Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rosacea

What is Metrogel? Is it over the counter or do you need a prescription?
    I was diagnosed with Rosacea a few years ago. My dermo put me on Minocyclin to kill the zits, and prescribed a couple of topical creams. The creams help a little bit...not a whole lot. I still have a patch of redness on the on my left cheek and on my chin. I wish I could get just get this crap lasered off.

Right now I'm using Bare Escentuals and Smashbox Primer, and these products cover up the redness and even up my skintone. It makes me look like I have the skin I had before it started acting up in my 30s.

I think mine is at least partly hereditary, because my brother has Rosacea, too. Me, my brother and my dad have had to see the dermo for skin issues.

I have rosacea too and it sucks. It is hereditary and can be flared up by about anything for me (too cold, too hot, windy, sun). I have tried a combination of things and my skin is much better now than is has been, but I do still have flare-ups. I do take fish oil capsules daily. (If you decide to take fish oil, be sure to use a high quality product, not one with crap in it.)

I use metrogel, prescribed by a dermatologist. The other products I use daily are mild, even though my skin is oily. I can ramble off my list if anyone is interested, including make up. (With my eye make up, I have to be especially careful, rosacea can affect eyes too, and mine are really sensitive.)

Do any of you get migraines too? I read that they can be related and are caused by a vascular disorder.

I haven't had any migraines and my eyes seem ok...for now at least!

Thanks for all of these tips. I might ask my dermatologist about metrogel if the cream I'm on doesn't do anything!

There are different kinds of metro products - metrogel, metrocream, metrolotion - depending on your skin type. (Since mine is oily, I use metrogel.) Good luck!

SVZ

You could try something with Sea Buckthorn oil, current research indicates that it is beneficial in rosacea as well as dermatitis.

I am going to a really good health food store today, I will look for that. Prescription stuff hasn't helped me that much.

SVZ

Aubrey has an oil and face wash which is good, there's also a company called FaceDoctor in Canada, it's available at Shoppers, but I've never seen it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information