Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: The Nail Polish/Anything to Do with Nails Thread

I found the shade I was after, it's called Dutch Tulip. My toes look very cute in white thongs/flip flops.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

A*O

This is the perfect colour for every occasion. OPI Chocolate Mousse. I bet they discontinue it...

panic likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Essie limousine is lovely. Very much like OPI's Bubble Bath, though Essie's isn't as sheer.

Speaking of Bubble Bath, I asked for it at my latest pedi and thought it looked different once it was on. Chalked it up to the lighting in the place, but now I can tell it's a completely different color, way more nude which I hate bc nudes look super weird/unflattering on my skin tone.

Stupid nail place, they either did the wrong color or tweaked the formula by adding another color to the original bottle.

A*O

I always take my own polish to the salon. I've had too many mani/pedis with cheap, nasty, gloopy old polish.
    holly likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I always take my own polish to the salon. I've had too many mani/pedis with cheap, nasty, gloopy old polish.
    I do too, unless I'm getting a gel mani or pedi, but if it's regular polish, I bring my own. I also bring my own nail file when I'm getting a manicure because I have a really cool crystal file by Nail Tek that doesn't shread the ends of your nails when you file them. There are other "crystal" files out there, but they are not the same as this one. They're cheap imitations that still shred your nails. I also bring my own top & base coat when I get a non-gel manicure, because the stuff I have makes my manicure last at least a week, sometimes longer!

This is the perfect colour for every occasion. OPI Chocolate Mousse. I bet they discontinue it...

It looks very similar to the one I'm wearing now - Barefoot in Barcelona, which I LOVE! My other favorite right now is Taupe-less Beach (kind of a grey with lavender undertones) (both are OPI)
    Last edited by holly; January 27th, 2016 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Spelled "taupe-less" right instead of the way they spell it

It's part of the OPI classic line , they normally keep these colors around forever

I got OPI Pompeii Purple gel on my fingers & toes when I got them done, & it's a pretty bold color for my hands, but I'm liking it. It's very summery. Not very purple, but it definitely has a purple shimmer undertone to it.

These aren't my hands, since I can't wear my nails that long. If they start creeping much past the end of the tip of my finger, they start driving me nuts.

Brah, msdeb and I'mNotBitter like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^so pretty!

I need some tips on nail care---my paint will chip within hours of being painted, and I'm using Orly, which in the past lasted very long. Now it looks like shit by the end of the night. I think my nails are getting brittle or something. Does anyone have any products that help nail polish stick, or builds up nail strength? I hate not having color on my hands.
    Laurent likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    I need some tips on nail care---my paint will chip within hours of being painted, and I'm using Orly, which in the past lasted very long. Now it looks like shit by the end of the night. I think my nails are getting brittle or something. Does anyone have any products that help nail polish stick, or builds up nail strength? I hate not having color on my hands.
    Truthfully, I can't keep polish from chipping on my hands for even a full 24 hours if I don't get gel, even though it's not the kindest to your nails. Gel polish stands up to everything I do, but regular polish just can't for me. Plus, I'm terrible at painting my own nails, so I usually go get mine done every couple of weeks. Honestly, the polish would stay on longer than that & still look shiny & intact, but my nails grow fast enough that they grow past the tip of my finger then & start bothering me. Also, there's that huge gap between my cuticle & the color if I wait much longer than that. If you're decent at painting your own nails, there are at-home gel polishes & light kits.

I do get regular polish on my toes & for some reason it never chips on me, even stuffed in shoes.

I noticed in Walmart the other day that it's started carrying OPI, which surprised me. They don't have the full line, but a lot of the most popular shades like "I'm Not Really a Waitress" and "Lincoln Park After Dark."
    Brah likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

My nail polish doesn't last long ,what I've used that has worked is the Orly Bonder base coat and Seche Vite Top coat . Orly polish doesn't work well for me ,I may get a full day before everything starts chipping . Opi and Essie are favorites , and OPi for Sephora was my favorite and lasted way longer than anything else I've tried

Opi Chip skip works well and pure acetone work the best for prepping my nails
    Brah likes this.

Essie's Ballet Slippers. I saw this color on Giada DeLaurentis' nails on her show. it's so girly
    Laurent, holly and sputnik like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Love Ballet Slippers, and OPI Pompeii Purple one of my favorite colors ever and probably the color that started my OPI addiction
    Laurent likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I got OPI Pompeii Purple gel on my fingers & toes when I got them done, & it's a pretty bold color for my hands, but I'm liking it. It's very summery. Not very purple, but it definitely has a purple shimmer undertone to it.

These aren't my hands, since I can't wear my nails that long. If they start creeping much past the end of the tip of my finger, they start driving me nuts.

This has been a nail polish staple of mine for 16-17 years. I always get compliments when I wear it! It really is a great spring/summer color.
    Laurent likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    ^so pretty!

I use CND Stickey for my base coat & Seche Vite for my top coat. My polish will normally last at least 7 days with no chipping with this combination, & that's with washing/sanitizing my hand multiple times a day. Right now, I've had my polish on for 10 days & there's some wear in the corners of some of my nails, but no one would notice it but me.

Thread Information