Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Salmon may be best-kept beauty secret

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    and do you have great skin and hair?!
    except for a few zits around that time of the month, i can't complain.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

cool

We eat salmon usually 5 times a week, I make it every way imaginable. My hair is past my waist and healthy, my husband shaves his head so not sure. Our skin is soft and minimal wrinkles, we are in our 40's, of course we live in Florida but dont bake in the sun so it could be the humidity that keeps our skin nice. Hopefully our hearts are healthier which is the main thing
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

thats very cool! wow, i gotta get back on a regimen man pronto!

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    We eat salmon usually 5 times a week, I make it every way imaginable. My hair is past my waist and healthy, my husband shaves his head so not sure. Our skin is soft and minimal wrinkles, we are in our 40's, of course we live in Florida but dont bake in the sun so it could be the humidity that keeps our skin nice. Hopefully our hearts are healthier which is the main thing
    5 times a week sounds a little excessive...

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Do you buy frozen or fresh? How much do you have to pay? Here in TX, we pay around $15 a pound for wild Alaskan Salmon when it's available.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorGirl View Post
    5 times a week sounds a little excessive...
    We eat it in our salads as well, some people eat potatos 5 times a week, we happen to like salmon, and we arent meat eaters, so seafood and chicken is the meat in our meals

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Do you buy frozen or fresh? How much do you have to pay? Here in TX, we pay around $15 a pound for wild Alaskan Salmon when it's available.
    I usually buy it from Publix, and it is fresh farm raised, alot of times it is on sale for $6.99, you cant beat that. The best salmon I have had was in Oregon. Yum!
    Last edited by Tati; February 17th, 2009 at 08:45 PM.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Holy shit, two of my fave things to eat in life are salmon and spinach. I could eat them morning, noon and night. Love em.

I need to look more into this, but given the expense, it's hard.....at least for Salmon.

yeah i eat chicken at least 5 times a week so i can see how if you love you, you'd eat it that much.
    and i like salmon too, but like i said, im a terrible fish cook!
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; February 17th, 2009 at 07:50 PM.

Super walmart has wild salmon in the seafood section, it is individually packaged in a bag and I think its around $6 for a lb. Where they keep the frozen shrimp in a bag. I havent bought it before, but it looks like a good deal.
    Rip Mom

Very interesting. I was just wondering why I was noticing a marked glow to my skin, and maybe its because I've been eating a lot more seafood.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    yeah i eat chicken at least 5 times a week so i can see how if you love you, you'd eat it that much.
    and i like salmon too, but like i said, im a terrible fish cook!
    you can do so many (easy) things with salmon. steam it (just buy one of those steam basket thingies at any asian food shop), papillotte (wrapped in tinfoil with maybe some onion or carrots or veggies or basically anything you can think of, and some herbs), cook in a very hot pan (has to be rawish in the middle though), broil it in the oven (stick it in a dish on the highest oven rack, so it's close to the broiler on top, and cook it for about 1 or 2, then turn it, and cook for another minute or 2 - and that's for really thick slices, so that the top and bottom get crunchy but the middle remains rawish).
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It is delicious with a bit of lemon and butter, wrapped in foil and placed on the grill.

My brother also makes a great salmon salad to eat with crackers. yum!

I take Omega 3 supplements, 4000 mg a day, and I have noticed a change in my hair and skin. I am from the deep south, so we have a lot of humidity in our air, but my almost 46 year old skin is very smooth.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!

thanks sputty! this sounds soooo good:
    papillotte (wrapped in tinfoil with maybe some onion or carrots or veggies or basically anything you can think of, and some herbs), cook in a very hot pan (has to be rawish in the middle though),

Alice-I have it about 2-3 times a week. The best way,I think is broiled (not too close to the heat) slowly in lemon juice. Salt.Pepper. I don't like mine anyway but well done. I don't think it even needs butter.Too boring? Add pico de gallo! And black beans with chopped fresh onion on top. Oh-and garlic bead. It sounds more expensive than it is-watch for sales. Either fresh or frozen is good.
    Last edited by McJag; February 24th, 2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: forgotten r.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information