Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: The Nail Polish/Anything to Do with Nails Thread

Zoya is my favorite nail polish - hands down. Fantastic brush that makes application easy and even AND polish has great staying power unlike most of the other popular brands. 0ver 500 colors to choose from too. No going back for me.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Link doesn't work ,now I'm curious what is it ?
    sputnik likes this.

^^^^
    me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Truthfully, I can't keep polish from chipping on my hands for even a full 24 hours if I don't get gel, even though it's not the kindest to your nails. Gel polish stands up to everything I do, but regular polish just can't for me. Plus, I'm terrible at painting my own nails, so I usually go get mine done every couple of weeks. Honestly, the polish would stay on longer than that & still look shiny & intact, but my nails grow fast enough that they grow past the tip of my finger then & start bothering me. Also, there's that huge gap between my cuticle & the color if I wait much longer than that. If you're decent at painting your own nails, there are at-home gel polishes & light kits.

I do get regular polish on my toes & for some reason it never chips on me, even stuffed in shoes.
    SAME. my nails are shit though. brittle and soft. i can't do gel though. did it twice and it ruined my nails for over a month until they grew back in. i thought i'd finally found a solution with that 7 day polish by CND (i think?) but even that was starting to fuck up my nails after a few manicures with it. so i had to go back to regular polish that doesn't last long on me.
    like you, regular polish lasts forever on my toes but i try not to leave it too long so the polish won't turn my nails yellow. in summer i do gel on my toes and it lasts forever and stays shiny longer.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post

Essie's Ballet Slippers. I saw this color on Giada DeLaurentis' nails on her show. it's so girly
    ooh i love this. am getting it for my next manicure.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ Another one close to that is OPI Bubble Bath. It's my favorite nude/neutral. I'm very cool toned, though, and can't pull anything that skews warm, so if you like warmth in your colors, you may not like.

sputnik and holly like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I never do the sheer nudes , my nails look like crap from keeping polish on them 24-7 I do love Essie Princess Pink
    I was having a stressful day this past weekend and bought a bottle of Deborah Lippman Dear Mr Fantasy a dark but still bright shimmery fuchsia pink

Beeyotch and Laurent like this.

I've been wearing Zoya's Miley on my hands this summer. I love the color, but the polish's staying power could be better.

Pedi's have mostly been Essie's Hubby for Dessert

sputnik likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I really like Zoya polish. I've gotten a few colors from my hair salon. My friend does my hair and give me her employee discount on products (50% off) so I usually buy them from her around $4-$5/bottle.

I really need to get my nails done before we go on vacation to LA, they are in horrible shape. I'm rough on my nails and my polish usually chips after a few days. With little kids I find it hard to get the time in, unless it's super late at night, to regularly paint them.

Have you tried a gel polish manicure? I don't do them often but when I get them it's so nice. No chipping or peeling. I get a good 2.5 weeks with a soft pink color and two weeks with a darker color. Perfect for vacation.

I've come to the conclusion my body chemistry just can not hold nail polish more than two days so I have not tried gel , I have used some of the gel/regular nail polish hybrids from China Glaze, OPI and CND and I have not been impressed by any of them . They all perform like normal nail polish

Zoya Moxie

And feeling

Laurent, Bluebonnet and fgg like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Have you tried a gel polish manicure? I don't do them often but when I get them it's so nice. No chipping or peeling. I get a good 2.5 weeks with a soft pink color and two weeks with a darker color. Perfect for vacation.
    Yep, that's what I had done. I'm so hard on my nails, so regular polish just chips away. This gel is amazing and still looks great 1.5 weeks later.

Milani Mango Tango. Great color for summer.

'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I would get this done. Winter is Coming.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Cheap but pretty. I did my nails in this a few days ago; except it's more of a cerulean blue in person.

ManxMouse and ConstanceSpry like this.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Thread Information