Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pale vs tan

I think everybody looks and feels better with a bit of a tan. I don't tan much any more but I used to. Now I put the fake stuff on -- but I buy the good stuff that doesn't go orange -- and sit in the sun a little. The combination really works. I have light olive skin so I tan easily.

I live in a place where we get a lot of rain, so like most Canadians, I am a sun worshipper. I just always feel better when the sun is shining.

I have dead white skin-just short of ghostly. My Dad had a malonoma. What a big deep incredible scar it left! AND he was damned lucky at that! Tan for me ain't worth it! Once a year we all have to go into dernotologists for a malenoma check. We are talking everywhere, even where the sun don't shine, sugars! With a giant magnifying glass. And that's just being kin! Some of us are just stuck being white! Just think it over.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Once a year we all have to go into dernotologists for a malenoma check. We are talking everywhere, even where the sun don't shine, sugars! With a giant magnifying glass
    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Some of us are just stuck being white! Just think it over.
    omg...i see what you are sayinng mcjag..

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I think everybody looks and feels better with a bit of a tan.
    I agree about feeling better but not necessarily looking better. I got a bit of a tan whilst in America and just looked a bit grubby. A lot of other people do too. You've got to be lucky to tan nicely.

I have somewhat of a "natural tan", my Mother, who is White, would never show her legs in public. She would always laugh, and say, "Nobody wants to see these legs, they are the color of frozen turkeys". She is elderly now, and has few skin problems. She burned so fast as a child that she learned to protect herself from the sun. My Dad, who is Black, always spent a lot of time in the sun, sometimes he would burn, but not anywhere near so fast as my Mom. Before he died, he did have some skin problems.
    I feel better with a little bit of suntan. I just look better in the mirror to myself, don't know why... and I do not show my bare legs in public, ever. And haven't since I can remember. Interesting
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

My skin is porcelain white...and it's irritating because I've always wanted to be able to tan! Oh well, can't have everything.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Elite Member

"Nobody wants to see these legs, they are the color of frozen turkeys"
    An apt description for my legs as well .
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

I feel better with a tan, and look better. I'm pasty white, not porcelain. I get acne too still and I'm almost 40. When I'm in the sun my face clears up. I'm lucky for the most part, I'll burn the first time out, then tan after that. My husband is mediterranean so my daughter has that phenomenal olive skin. However, I was having some bad medical problems the last several months and had severe depression as well from the illness. My daughter did a commerical for a pool/spa place and they also carry tanning beds. My husband went there and since my daughter had worked for them, they gave my husband a really good deal on a salon quality bed. He surprised me at Christmastime with it. It's AWESOME. It's so relaxing. I live north of Chicago and I'm nice & tan right now. My docs also told me that the tanning beds can help with the seasonal affective disorder where you are depressed in the winter.

Proud member of Conan O'Brien's PALE FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I blind people with my paleness because the white glare is so overwhelming. I always stand out in photos because I seriously look like a ghost. Five minutes in the sun and I'm crispy. Not a good look. PALE FORCE UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have porcelain pale skin, too and I wear sunscreen whenever I step out of the house. I love my skin tone though and I never feel like getting a tan (also because I burn easily). I just feel it suits me better.

I'm fairly pale, but I do tan up a bit with a bit of sun exposure. I like to keep my face out of the sun, so I'll slap a bit of bronzer on.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by provence View Post
    Proud member of Conan O'Brien's PALE FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I blind people with my paleness because the white glare is so overwhelming. I always stand out in photos because I seriously look like a ghost. Five minutes in the sun and I'm crispy. Not a good look. PALE FORCE UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Coney has a "pale force"? Awww I love him!
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

Elite Member

i'm the opposite of you completely but this post is making me laugh

Well, I know I look better tan. I have olive skin, so pale on me just looks sickly. I've avoided sun tanning as such in the last few years and always use sun protection, though I do usually tan just by hanging out at the beach/swimming, or even walking around town in the months between...well, March and November, really.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Hahaha LMAO.. yea, that's too funny.. he and that friend (actor) friend of his ( I can't remember his name) have "cartoon" kind of thing, they are superheros and their weapon is paleness.. its soooooooo funny.. i love him!
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information