Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Popular Perfumes That You Hate

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    . The last one is Clinique Aromatics Elixir. I lived in a building in Miami Beach that I would swear used that as air freshener. All the older gals loved it.
    I actually love Aromatics Elixir but a little goes a long way. I only use the lotion. It lasts for so long and it has vetiver in it, which I love.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

A*O

I read somewhere that Giorgio is a worldwide top seller, up there with #1 Chanel No.5 which to me is a triumph of advertising over the actual stinky product.

I just tried the new Gucci "Bamboo" and, surprise, it smells like fly spray on me. Now I have to go and wash it off.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Bronze Member

Tom Ford's Black Orchid

There is some scents I recognize, but don't know the name. If I'm out in public, my nose turns up at certain scents. My list is a little bit longer. I only know the names from a few.

For women:

Obsession is bad. Do people wear that anymore? I remember how it smelled, but have not smelled it for many years.

Angel. Headache.

Guess. Headache. I think people only wear it because of the brand. I cannot understand how anyone likes it.

Anais Anais.

For men:
    I cannot stand the smell of Old Spice. I instantly hold my breath when I smell it.

Boss In Motion isn't no nice, but I can tolerate it. I bought it for my husband, because he had an old empty bottle. It makes my stomach rumble.

#1 hated of all time is Patchouli.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Patchouli reminds me of body odor because so many people who wear it use it to cover up B.O. or other stinky unwashed hippie smells. Take a shower dammit.
    Bluebonnet, A*O, Kittylady and 1 others like this.

Charlie. I don't even know if they still make it. My aunt used to wear it a long time ago and the whole room reeked of it for hours.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

My mother used to bath in Aromatics Elixir using the claim that she was allergic to all other perfumes. It made absolutely no sense to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm one of those freaks that loves Angel. I think people put on too much; my method is either the walk through right after a shower so it has time to settle or even whipping a hand towel through the scented air and then finish drying off with that. I think it keeps the scent super subtle and gives it time to settle in and become what it is for each individual person. Oh many Angel is so overpowering. Last year I ordered a set of mini bottles, my dumbass just had to open one to smell it and I spilled that shit all over my hands. I had to open all the windows, I thought I was going to be sick. Almost cancelled my son's music lesson.

I freaking love Issey Miyake but I find that on some people it smells like a fucking corpse flower.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

A*O

A friend wears Angel and it actually smells good on her. I made the mistake of thinking it would smell good on me too. Wrong!

Anais Anais is sweet and cloying on me and reminds me of the Asshole Boyfriend who liked it and so I wore it for him. Duh.

The only Issey Mayake perfume I liked was The Scent. Now discontinued, natch.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Patchouli reminds me of body odor because so many people who wear it use it to cover up B.O. or other stinky unwashed hippie smells. Take a shower dammit.
    The smell of it always reminds me of dirty wet dogs. A horrible, musty, earthy smell.

As for perfumes smelling different on different people, my mum's friend used to smell gorgeous in Chanel No.5, so much so that my mum asked for some from my stepdad for Christmas. It was soon passed on to someone else as it smelt like cat pee on her. We've both also (sparingly!) used Opium in the past and on her it smells sweeter and on me it smell spicier.

And it cannot be repeated enough - Anais Anais is the devil of all perfumes, with CKOne as a close minion.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I hate all perfumes. Strong perfume = migraine for me. I once was a total bitch to a girl at an airport. She tried to spray my boyfriend with perfume and I pulled him back and told her not to even think about it. She must have thought I was nuts but there is no way I would have survived 8 hrs in an airplane next to him if I had let her spray him.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

^She should have sprayed it on a paper, waved it, then gave it to him.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Ha, some perfume selling BITCH tried to spray me with some sweet, heavy stuff recently. I did run. For decades, I use "Sun" from Jil Sander. That's my thing.
    The worst is "Angel" and I once smelled "White Diamonds" by Elizabeth Taylor and nearly fainted. An assault to my sense of smell.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information