Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: No-poo or going without shampooing?

^^I checked out the ingredients. Methylparaben smack in the middle of the ingredient list. I usually see the parabens at the end of skincare/haircare ingredients so there's more of it in the L'oreal shampoo.

Just splurge on the Burt's Bees or preferably Desert Essence. The L'oreal stuff is only US$2 less. Both are available in Canada although you'll, of course, pay a premium. But....because your hair stays cleaner for longer without the sulfates, the natural shampoo lasts forever. My last bottle of Burt's Bees lasted 6 months with the 1-2x per week (shampoo) wash schedule. You're worth it Grimm.

How does Burt's bees do with dandruff? I got me some dry scalp dandruff going on, so i use head and shoulders.. if i try to use non head and shoulders, i be peeling off swatches of dead skin within a week.

Yeah, i got problems.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Sulfates can cause/exacerbate dandruff - so I've read. Try a more natural shampoo and see what happens. You'll be no worse off.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    How does Burt's bees do with dandruff? I got me some dry scalp dandruff going on, so i use head and shoulders.. if i try to use non head and shoulders, i be peeling off swatches of dead skin within a week.

Yeah, i got problems.
    my brother had the same problem. the dermatologist (swiss, so he was the type to suggest more natural remedies before turning to the harder stuff) suggested he massage his scalp with olive oil and then leave it in for at least a few hours. my brother would put on a shower cap and then lay a towel on his pillow and leave it in all night. sounds gross but my brother says it worked wonders for him. do that once or twice a week for a month or two and see how that goes. and also use a natural shampoo for washing.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I do the olive oil for my sons scalp, it gets dry and this is also made worse from swimming. I just comb it through his hair and massage it in once a week before his bath.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Does no poo work if you use a pomade or even coconut oil or olive oil to style your hair?

My hair is very thick and naturally curly and the texture of my hair only really jives with oil.

Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post
    Does no poo work if you use a pomade or even coconut oil or olive oil to style your hair?

My hair is very thick and naturally curly and the texture of my hair only really jives with oil.
    I have very curly hair too. Would love to know how/when you use the olive and coconut oil.
    Posted from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post

I would think it worth a shot. If you are using natural products on your hair that can be removed with warm water only - then I don't know why it wouldn't work. That being said, the only good way to know is to try it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information