Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: No. More. Tattoos. Pleeeze

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post

Now THAT would be a fearsome tattoo.....

I'm sorry your Mom slapped you in the face .....that's what butts are for......most of the time I've been slapped....I've deserved it....
    That would be fierce!!!

I am not against all tattoos, I am against large tattoos (unless you are a rock star) and I am against women getting tattoos on their chests or breasts-ever ever attractive.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I've been inspired by this thread, I think I'll go get myself a tacky tattoo, maybe a tramp stamp, just out of spite

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Except I'd spell classy with a K...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

A*O

[peeks around door] I have a couple of tats on my left ankle - both very small and discrete - of Chinese characters (yes I know, cliche) meaning "health/happiness" but my husband says means "midlife/crisis". I love them and people have complimented me on them so I guess they don't cause too much offence. While I appreciate the skill and artistry of larger tats (think Miami Ink) I think they only look good on bad boy bikies.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Bronze Member

Woah, you can see the culture differences even in tattoos. This is the first time I've heard a lower back tattoo to be called a tramp stamp, and once I googled it, I noticed in America this is highly common. I knew a lower back tattoo is considered to be more sexual than other tattoos and yes, alot of girls take them to be "hot", but I didn't know people are actually automatically labeled as tramps. :O

I have a tattoo on my lower back, tho it is positioned more on the upper part of it to keep it more invisible. It looks a bit like a tribal tattoo with a heart but it is infact formed out of two small note clefs and two small bass clefs. I chose to put it on the lower back because I think it looks good on a female without giving the sort of a "dirty, unhygienic effect" as some tattoos can give (of course the tattoo itself has to be nice, tasteful and small.) It is also a place where weight fluctuations or pregnancy won't have a huge impact on the tattoo. The most important thing for me was that the place is easy to keep covered 24/7, since I took it mostly for my own eyes. I wanted it to be a reminder for my old days, about what played a huge part in my life and how I should keep it in my life. (And yes, because I've always had a thing for meaningful tattoos).

Anyways, my point is that I find it very unfortunate that if I ever step on the beaches of USA, I'll be automatically labeled as a tramp. I don't sleep around, I definately don't wear slutty or trashy clothes and I don't in anyway behave slutty or seek attention. I also am not an airhead with an IQ of 80 but am hoping in the future to be a doctor, possibly a surgeon (which is also why I wanted to get my tattoo on a place that's hidden under clothes). Don't judge a book by it's covers.

And yes, my post got a bit serious and out of topic ;p

OCD

Quote Originally Posted by coolios5o View Post
    Woah, you can see the culture differences even in tattoos. This is the first time I've heard a lower back tattoo to be called a tramp stamp, and once I googled it, I noticed in America this is highly common. I knew a lower back tattoo is considered to be more sexual than other tattoos and yes, alot of girls take them to be "hot", but I didn't know people are actually automatically labeled as tramps. :O

I have a tattoo on my lower back, tho it is positioned more on the upper part of it to keep it more invisible. It looks a bit like a tribal tattoo with a heart but it is infact formed out of two small note clefs and two small bass clefs. I chose to put it on the lower back because I think it looks good on a female without giving the sort of a "dirty, unhygienic effect" as some tattoos can give (of course the tattoo itself has to be nice, tasteful and small.) It is also a place where weight fluctuations or pregnancy won't have a huge impact on the tattoo. The most important thing for me was that the place is easy to keep covered 24/7, since I took it mostly for my own eyes. I wanted it to be a reminder for my old days, about what played a huge part in my life and how I should keep it in my life. (And yes, because I've always had a thing for meaningful tattoos).

Anyways, my point is that I find it very unfortunate that if I ever step on the beaches of USA, I'll be automatically labeled as a tramp. I don't sleep around, I definately don't wear slutty or trashy clothes and I don't in anyway behave slutty or seek attention. I also am not an airhead with an IQ of 80 but am hoping in the future to be a doctor, possibly a surgeon (which is also why I wanted to get my tattoo on a place that's hidden under clothes). Don't judge a book by it's covers.

Nah I really wouldn't take the label that seriously. Seeing a tattoo on someone in a bikini is a might bit different than someone getting a tattoo on their lower back so they can purposely strut around in tacky belly shirts looking "hot".

I remember sitting in a hair salon waiting my turn and a man came in to wait for a haircut as well. Before he entered the salon the slightly plump sweater wearing low rise pant front counter girl hadn't moved one muscle aside from turning the pages of her people magazine, she'd even looked at me dismissively when I entered the salon without evening taking my name or assisting me- typical shallow uber bitch anyways...

As soon as the middle aged not very hot dude entered the salon she was all kinds of busy, stocking shampoos on the mirrored shelves directly in front of the chairs dude and I were sitting in, and for some reason the lower shelves needed LOTS of products placed on them.

So for a good 20 minutes I watched her stand with her back to us, do a deep bend exposing her whole entire low back and ass crack and then stand back up, sort of like suddenly being modest, putting her sweater back down over her hurdle and then doing it all over again, each time getting a little more brazen, adding new manuevers like a deep arch to her back and a hair flip....

Well chick had one rad tramp stamp, and the moral of my story is this- I don't think tramp stamps are so much placement as the accompanying attitudes they seem to always cop.

Sluttiness for instance, and most girls get tattoos in places to show them off, in a regular day your mid back should have a shirt on it, but some see it different.

I'm sure your tattoo is nice, and I'd not worry about the tramp label.

Quote Originally Posted by coolios5o View Post

No no, unless it looks like the generic cheesy tribal garbage you pick off a wall that EVERY chick has, it isn't a tramp stamp.

exhibit A:

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I think I'm going to OE text that says "generic flash"

A*O

BTW Grimm - whatever happened to the tat you were going to have engraved on your arm?
    Dame Edna Everage

What do you think of these?

Something for a man to read while he's rogering her from behind I guess

Hate this

Someone on here, I forget who, has a paw print tattoo on their ankle (?)/leg, it is so cute! I love it.

I agree that Pink's, Jolie's and Winehouse's are ugly but some can look okay.

A*O

I wonder what would have happened if that woman had a verse from the Koran tattoo'd on her ass. Just asking.
    Dame Edna Everage

that bible verse is a whole lot of tattoo. Again, Tacky. I actually like it when a person has a meaningful word tattooed in a nice script or font (so long as its not too large) but a passage that takes up half of your back? I'm sorry, but its ugly- so is the picture of the tramp stamp. Its not even a nice tattoo.

My friend had a really pretty lotus flower on her lower back (black ink only, with shading) and her tattoo doesn't bother me because it is pretty and has dimension.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information