Login to remove the ads!
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: The Nail Polish/Anything to Do with Nails Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

I had a horrible time at the dentist..... so I treated myself to TWO Revlon toe-varnishes.... in "cherries in the snow" and "frostest purple" (that doesn't look purple at all, it looks hot pink????? confused!)
    Aw, sorry to hear that about the dentist Novice. What did you have done? I have to go for a cleaning but keep putting it off.

I love Cherries in the Snow. I think that color has been around forever, a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    Aw, sorry to hear that about the dentist Novice. What did you have done? I have to go for a cleaning but keep putting it off.

I love Cherries in the Snow. I think that color has been around forever, a classic.
    I had to wait for ages, I had to have a temp filling (that usually last 3 days with me), I had to have 2 mouth-numbing injections & could still feel it!!! And I have chips off the front of my teeth where my ex tried to give me some orthodontist treatment (the ******!!!!) so they don't response well to heat, cold or some psycho with a cold air blower!!!!!

Argh!!!!

What's with Queen Vicky? I didn't know you were a history buff*! Fab woman! Dopped off her head most of the time! Liked shagging the staff!

*Or is it in honour of her namesake Posh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    This is what I got when I googled "metallic dark Aubergine"
    I love 'em - they'll go so well with my old fat tired boring butt
    hot shoes!!!
    that's pretty much the colour of my polish, maybe a bit more purple but just as dark
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Right now, I have a french manicure and pedicure. The manicure only lasts for so long because I have 4 cats and a dog, not to mention a boyfriend that I clean up after. Usually, if I take care of it, the manicure lasts for about 5 days looking fresh, add another two days of looking alright. My pedicure looks fresh for two weeks, but I can't stand for my nails on my hands or feet to grow out very long, so two weeks is my max, looking good or not.

All winter I was using OPI's Passion, which is a Black/Purple on my hands and feet. It looks nice on my nails because I keep them super short. In the summer, I alternate between a french man/ped and OPI's Sweetheart.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I have a dentist's appointment this afternoon & I'm going to treat myself to a simliar colour to the "Hot Pink" (I'm fair skinned, with cool tones, but brunette not blond...)
    I'm not blonde, either, and I'm working the hot pink toejob!

Brunette sisters unite in bright colored toepolish!
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I wonder what color our Johnny's pedi is...
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

^^ Princess Pink, of course.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

My favorite polish for toes is "Copper Penny" by Jordana-- it's the super cheap stuff.

I pretty much wear it exclusively. The color is gorgeous and it holds up extremely well.
    It's actually more of a coral color than copper, so it goes well with the cool undertones in my skin.

I don't even fool with painting my fingernails. Since I'm constantly washing dishes and whatnot the color chips w/in a few hours, so it's a big waste of time.

Necro'ing my own thread to continue our polish discussion from another thread.

Got a pedicure yesterday afternoon (ahhhh) and got this on my toes:

OPI's The One That Got Away. It's from Katy Perry's collection, but surprisingly wearable.

Small random picture I found on google, put this is the color I have right now.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

New trend: Doing something different on the big toe and all the rest are the same color. Very cute.

Essie's Li-lite. It's a discontinued color, but I bought 4 bottles when they stopped making it, because I like it in the summer. It looks great with a tan. It's a little lighter than the image.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Don't let anyone with bad eyebrows tell you shit about life.

inspired by our beet discussion and fgg, i got a pedi last week and got miami beet on my toes. today i'm going for a manicure but i'll just get clear polish, i almost never do colour on my hands.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ Gorgeous color. Does it have any shimmer in it or is it a creme? Looks like no shimmer in the pic, but it's sometimes hard to tell.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    inspired by our beet discussion and fgg, i got a pedi last week and got miami beet on my toes. today i'm going for a manicure but i'll just get clear polish, i almost never do colour on my hands.

that's what i have but i get my nails done on saturday and will probably do something really dark. i do the opi gel polish so my choices are pretty limited also, i don't like light colors so that knocks off half of the 30 or so they have out.

i keep my nails super short so i feel like i can get away with dark colors. long nails with lots of color bothers me.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information