Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rash from Clinique liquid facial soap

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Patrick Bateman, is that you??
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

I just discovered Lush when I went to the local mall last week. Their Angels on Bare Skin cleanser is great and am impressed with the Ayesha facial mask! Where the hell have I been?

Apparently, Lush has a makeup line (under a different name don't know what so can't check it out) as well but unfortunately it's not available in North America.
    Last edited by qwerty; May 4th, 2009 at 04:08 PM.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

The smell at Lush makes me want to retch so I've never actually been inside.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hate Lush. Can't stand strong smells.

Cleansers ... at some point I had my hands on a list of all the ingredients that could cause skin reactions, because I have really sensitive skin. And damned if almost every product I investigated had multiple "bad" ingredients.

I ended up going to a health-food store, and almost everything there also had various potential irritants. Finally, I bought some stuff by Zia, because it was the only brand that didn't use anything known to be irritating in any of its products. That was years ago, I'm still using the Zia line, and I've never had a reaction of any kind.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

i just got the clinique liquid soap in my bonus bag. lol. first few times i used it my face was red too but i thought that was a good thing or something? really hurt like hell when i used the clarifying crap over that. with clinique i have the attitude of the more it hurts the better it works. crazy.

I used to use this liquid soap a couple years ago and I liked it well enough. It didn't give me any bad or harsh reaction. I must have thick, hardy skin. I've read on Makeup Alley that lots of people say their numbered toners are completely harsh and stripping, moreso than other toners.

I've heard Clinique should only be used if you are in your 20's as the products tend to be too harsh.

What am I gonna use when I hit 30??

^^^If you look at the reviews here Skin Care Product Reviews: Clinique
    and these below:

then you'll notice that quite a few rated Clinique as having "Adverse Affects" and that the products are a bit too harsh. Their soap contains tallow, lye and all lotions contain alcohol. These are all strong ingredients and so it's not surprising that a lot of people tested had similar results to yours.

I think skin care is a personal choice and depends on your skin type. This site should help:

Skin Care Product Reviews by Real People

omg my mom got me some expensive arbonne stuff at a makeup party and it's MINTY AND AWESOME!!!! i've been using it for 3 weeks and it totally cleared up my face without making it red and stingy. i'm converted!

but shit that stuff is expensive as hell. mom's gonna have to foot that bill muahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    What am I gonna use when I hit 30??
    When I turned 30 I switched from Clinique mostly because I got tired of shelling out the bucks for it when I could find comparable elsewhere, but also because it's too much for my skin.

I switched to this:

I like it, it likes my skin, we're both happy. Not sure if it's available in the UK, though, but it's a drugstore product in the U.S. and priced around $4-5.

Thanks for that Wiseguy and Laurent, we do have clean and clear, I recognise it

i've used noxzema since i was 14 and i'm 29 now. i love it. its soothing, refreshing and medicated. great on sunburn too.
    I'm not loafing, I just work so fast I'm always finished.

Honey - if you do like LUSH products, here's what I use on my face. Have used their stuff for years. I use the Almond & Coconut Smoothie shower smoothie on my face - it takes all the makeup off, including eye makeup, and it doesn't dry my face out. And you only need a little, so it lasts a long time.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I've used everything from Clinique to Mary Kay to products sold at Walmart, and the best thing I've found so far is the St. Ives brand. It's so inexpensive, yet it works wonders!
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information