that.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Very good ones. I'd rather have my lash curler than my mascara if I had to choose. I always put the blow dryer on my lash curler first to heat it up! It works so much better and stays better too.I keep the lash curler on for at least ten seconds each eye. Make sure to get those outside lashes in there! Then I do it again, cuz my lashes are stubborn. You will really see a huge diff. The lash curlers with the white rubber things work much better than the hard plastic black things. When applying the mascara, begin at the very outside lashes and just do the ends at first.
    Yes, the conditioner for shaving is so much better than gel anyway. On legs at least, lol!
    I keep a bottle of Hawaiian Tropics Oil spray in the shower too. I actually shave my legs with it, it's amazing! But I spray it on my arms and legs and rub it in b4 the end of the shower and rinse the excess. I'm soft all day.
    I have done that too. Heated up the curler with the hairdryer. I think I read that tip from Danni Minogue a few years back!

I wax at beauty salon.Beeswax is best for keeping legs smooh, hairs grow slower, too.
    Use cucumber slices for tired eyes and lash curlers before mascara.
    Wash hair in vinegar if you don't have a good shampoo for dandruff.
    Wash hair less-daily use of shampoo damages hair, nomatter what.Just shower with water and TOWEL DRY-hairdryer dries too much.
    Rub cocoa butter on body - best if natural, less chemicals is best for skin.Cocoa butter will help any stretchmarks and also improves elasticity.Makes body smell nice, too!
    For face and neck- creams based on Royal jelly(from bees) are very good...also good is ginger(astringent), honey&lemon(for pores and scarred tissue)etc.
    Vitamin A and E - especially from natural products, keeps a body looking smooth and it's healthy .I munch on carrots and brasil nuts/walnuts.Use a lot of vitamin C in winter.
    Oh, I've not read the whole thread , I hope I didn't copy what has been said allready!
    ----------------------

Respect is given when respect is deserved.

# Brushing gently lips with a damp toothbrush makes them look fuller cause any dry flaky skin will be brushed off and leave them gorgeously pink

# Putting Dove Moisturising Lotion or Nivea Cream on your body makes skin more elastic and prevents stretch marks

# The best thigh and butt firming lotion is Garnier Body Tonic, i saw a difference after a few days!! Dove Firming Lotion is also good for all over firming

.....The oil spray and tan spray are very handy, although I have to have a helper for tan spray on my back.
    ----------------------

Respect is given when respect is deserved.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information