Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: The Nail Polish/Anything to Do with Nails Thread

they definitely make it because it's on chanel's online boutique. i don't know if it's the same though, maybe they changed the colour?

so they have two different number 18 on the chanel online boutique, both called rouge noir but i feel like one might be darker (probably the original), so it looks like they still have some stock of the old one and are still selling it:
    LE VERNIS VERNIS À ONGLES - CHANEL - Site officiel et Boutique en ligne
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

thank you,girl,i found it also at sephora,s web site.I ll go check in a shop though ,to make sure it,s the same one i loved.i am so happy,i had given up on it years ago but i always missed it!
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

The original US Vamp was the same color as the current rouge noir, then it was discontinued and then sometime in the 2000s they brought it back but changed Vamp to be the metallic color it is now.

We wore it death in the 90s. It's such a great color. (We even wore the matching lipstick.) The minute Pulp Fiction was released we all ran out to buy Vamp polish and black bootcut pants just like Uma wore.
    sputnik, faithanne and effie2 like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^^
    i was in europe then and i remember it was called vamp in france too, at least at first. and it was the same colour as the rouge noir and then i think they brought it back as rouge noir and the name vamp is only used in the US now for the metallic one.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

I wish these companies would stop fucking about with their popular, tried and tested, iconic colours, scents, packaging, formulations. Or worse, discontinuing them altogether. My favourite perfume of all time and popular back in the day - Masumi by Coty - is no more and there's a couple of lipstick/nail colours I loved that are no more.
    sputnik, effie2, holly and 1 others like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

Manicure in OPI Bubble Bath, which is one of my standbys, a good clean neutral that works well with my skintone

i own this one, its one of my favorites. i get designs on my nails and they look really good with this polish.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I bought this scrub and care pen by kikko a year ago and only now 'found' it back and used it since a week now and my nails look like they had a mani (and even after a many I do not get nails like that). SUPER for ingrown nails and the cuticles .
    Basically it it a rough hard sponge for the scrubbing and you can click it so oil comes out to soften the cuticles

effie2 likes this.

After watching Mad Men this weekend and seeing Betty's long pink nails, and my nails FINALLY gaining back some strength and growing long and nice, I painted them OPI Elephantastic Pink. So cute and fun. I hand-mixed plaster nearly 8 months ago, and it wrecked my nails! It's only the past few weeks that my nails have recovered and been able to grow, they're even similar to Betty Draper's now. I've missed them so much, I forgot what confidence well-done nails give.

Last edited by Brah; December 6th, 2015 at 09:42 PM. Reason: too tired to write well
    Jazzy, msdeb and palta like this.

Some Orly nail polish was on sale at TJmaxx! Most colors were too similar to something I already own, but I got two nice shades.

Red Flare, which seems like a gorgeous red for my skin tone.

And Petit Four... which looks so much nicer in the bottle than on photos I'm looking at now... hopefully it looks nice.

A*O

I love this OPI colour, Dulche de Leche. It looks great with everything and on short nails and I like the very slight warm, brownish tinge. I bet they discontinue it.

sputnik and palta like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^I like the colour, but it has nothing to do with dulce de leche LOL.

I can't find the Opi shade I had at my last pedicure and I thought I'd tracked it down but in the shop it didn't look quite the same and when I got out into the daylight it's a totally different shade. I can't post pics but the one I bought is Koala Bear-y and I don't mind it but the one I want is less pink and more red. And I can't find it on any colour palettes online. Help!

eta And I did go back to the nail place I had my pedi done but they didn't have it on the rack.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

nails - Essie limousine

toes - Essie Soulmate. This is my new fave. It's like Vamp with a touch more brown, less purple.

Does anyone have an opinion on dark polish on short nails? I'd say the light nails above is a good representation of my short nail beds. I'd love to wear Soulmate on my fingernails but then I chicken out and go for the disappearing hand look.

I only like dark polish when it's on short nails. You know i'm always willing to give my opinion

I favor short nails anyway. sometimes when i get a look at an old photo of me in the late 80's i cant believe how long i wore my nails. Now as soon as they dig into my palm when i make a fist i file them.
    palta likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I wear all colors on my finger nails , I love dark polish but I am a giant nail polish whore

Thread Information