Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pale vs tan

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Well there is a lot of benefits you get from just being in the sun for a little while. Vitamin K. The sun helps the body absorb other nutrients better as well. I belive calcuim and vitamin D. And just the light itself can help thwart depression.
    It's just Vitamin D that you get from the sun, but Vitamin D does help you absorb Ca from the gut into the bloodstream.

Re: Conan's Pale Force
    When I first saw that cartoon thing of his I absolutely couldn't stop laughing!

The guy who does the skits with him is Jim Gaffigan. They have "Pale Power" and use their paleness to fight crime. They have a "Legion of Pale", a "Shade Cave" and I think there was something about eating Wonder Bread? Seriously, I don't know how they come up with skits because they are off the wall.

Elite Member

provence your avatar is really cute, i love dogs

My father in law had cancer years ago and went into remission and since he started tanning (he opened a salon for a family member), ever since he has been tanning he has been able to stop his shots competely. He was having to take several shots each month just to keep him going, his blood levels were always out of wack and even though the two may not be related it is weird.

Thanks, xoxo. I love dogs too! I love your seal and polar bears. Animals are the best!

greeneyedbeauty-That tanning connection is weird! Sorry to read about you father-in-law but I'm happy he's doing better now.

I have olive skin, but i'm pale right now, i don't go outside that often and when I do, I wear a ton of sunblock.

I am pale and when I do tan, I just get a little glow if you can even call it that. All the fake tan stuff makes me turn orange and I just turn out even worse. I think that naturally pale people are fine and look good. But I do think a golden tan looks good too, and I would love to have it!

Elite Member

I hit the tanning beds quite regularly, I'm afraid. Where I live, we don't have a lot of opportunities to bake in the sun. I know the beds aren't the safest alternative, but admit I go as much for the relaxation time as I do for the tan.
    Last edited by Elisa; March 25th, 2007 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDoll2025 View Post
    I have olive skin, but i'm pale right now, i don't go outside that often and when I do, I wear a ton of sunblock.
    me too. I can tan because of my olive skin but i dont go outside long enough to do it. And i'm not someone who enjoys just lying in the boiling hot sun all day. In the past i've done so, and slathered myself in baby oil- that stuff burns, but makes you brown if you can go brown, thats for sure!

Here where I live I have to be doing something outside. I can't just lie there and bake. It's very humid here in addition to the heat and it just saps you of all energy. On the beach in Miami is another story. In general I don't feel the heat the same way there even when it's just as hot. I credit the sea breeze. Very relaxing.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

My skin is light, but I tan very easily. I prefer my skin in the summer, when I'm tanned. It's just too pale in winter.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I am very fair and my skin is very weird--i can be outside for hours sometimes and not get ANY color but other times i can get a burn just from driving in my car to work. My face burns soo easily though and i always wear sunblock. My nose gets so burned even with block that it swells. Even fake tan on my face makes it look dirty. I don't mind being pale but i hate the look of pale legs in shorts and skirts so i used fake tan. I have all the risk factors for skin cancer and i have had soo many blistering sunburns i feel it's just a matter of time before i get cancer. Thankfully i don't have many moles.

it depends on the person really, whatever is natural to you. so if your naturally dark then a tan looks good but if your naturally fair and then you go out and force a tan i usually dont like it as much. just be true to yourself basically and then you should always look your best

I def look better than. I have olive skin, so if im pale i do look sick. I also tan really fast. If Im really pale and lay out an hour a day for 3 days I will look like I spent a year in St Barths. I also feel better too. The sun really isnt as terrible is people make it out to be, sure prolonged exposure is serious and there are bad UV days where its best to stay inside, but on a regular basis Ive heard every day, 20 minutes of direct sun exposure, is actually very healthy for the average person. But I do believe is varies based on your skin type

Elite Member

Actually that little bit of sun we get every day does take its toll--thats why they tell everyone to wear sunscreen year round, every day, even on cloudy days & during winter. But if you have naturally thicker/darker skin you can probably sustain a little more before noticable damage.

Go out and get your sun but always use protection!!! lol
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information