Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permanent makeup

No, it seems fine. She just had a fine line put on her lower lid that runs right in between the lashes. She always wears mascara, and it just looked like how I see everyone wear eyeliner and mascara. Granted, it's a very fine line, and if she is "going out" she puts more eyeliner on, but for day to day she loves it. She said she doesn't have to worry about it smudging or coming off if she cries (she's a crier), so she loves it still.

A coworker I know had black permanent liner done years ago and now it looks blue.

I have had my eyelashes tinted and that looks great but i am fearful to have it done too often because it is like dying your hair and could cause damage.
    Boom, I got your boyfriend, boom I got your man.

That just seems like a bad idea. It really does. Spend the extra 5 minutes putting makeup on because as you age, your look has to change. If you get permanent junk you'll look like an 80 year old whore.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bronze Member

Thank you for all that feedback!!!

I would like to clarify something and ask again and get a bit more feedback. Especially from the girl whose sister had little, just a fine eyeliner put...?

See, even though the term used by most places who work on dermopigmentation is "permanent makeup", I am actually referring to *semi* permanent makeup. As far as I know (and I must ask! that's one of the things I want to be sure of first) it's more like "dyeing" an area, not tattoing it, which is what permament makeup is about (and what scares me).
    No, I don't dare to try anything permanent.

The one thing I want to clarify is that it is not "makeup" what I look for neither. I simplified my question and think I ended up not being clear about what I am really talking about.

See, what I need is to have some pigment added in a few areas of my face, but *not* look made up.

I am extremely pale but not blond, which makes me look basically like Morticia without makeup.
    Actually, Morticia looks better.

No kidding, my lips have no pigment whatsoever. They have no color. I often joke about my lips not even having blood vessels underneath! Anyway, believe it or not, my lips are as pale, sometimes (Summer) MORE pale than my face. It makes me look awfully sick, even if I am feeling wonderful and healthy and energetic as a bull.
    Lipstick is not something that stays on all the time, that I can carry anywhere (nor like to), but if I don't have any on, people people ask me all the time, when without it, if I am about to faint . I am sick, yes, sick of "calming down" people around me. And honestly would like to see MYSELF looking healthier than what I look like (even if I am healthy, that does not show in my face).

Besides, I am naturally very thin and most people assume it is yet another proof that I am sick or something.

My eyelashes are rather light and I have big eyes, which does not help in the least, because the whole effect is the "zombie" look!: pale, white all over, no lips (from afar you'd think I have a lipstick color on that means to hide my lips!) and big eyes with clear eyelashes. Think of a porcelain doll whose lips pigment had vanished and without eyelashes. A bit freaky, right?
    It makes me look sickly and I hate having to worry about mascara and makeup all the time only to not be stared at, looking made up is not even a thing I want. I just do not want to look like a corpse .

My intentions are to use non permanent lash dye, and what I am interested in is in getting not an "eyeliner" look but what I read somewhere and saw pics of on the Net (but don't know if the person I am going to see offers), which is a micro dyeing in your same or oh so slightly darker -light brown in my case- eyelash color in the very base of the eyelashes, as in painting an eyeliner with mini dots along the upper eyelash, creating a line that is does not extend beyond the natural lash line nor "up" to the eyelid in any way. It is a line made of mino dots to give the illusion of having more, darker, coarser eyelashes (but still apparently "yours").

As for my lips, I want that because it's the main concern in terms of what makes me look sickly all the time.
    And trust me, I do not like the make up look. I actually want it to *not need to use makeup* and *not* look made up... but neither sort of dead.

I would like to get a lip color that would be as if my lips had more of their natural pigment, so that people *see* that I have lips, not see a "lipstick" color. I actually want a color so natural that I would HAVE to put on lipstick to look made up. I just do want to have some pigment in my lips for when I am not wearing lipstick but want to look with "normal" lips.

