Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: No. More. Tattoos. Pleeeze

I would expect one to eventually get sick of seeing the tattoo forever...
    Ah yes, but everything else on our bodies is forever too! We may gain or lose weight, tan, dye or hair and of course age, but basically, we're going to be looking at the same bodies and faces for a long time. Some people have birth marks or moles their entire lives, some have scars, some have disfigurements. Is a tattoo so different? I can see getting tired of it if you were completely covered in them and could never adopt a different look, but why would having one or two small decorations on your body for decades be such a horrible thing? Sure, they're always going to be there, same-old, same-old... just like nearly everything else on our bodies! Do we get tired of seeing the same feet all the time? The same belly button? And if we do, is it really such a big deal?

Just debating here though. Ultimately, I agree with this:

Some people just think tats are ugly and that's fine. It is a perfectly legitimate opinion. I just think people were offended by the tone of the op.
    Indeed!
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I'm on the fence. I am proud of my 'uniqueness' of not having one at my age, and i think the vast majority of tats that i see are pretty gross. That being said, i haven't ruled out getting some of my own one day. They would be personal though--i would get a maple leaf, to represent my country; a sheaf of wheat to represent the Prairies where i am from; and something Celtic to represent my Irish ancestry.
    I am pretty sure i wouldn't regret any tattoos that have that kind of meaning. However, i am a committment phobe, so i will definitely wait .
    Last edited by t13nif; January 10th, 2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: dumb typo

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    Ah yes, but everything else on our bodies is forever too! We may gain or lose weight, tan, dye or hair and of course age, but basically, we're going to be looking at the same bodies and faces for a long time. Some people have birth marks or moles their entire lives, some have scars, some have disfigurements. Is a tattoo so different? I can see getting tired of it if you were completely covered in them and could never adopt a different look, but why would having one or two small decorations on your body for decades be such a horrible thing? Sure, they're always going to be there, same-old, same-old... just like nearly everything else on our bodies! Do we get tired of seeing the same feet all the time? The same belly button? And if we do, is it really such a big deal?
    Some people tattoo the back of their neck or their back and never ever see the tattoo though

But seriously, I can't help thinking that if I ever got a tattoo I would at some point freak out and get some crazy urge to wipe it/scratch it off

Quote Originally Posted by IheartParis View Post
    dear God--try googling "ugly tattoos"

best.tattoo.ever
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

boba fett looks pissed in that tattoo, like he can't stand up straight.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I guess the artist wasn't aware that a cow only has 4 udders?

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    and then leaves a big old scar true?
    With today's medicine and treatments scars aren't really that bad, if you have one at all.

Tattoos get me in trouble. I'm standing in an elevator and I see an interesting looking tattoo on the arm of the 400 lb. guy beside me. I lean over to check it out and it is full of colors and intricate designs, so I'm looking at the pictures when I glance up and see the fellow glaring at me and looking ominous....."You gotta problem, bud?", he asks. Now, the man got the tattoo to be noticed, I assume....so why is he all pissed off that I'm looking at his arm!?!?!.....not like I was grabbing his ass or anything....

Then I see an attractive woman in a bar, as she turns away, I see that she has on a bra-top-thingie and a slit skirt. The three areas of flesh that I can see have flames tattooed down the sides. As I get closer, it looks like she has flames starting about her armpit and going down and ending about her knee.....I claim too much alcohol, but all I could think of is why a lovely woman would want to look like a '57 Chevy?

I have no tats, my two older brothers got them in the service, which is when most guys got theirs (back in my younger years). The only places there used to be tattoo parlors were around military bases.... The minute they can make tattooes without needles or pain....I'm getting me some.....

Tattoos are like books that you never get to finish...I always wonder what's the story behind them.......

a 57 Chevy. You are too cute, Cynic. I love your humor.

^^Thank you! I did not share that observation with the lady....I figured that if I did, I would be sporting marks on my face of a different kind.....

Always looks funnier than it feels.....

I will always think of 57 Chevy when I see flames from now on. I HATE flames on anything so I like the way you described them.
    Yeah, the 5 fingers to the face is not a good feeling. I remember mom wacking me like that as a child.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I am not a fan of tattoos on women OR men. My boyfriend has some and they are truly repulsive....faded to a dollar bill green. He says he was rebelling at 18, they were a youthful mistake, blah blah.
    We've discussed laser removal but I've seen people who've had that done and it looks like scar tissue. He's better off just leaving the hideous things on and wearing long-sleeved dress shirts. Before I met him I was way too prissy to consider dating a person with tattoos. I thought all tattooed people were drug dealers or criminals (yeah, I grew up sheltered ).
    But love taught me to be less judgmental I guess, lol.
    I have female friends who've marked up their beautiful skin with some not-so-tasteful tattoos and I just don't understand it, but...to each their own.

That said, I have seen some cute, tasteful tattoos. I think Nicole Richie's wings (on her shoulder blades) are adorable.

People who seem to take it to excess -- Kat Von D, Angelina, Amy Winehouse -- lose all attractiveness to me, I'm not going to lie. Same with men who go overboard. It actually gives me a visceral jolt of fear when I see that many tattoos on a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I will always think of 57 Chevy when I see flames from now on. I HATE flames on anything so I like the way you described them.
    Yeah, the 5 fingers to the face is not a good feeling. I remember mom wacking me like that as a child.

Now THAT would be a fearsome tattoo.....

I'm sorry your Mom slapped you in the face .....that's what butts are for......most of the time I've been slapped....I've deserved it....

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information