Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: No. More. Tattoos. Pleeeze

^^ Yeah, I change my mind too much to want something permanent like that. I got my nose pierced when I was 20 and wore that for a few years, but ended up growing out of it. The hole is still there, but is not noticable unless you're looking for it. I'm more of a natural girl these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    My son draws "tattoos" on his hands... and then screams when I wash them off... the desire to cover himself in ink must be genetic.
    My ex has tattoos on the sides of his neck. on the tops of his hands, on the tops of his feet, on his legs, on his chest... it's been a while since I've seen him but who knows whats on his back; anyway they are all hold very significant meaning to him. He's a tattoo artist and owns a few shops so what the hell but some of his best clients are "professionals" who have practically complete bodysuits of tattoos and the artwork is pretty breathtaking.
    I think you're right about it being genetic! My ex was covered in them, and my daughter has always wanted some of her own. She always begs for the pretend kind out of gumball machines-- I let her get them as long as she can cover them up for school.

She has a huge collection of special markers which she calls her "tattoo kit" and loves to ink up anyone who'll let her. I love that she's artistic, but really hope she doesn't end up like that Kat girl one day. She's too pretty for that.

Don't hit me, but I hate them too. On everybody. I think the human body is too beautiful to cover it up with crap. And truly, check out some real oldies, they look ghastly, cause they start running and sagging, the cute little bird becomes a vulture.

No offense to anybody, as you all said, it's your body

Ahem... completely off topic there, but what is OP? Original poster? Thanx
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    Ahem... completely off topic there, but what is OP? Original poster? Thanx
    That's right! Took me a while to get it too, like OT and SO and YOMANK...I'll leave you work them out.

i think people saying "i don't like tattoos" is like me saying "i don't like brown eyes, in fact - I hate people with brown eyes." I don't feel the need to run around casting aspersions on people I don't know. people get bored with hair color and put a permanent color on that, is that wrong? in this day and age, tattoos and hair color is about the same. they can be changed, removed .. whatever YOU want. it's all a personal thing.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    i think people saying "i don't like tattoos" is like me saying "i don't like brown eyes, in fact - I hate people with brown eyes." I don't feel the need to run around casting aspersions on people I don't know. people get bored with hair color and put a permanent color on that, is that wrong? in this day and age, tattoos and hair color is about the same. they can be changed, removed .. whatever YOU want. it's all a personal thing.
    But getting a tattoo is a choice, sure you can change your hair colour, but you're always going to be blonde/brunette/red/black under the dye and it will grow back. Once you've got a tat, there's no going back....I think people forget that. I'm seriously considering a career in tat removal as I think it is going to be a booming business!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post
    That's right! Took me a while to get it too, like OT and SO and YOMANK...I'll leave you work them out.

Oh, thanx OT: off topic SO: significant other YOMANK: dunno

You Owe Me A New Keyboard YOMANK

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post
    But getting a tattoo is a choice, sure you can change your hair colour, but you're always going to be blonde/brunette/red/black under the dye and it will grow back. Once you've got a tat, there's no going back....I think people forget that. I'm seriously considering a career in tat removal as I think it is going to be a booming business!!
    There is going back though, like you said, there is tattoo removal. I just don't like people that talk about tattoos just because that's what they have been taught.....to hate tattoos. My family is like that, they hate them. I actually have to hide them from my daddy because, even at 31, he would beat my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I hate tattoos, too, both on women and on men, and I don't understand how anyone can want permanent markings on their body. How can one not expect to get sick of looking at the same image for years and years and years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    Don't hit me, but I hate them too. On everybody. I think the human body is too beautiful to cover it up with crap.
    You expressed exactly the way I feel about tattoos.
    I would expect one to eventually get sick of seeing the tattoo forever, and I also think that the human body is too beautiful to stain it

But I did get a tattoo with a marker a couple of times!

The human body is too pretty to be fat but there are plenty of fat people in this world too.

^^ Some people think fat is pretty though!

Hmm... I never said I hated people with tattoos. I just don't like the tattoos themselves. The people are fine.

There are a lot of fashions and cosmetic looks I don't like, but I don't expect everyone to like my look either.

Tattoos can't really be totally removed, can they? Doesn't some of the ink remain, or is it just scar tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    You Owe Me A New Keyboard YOMANK

Oh, ok, I thought it was an insult of some kind!

Excision competely removes the tattoo.

^^ Ah, okay.

Thread Information