Login to remove the ads!
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: The Nail Polish/Anything to Do with Nails Thread

Blog Entries

Whore Red... forgot the name, so for now I am sticking with Whore Red.

I keep my fingernails buffed. I can't be arsed with getting them done every week. Buffed they stay nicer longer.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

OPI NLI43 Black Cherry Chutney A super dark purple.
    "Creepy, like when Tom Cruise laughs." - Bloodhound Gang

"I don't know anyone who likes Justin Bieber." - Seth Rogen

oooh i like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    ^ Gorgeous color. Does it have any shimmer in it or is it a creme? Looks like no shimmer in the pic, but it's sometimes hard to tell.
    no shimmer at all. i like my polishes super saturated and with no shimmer at all, except for this metallic dark purple i wear sometimes.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I usually wear Essie Fiji all summer on my toes.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I actually enjoy it, but I go to a friend's penthouse to get my hair done. He works out of his home, and always provides great conversation, cappucino and cookies. He'll also lay on some wine if you're the last client of the day, and we sit looking at the gorgeous mountains and ocean while the sun goes down. And I only go every two months or so. It's always great to see him and he happens to be a wonderful stylist and colorist, and at a fraction of the price of high-end salons such as the one he used to work at.
    Sorry to bump this post, but I LOLed. Having seen her hair.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

But she only goes every two months or so and doesn't wash it in between. This explains all!
    "Creepy, like when Tom Cruise laughs." - Bloodhound Gang

"I don't know anyone who likes Justin Bieber." - Seth Rogen

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    I found it VERY dif to find a top notch stylist.

The first one I went to was "famous", even had her own national info-mercial lol. She was great with picking out which colors and shades to use, but her highlighting technique made me feel too conservative. I had little variation and there was nothing "fun" about my hair. The colors were pretty but not remarkable.

The second person I went to was a guy who was considered a master colorer/highlighter. In the begining, he was PHENOMENAL. He gave the best hair cut Ive ever seen. (Infact, I still have it, the woman I go to now acutually copies his lines). The cut was gorgeous! The color/highlights were fantastic. He did not use kerastase, but would special order a conditioning treatment for me that he kept at locked up at his station. It stung a little when it was applied and smelled like lemons, it was INCREDIBLE. I still have no idea what it was. I was his billboard. I couldnt walk 5 feet without being stopped and complimented on my color. It got to the pt where Id carry around his cards. I got him AT LEAST 100 regulars. I was thrilled. Then randomly one day the salon changed product lines and my color just was not turning out the way it had once.

Now I go to a woman who is a true perfectionist. I probably have the healthiest blonde highlighted all over colored hair ever. She does an amazing job on highlights...and she does one thing none of the others did...she actually LISTENS to what I want

IMO and in my experience, this is one of those things where you get what you pay for. I did find that the more I spent, the better of a stylist the person was.

I miss the entertaining lies this bitch used to tell.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

FF was good at her work.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I miss FF. I remember her telling everyone how she and her hubby paid for their shitty dinner with his black Amex!!!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I miss the entertaining lies this bitch used to tell.
    haha, the FF quote you posted was hilarious. Did anyone ever call her out on the fact that (in NYC, anyway) the high end salons make stylists choose between color or cut? I'm a student "hair model" at Arrojo to get my hair cut/colored cheap and they say that in all the high-end place, one person always cuts, and someone else colors. It's a highly specialized thing. ANYWAY.

This is what's on my toes right now: tasmanian devil made me do it
    I really like it - I've been trying to find deals on groupon etc so I can get my nails done every two weeks.
    here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Really cheap Maybelline nail polish. It's cherry red or something. I gave myself a manicure and pedicure with this and it got these weird tiny bubbles all over and chipped within a day. I need to get myself some OPI polish, all the pictures here have great colors.
    Last edited by Brah; July 30th, 2011 at 08:56 PM.
    Keep your stupid comments in your pocket!

This ad makes me want to try Essie's Aruba Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post

Really cheap Maybelline nail polish. It's cherry red or something. I gave myself a manicure and pedicure with this and it got these weird tiny bubbles all over and chipped within a day. I need to get myself some OPI polish, all the pictures here have great colors.
    i am pretty sure i bought that same shade a while back because it is a very pretty, bluish (cool) red. but i remember it chipped easily, streaked, and just wasn't saturated enough even after two coats.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I have on this one (no,those are so not my nails)
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^wow, those are long nails! i think they might be real, too??!

for my toes, i use either black cream polish or dark burgundy shimmer polish year round. once in awhile i find a really dark eggplant color i like & use that. i never use color on my fingernails, though...i can't keep from picking at the polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    I agree that those 3-4hr color appts can get boring-although well worth it, but the average blow out and conditioning treatment I do find invigorating and most enjoyable. I love a good blow out/ style

sorry, i couldn't resist. i've been waiting to use that gif again for years. i think penny made it way back when.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information