Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: The Nail Polish/Anything to Do with Nails Thread

Just got back from a 10 pm manicure. Thank God for NYC up all night. I have to see a client a 8 am (SO not a good time for me, that time is usually for contractors), so I went for a quick one. They didn't have WCG's so I got Malaga Wine OPI. Nice burgundy with a brown saturation, not purple.

Somebody has the time to find dupes! They found a lot of the Chanel Orage. Oh the internet...

(I think I want the real thing).

http://www.temptalia.com/makeup-dupe-list?id=168191

Now we have something in common for this week.

kasippu likes this.

I tried the Chanel Orage in the store. It goes on as mushroom and with a few coats turns into just what you see in the picture, a black, blue, green, gray look. I liked it but I don't think it does much for me. The one I really loved was the Chanel Blue Satin and found the dupe by Essie Midnight Cami. A true navy black.

Btw - I polished my nails myself last night.

Bought this colour a few days ago: 'Chelsea Red' from Isadora
    kasippu, sputnik and msdeb like this.

decided to not get one of my usual 3 nudes when i got a manicure the other day, got OPI cement the deal:

and the week before got essie's chinchilly, also a cool grey, though slightly darker and taupier than cement the deal.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The cement one looks really nice.

i like it. at first i thought it might make me look at little undead but so far i've had 2 guys compliment me on it when i don't think i've ever had random men tell me they like my nail polish before so i'll take that as a sign i don't look like i should have a tag around my big toe.
    BelledeJour and msdeb like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

This seemed like the best place for this question - I'm wearing a black jumpsuit Saturday night (i better post the pic before everyone says oh no - this outfit answered every clothing prayer).

I think I'd like to match lipstick, nails and toes. I'm wearing peep toe shoes. I don't mind being bold or being safe, whatever looks pretty.

My lipstick color would be like this - would you wear matching nail polish and matching toes to this color

or would you wear this type of color on nails and toes with the lipstick above

what else?

I'm 2 feet tall and that jumpsuit makes me feel taller. The open neck, the covered arms, I was jumping up and down. I thought about putting a pearl broche on the waist hip area and I have two matching pearl bracelets that are worn as a set. I went off topic. Thanks kids.

I'd go with something closer to the lipstick color so that you have a pop of color on your nails & toes since the outfit is all black (I like it! I'm also a shorty so I understand the euphoria when something makes you feel like you have longer legs!)

Edit: I just realized this post is a month old. So what did you end up doing?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Anyone wants a cheap nail polish that seems to last well try the NYC Gel Gloss nail polish. I've been using a shade called West Village Apparel which is a dark red and this shit lasts! I use one coat of a combined ridge filler/basecoat, two coats of the NYC polish (to get a good, deep colour) and finish off with one coat of 2True Gel top coat and that's my nails done for a week of typing, digging through boxes of archives, filing several tons of paperwork, laundry, hair washing and housework. The NYC and the 2True cost me 2.49 each and I already had the (Rimmel) base coat so I'm thinking it's a bargain as I did my nails last Friday and I only now have a small, hardly noticeable chip to the side of one nail.
    holly likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^I'm gonna look into that, because I painted on OPI I Got The Blues For Red only 2 days ago and almost every nail is chipped already, just from doing dishes twice and washing my hair once. Maybe my nails are just brittle but OPI's nail polish hardly ever stays on me for more than 2 days.

That said, I did LOVE OPI's I Sing In Color in their creme gloss. I had it on before Blues for Red. Gorgeous color, a very deep deep burgundy.

That is effing gorgeous! Reminds me of Chanel's Vamp. My all time favorite nail polish color ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    Maybe my nails are just brittle but OPI's nail polish hardly ever stays on me for more than 2 days.
    I have this problem with just about every polish! I'm scared to try gel because my nails already peel easily.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

A*O

You're right to be wary about gel, I have good nails but they were ruined by gel. Also getting it off really hurts.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Does it really? I thought they just used an extra strength remover.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Thread Information