Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Popular Perfumes That You Hate

A*O

Ugh, I worked with a ditz who drenched herself in that Clinique Aromatics shit. It was a big open plan office and the whole place stank. Used in moderation it's OK although I wouldn't wear it - too musky/spicy - but people who wear these very strong perfumes always seem to overdo it.

The only person I know who wears Angel really works it, it's lovely on her.
    Last edited by A*O; July 30th, 2015 at 06:19 PM.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

All perfume seems to smell like shit on me. I used Acqua di Gio for years from the time it came on the market, but they discontinued it a few years ago. I haven't found anything to replace it.

I hate Angel - way too cloying. A coworker of mine used to wear Shi by Alfred Sung and it smelled so good on her. I bought it - barfarama on me

I like D&G Light Blue too but anything Calvin Klein smells rancid to me.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Angel everything..hate the stuff.Some D&G too do not agree with me.I wore Opium and Poison,both in moderation and only in winter time.They did smell good on me.I was smoking like crazy then and i needed the stronger smell.But my trade mark perfume that i wear for years and it is me,is Poeme by Lancome.My favorite ever..For summer i usually wear mens cologne,the latest Gaultier,s Monsieur eau de matin,light and fresh and bitter.My girls love Gaultier and they collect his stuff so i steal some from them..

I got Pome when I was 15 . Bought it back last year.

I hate Angel and the new Dior fragrances... everybody I know seems to love that shit.

My go-to perfumes right now are by Hermes.
    effie2 likes this.

A*O

I've been trying the Hermes "Jardin" series but, alas, no luck. They are all too cloying. Damn it's hard finding a perfume that works. I still mourn the demise of Masumi by Coty. That was probably my all time fave but was discontinued years ago. You can still get crusty old half used bottles on eBay but I'm not that desperate. It's probably gone stale anyway. I bought my old time fave Madame Rochas recently but either they've reformulated it (I wish they wouldn't) or my skin and/or sense of smell has changed because it doesn't smell anything like as good now.
    Dame Edna Everage

Miss Dior was my scent for years but it's now a shadow of it's former self since the buggery bollocking EU regulations meant that Oakmoss was hit with the banning stick. Bastards.

My most hated have already been mentioned - Angel and Aromatics. Funnily enough I have a friend who's partial to both of these poisons but she at least has the decency to switch to something else if we're meeting up, suspect she got sick of my coughing and gagging performances.

Adore Tom Ford Neroli Portofino for the summer, hate the price.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

When I was in my late teens/early 20s, my husband bought me Calvin Klien Eternity for women. I worked in a bank part-time while going to business school full-time. I wore it to work the day after he bought it (just one spritz) and I loved the smell. I came back from my break, only to hear my head teller telling about a line of 7-8 customers (ones that I waited on too) that she couldn't STAND my new perfume and I smelled like cat piss (she used the word piss to financial customers!), and she was going to puke. As soon as she realized I was standing behind her with my mouth agape, she got red faced and STFU in a hurry. I was mortified ... why not take me aside and tell me something like that? I never wore the scent again, even though many people that night at a family party said that I smelled wonderful (it was right after work, so it wasn't like I could go home and shower).

I mainly stick with floral or fruity smells. They smell the best on me, even to my own nose. I have to be careful because I have many weird allergies that are triggered by regular notes in a scent, like the smell of red cedar and cut grass, both of which make my face melt off from being so allergic to them (does anyone else have that problem?). I even sometimes used to wear my husband's stuff because they reminded me of him. Right now, I'm stuck on Burberry Brit Sheer, which I don't even think has any fruits or floral notes, it's just a sheer, clean scent that isn't too overpowering. If something has a top note of pear (which is my absolute favorite smell) I sometimes buy it online at Sephora without even smelling it. I've never bought one that I didn't love -- yet. Especially Escada is another favorite, has some pear notes in it. I also like Armani's Si.

It's funny ... I have like 8,000 points in my Sephora bank and I only ever really use them when I'm ordering online because they have a MUCH bigger selection of samples than any of the stores. All of the problem scents (with the awful, IMO, Elizabeth and James Black and sometimes White scents) listed above are the ones they push the most.

A*O

I can't stand anything with rose in it, also musk. Another thing the perfume people do is get a perfectly good and popular scent and making a sweet/musty "poudre" version of, thereby totally fucking it up. They did it to my beloved Chanel No.19 and its foul. Luckily the original version is still available too. If they ever discontinue that I'm screwed.
    Dame Edna Everage

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

CK One makes me sneeze like a bastard and then I get a headache but my all time most hated perfume is Anais Anais. It not only triggers headaches, the smell of it make me physically ill.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

A*O

My asshole ex liked Anais Anais and so like a sad, desperate fool I wore it. Bad memories with that one and I don't even like it!
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb View Post
    All perfume seems to smell like shit on me. I used Acqua di Gio for years from the time it came on the market, but they discontinued it a few years ago. I haven't found anything to replace it.

I hate Angel - way too cloying. A coworker of mine used to wear Shi by Alfred Sung and it smelled so good on her. I bought it - barfarama on me
    I used to wear Shi all the time because I think it smelled great on me and passersby would tell me so. I kept on wearing it until one time I put on more than I usually do and it made me retch. I thought it was a one time thing, but no. Even a hint of Shi would always make me gag. Sad to say, I stopped using it. Still, it's a great scent.
    Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I can't stand anything with rose in it, also musk. Another thing the perfume people do is get a perfectly good and popular scent and making a sweet/musty "poudre" version of, thereby totally fucking it up. They did it to my beloved Chanel No.19 and its foul. Luckily the original version is still available too. If they ever discontinue that I'm screwed.
    My go-to Christmas gift for my mother was an Estee Lauder special edition box filled with their "Beautiful" stuff in all kinds of forms --- the perfume itself (which I hate), powder, hand lotion and body wash. After several years she asked me to just buy a bigger bottle of the perfume only because she had a drawer filled with unused "Beautiful" stuff because none of it smelled even remotely like the perfume. Or is your "poudre" something totally different?

Rose usually bothers me too, and it seems like it's the most popular scent in perfume AND makeup/skincare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    CK One makes me sneeze like a bastard and then I get a headache but my all time most hated perfume is Anais Anais. It not only triggers headaches, the smell of it make me physically ill.
    My asshole ex liked Anais Anais and so like a sad, desperate fool I wore it. Bad memories with that one and I don't even like it!
    I remember that cheap ass perfume. You were nobody in intermediate school if you didn't wear it. Ugh.

omg i love that one, but i hate that they charge so much for it. The bottle is pretty.

i despise Obsession
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I wouldn't even wear it if Johnny Depp and Alexander Skarsgard both fell down on bended knees and promised to pleasure me beyond my wildest dreams. I feel queasy even thinking about it.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Girgio Beverly HIlls.

Uggggh! I'm getting a flashback migraine just remembering that smell!!

heart_leigh likes this.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information