Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really dry skin on face

I've been using this soapto wash my face for a couple of months, and I really like it; my skin feels soft, it doesn't irritate my skin, plus I get it for 97 cents a bar at Walmart:

Walmart.com: Betres: Oatmeal Jabon Soap, 3.5 oz: Beauty

Elite Member

Default re

Do you take omega-3 supplements? Just taking those internally can help a lot. I use a product (GNC multi-oil pills) that combines fish oil, flaxseed oil, borage oil and a couple others).

They help a multitude of skin and scalp problems (as well as being good for your brain and your heart).

I actually take loads of vitamins, but no fish oil. For some reason, they repeat horribly on me and taste like salmon (which I despise).

Thanks for all the tips. I had a facial last week, which removed most of the already dead and peeling skin. Now my dilemma is to keep it from happening again. For now, I'm slathering on the Bag Balm at night, rinsing it off with cool water in the morning and using some Aveeno as a moisturizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I actually take loads of vitamins, but no fish oil. For some reason, they repeat horribly on me and taste like salmon (which I despise).
    I don't know if you have access to Trader Joe's, but they make an odorless Omega-3 supplement. Sometimes I can faintly taste something, but usually not.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I don't know if you have access to Trader Joe's, but they make an odorless Omega-3 supplement. Sometimes I can faintly taste something, but usually not.
    Thanks. I'll hit Trader Joe's over the weekend and give it a shot.

clarins has some kind of hydrating serum that is great for winter dry skin at least
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

I'm also now using these 2 products from Avon, which are formulated for winter dry skin:

Avon Shop - Products

Avon Shop - Products

Both heve excellent reviews at the Avon website, and I really like them so far as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I'm also now using these 2 products from Avon, which are formulated for winter dry skin:

Avon Shop - Products

Avon Shop - Products

Both heve excellent reviews at the Avon website, and I really like them so far as well.
    My mom sells Avon, I'm going to ask if she can get me some. Generally, I like their products especially their mositurizers.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Re:Really dry skin on face

Hello Guys,

We have opposite problem.I have oil skin.But i only want to say that drink water too much.

Thanks
    Mark.

Charmed Hour,

I really think you should invest in the Avene line that someone posted earlier. It is made by a pharmaceutical company that is specifically designed for people with sensitive and even intolerant skin. It isn't just a cosmetic company that sticks hand lotion in a tube and overcharges for it.

You should be cleansing, toning, and moisturizing every day, both morning and night. Make sure any cleanser you use on your face is specifically for dry skin and is soap-free.
    Exfoliate, but no more than 2-3 times a week. Make sure you use an exfoliator that has man-made exfoliating beads and not natural. Most people assume the opposite, but that is wrong. The man-made beads are perfectly round spheres so they roll the dead skin/cells off your face. The natural beads are jagged, so they scrape at your skin (I'm looking at you, St.Ives... lol) and are just not good for your face.

If you use a toner, that will help control the ph balance of your face and you will get the most out of your lotion. When you wash your face, you remove the hydrolopidic film (aka a natural barrier) that takes 3-4 hours to restore on its own. When you do that, your face needs to take in MORE moisture. That results in having to apply a lot more lotion. When you use a toner, it automatically balances the ph in your skin, restoring that hydrolopidic film. It helps minimize pores and will help with any blackhead problem you have. I promise you will notice a difference in how much lotion you need to apply afterwards; the amount is minimal. So if you spend that $27 in the Avene, you will really help stretch out how long that tube lasts.

Where do you live? Do you have drugstores that often have promotions? You can pay attention to flyers because often times they will have gift with purchases, buy one get one, etc. Many times Avene will put on promotions where you get a cleanser and the cream comes with it as a package. I know Avene also sent out samples of their new lotions, so go into your local store that carries Avene and ask for samples.
    Do you get this kind of dryness on the rest of you? If so, Avene also has soap-free body washes and even a soap-free cleansing bar that just looks like a bar of soap. I think the bar is roughly $8.

Question though, when you break out from products is it all over? Just on your forehead? Or is it more on your lower cheeks, jawline, and mouth area? Where you breakout from products can actually mean different things.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Thanks for all the responses!

I've tried the Cetaphil in the past, it didn't work very well for me. You name it and I've probably tried it at this point, Aveeno, Bag Balm, etc.

I am using Elidel on my face but only on the eczema. I have a derma appointment tomorrow, so I'm going to ask about the other 2 meds listed.

My skin is so sensitive I can't use anything on my face when I wash, just cool water. Anything else and it starts drying out, peeling and flaking. It's so annoying that I can't get this under control. I drink plenty of water, avoid fried/greasy foods, etc.

Last night I slathered on some Vaseline after I showered and my skin feels less tight today.

Congrats on the baby Manx.

Does Walgreens sell Weleda products where you live? Here they sold a product called Face Balm and I love it. The wind blows here constantly and my face was getting chapped and itchy, so I put this on at night. The only drawback is that it smells like a balm and is thick, but it works wonders. They closed it out and were selling it for about 1.50 a tube and I bought about ten of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information