I read above about the need of dark dyes for the lips...that's a bummer... anyone knows if anyone can get a rosey-natural look in one's lips?
    Evenif it it vanished kind of soon, I would not mind. I'd rather have it done many times but look like I have non sick-looking but un made up lips, than look UNlipped, so to speak, or "made up". I would hate to have a color that would make me wake up looking made up. I just want to look healthier.

Do youunderstand what I need? Anyone knows if that is possible?
    My appointment with the person who performs it is only next week.
    I'v seen pics online and found about three where the lip color was really natural (as if the preson had naturally pigmented lips) but I admit that most looked made up. Not my cup of tea. I don't want to looik like having eyeliner, only that I am not eyelash-less. I need to compensate for the curious fact that I have no pigment in my lips, too clear eyelashes for my natural coloring... but naturally dark brown eyebrows! the whole "natural" look in me does NOT look natural and what I want is to look "normal" when not made up.

Feedback?
    Last edited by Mysteryagain2; February 7th, 2007 at 11:24 AM.

Well, my sister had very "permanent" makeup for her eyeliner. It was tattooed on, and it doesn't appear to be going anywhere soon. She was only about 19 or 20 at the time, and I very much doubt she thought about what it would look like when she's 60.

This was done in the very early days of tattooing makeup on. My friend was doing her esthetician schooling and my sister was her model for her final exam on tattooing makeup. It was not done with an electric tattoo needle, it was done with what basically looks like a paintbrush, only instead of bristles, there are needles. You stick the "paintbrush" in the tattoo ink, then poke the skin a few times, wipe away the ink, dip the paintbrush, and repeat. This goes much deeper than a regular tattoo needle, and the ink (we were told at the time) had much more pigment in it. It hasn't faded in the slightest so far. Still just a fine black line.

My boyfriend's aunt had that semi-permanent stuff done on her eyebrows. She said it lasted about five years, and now she needs to do it again. Five years isn't bad, but let me tell you, those eyebrows look pretty funky! She had absolutely no eyebrows, and got this done, so it's quite a severe look.

I'd research the semi-permanent makeup carefully, and find out how long it is expected to last, and if they can use a lighter hand. Then, if it isn't what you expected, it won't last as long.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

^^ Where did your sister and aunt get their procedure done? if you don't mind me asking. Is it expensive? I saw an esthetics place in Richmond (Parker Place) with a permanent makeup poster on the wall but I didn't have the courage to go in and ask about it

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Bronze Member

Great, great information and I will keep all the issues you brought up in my mind (and in my notes!) for the day I have an interview with the practitioner.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this.
    On a sidenote... I find "painted on" eyebrows quite odd looking. I have still to see online pics of "permanent makeup" for eyebrows that does not look fake. I have seen only one site that apparently did a great job, but then again it was about filling in asymetrical eyebrows, not really "creating" a whole new one. That one thing I would not do... eyebrows. Thank God I don't need it, because I think that not only the look is not natural generally, but also that eyebrows are of the things about which there are "trends" that change over the years.
    I agree on having something very NON permanent done and trust me, I will run away if I find out that the procedure means that in 30 years from now I will still have the dye... even if it looks good, I still don't know "where everything in my face will be" with gravity and all in 60 years!!!

Elite Member

So the eyeliner would just be a darker brown between the lashes to make them appear fuller?

The only thing with that is to make sure to get a color that when it is fading will get gradually lighter instead of a black that will go blue for a while.

Bronze Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat View Post
    So the eyeliner would just be a darker brown between the lashes to make them appear fuller?

The only thing with that is to make sure to get a color that when it is fading will get gradually lighter instead of a black that will go blue for a while.
    Exactly, that's it. Darker brown between lashes as in a very fine line made of tiny tiny dots only to make them look fuller. I will make sure to ask if dark brown turns out blue after a while (or turns some other non natural color!) and whether or not the color fades gradually or what.

You have no idea of how much you've helped me, you all rock!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information