Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Products that REALLY work with improving complexion

A*O

The blood tests are to check on triglyceride levels to make sure your liver/kidney function is OK but any such problems are extremely unlikely. Look, if this stuff was that dangerous it wouldn't be on the market. The biggest risk is birth defects (but only while you are taking it) so if you plan on getting preggo you'll have to wait. But it IS a last resort and you should have exhausted all other options beforehand. My advice, go and see a dermatologist.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I cannot say enough good things about Retin-A (tretinoin). I use the 0.1% gel. I'm 34, and battled hormonal acne for years. A few years ago, I tried the Retin-A out of desperation and cannot believe the turnaround in my skin. It is flawless - smooth, taut, no visible pores, and just all around wonderful. It is the skin I have always wished to have, and better yet, I no longer need a ton of makeup to cover things, maybe just a light dusting of powder to cover up shiny spots and even then only on some days. I am often mistaken for someone 10 years younger. Yesterday, I was asked what foundation I wear because my skin looked so flawless. I was wearing nothing but eyeshadow and mascara!

I have nothing but raves for this stuff. It has genuinely changed my life and my self-confidence has soared. Best of all, it's inexpensive if your insurance covers it. If you don't have insurance that will pay for it, you can order it very cheaply from overseas also (I've used both and they work equally as well).

Seriously, it's so worth trying. There's an initial period of redness, drying and sometimes increased breakouts... but get past those couple of weeks, and the new skin you see is gorgeous.
    Lead me not into temptation... I can find it on my own!

Quote Originally Posted by jenni View Post
    I cannot say enough good things about Retin-A (tretinoin). I use the 0.1% gel. I'm 34, and battled hormonal acne for years. A few years ago, I tried the Retin-A out of desperation and cannot believe the turnaround in my skin. It is flawless - smooth, taut, no visible pores, and just all around wonderful. It is the skin I have always wished to have, and better yet, I no longer need a ton of makeup to cover things, maybe just a light dusting of powder to cover up shiny spots and even then only on some days. I am often mistaken for someone 10 years younger. Yesterday, I was asked what foundation I wear because my skin looked so flawless. I was wearing nothing but eyeshadow and mascara!

I have nothing but raves for this stuff. It has genuinely changed my life and my self-confidence has soared. Best of all, it's inexpensive if your insurance covers it. If you don't have insurance that will pay for it, you can order it very cheaply from overseas also (I've used both and they work equally as well).

Seriously, it's so worth trying. There's an initial period of redness, drying and sometimes increased breakouts... but get past those couple of weeks, and the new skin you see is gorgeous.

I got a prescription for this and my pharmacist told me it would burn my skin, since it's so sensitive.

And I'm in the process of getting Accutane but there's some problems. I went to the derm in November and did all the paperwork but I told her I'd try an antibiotic before I used the Accutane. Now it's January and I called back to okay the Accutane and the receptionist told me I have to come back for a visit, which I think is ridiculous because I have to wait around a month for everything to go through anyway and my derm visits are expensive as hell.

A*O

Hey Jenni - If that's you in your avatar I can see why you are so thrilled!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I am often mistaken for someone 10 years younger.
    So jenni - if your picture is your avatar and you're mistaken for someone 10 years younger, I can only assume people are thinking you're about 50.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information