Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: The Nail Polish/Anything to Do with Nails Thread

fgg

i have OPI's cajun shrimp on right now. i have a terrible time finding corals/orangey shades that i like.

FYI - i will be getting gel polish on my toes before my wedding. sunscreen and sand dulls polish and then being in the water for long periods (beach & pool) takes it right off. no way i'm looking like a cracky for my wedding & honeymoon!
    card likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Fgg, Essie has a couple of coraly shades that I love, clambake and geranium. They're coraly but not too orangey and flattering even for cool undertones.
    Laurent likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Has anyone on here tried any of the CND Vinylux nail polish? We sell it in my salon and it goes for a week without chipping. It's made by Creative Nail Designs. Their polish shades have a nice selection, (nowhere near the amount of shades like Essie or OPI), they even some metallic irridescent, but no texture-type polishes. They also make a great top coat. People swear by this stuff. The only drawback I know of is that the polish can sometimes dry out the nails, but that can be easily remedied with a great basecoat. The best one is CND Stickey base coat.

You can use the CND with base coat ? I thought the polish adhered to your keratin your nails so you weren't supposed to wear base coat
    I am thinking of trying it for my vacation on my fingers. I hate having to change my nail polish while I'm on vacation

^^^I don't even bother polishing my finger nail before a long vacation (over a week) because I can't handle it when it start chipping. I hate being bare too but chips are the worst
    holly likes this.

The nail polish from H&M also stays on your nails for about 4-5 days without clipping and is even cheap..

fgg

thanks, sput! i'll have to ask my nail salon if they have those colors.
    sputnik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    You can use the CND with base coat ? I thought the polish adhered to your keratin your nails so you weren't supposed to wear base coat
    I am thinking of trying it for my vacation on my fingers. I hate having to change my nail polish while I'm on vacation
    Yes!! I work with the vendors for ordering the polish for my salon, and the few issues we had with nails getting a bit dry from the CND can be remedied if you use the CND Stickey basecoat. That is the only one they recommend for use with the CND Vinylux. I use it without the basecoat and so far my nails are fine.....

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    Has anyone on here tried any of the CND Vinylux nail polish? We sell it in my salon and it goes for a week without chipping. It's made by Creative Nail Designs. Their polish shades have a nice selection, (nowhere near the amount of shades like Essie or OPI), they even some metallic irridescent, but no texture-type polishes. They also make a great top coat. People swear by this stuff. The only drawback I know of is that the polish can sometimes dry out the nails, but that can be easily remedied with a great basecoat. The best one is CND Stickey base coat.
    my nail girl is ordering this stuff... the top coat is especially for me she said. right now i get a gel top coat because i'm mean to my nails, and gel lasts. So when she gets it, i hope it works.
    card likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

fgg

24-Karat-Gold for Your Nails

Deborah Lippmann’s partnering with Barneys New York to sell an exclusive collection of her nail polish, marked by white caps (instead of black) and one star formula: a 24-karat-gold flecked polish that will sell for $50. Sound crazy? Maybe, but an increasing number of polishes stuffed full of gold, diamonds, and other precious gems means there are enough women out there willing to spend big on jewelry in nail polish form.

Rococo’s Gold Leaf Lacquer was one of the first to fill clear polish with gold leaf. The polish, which can be worn alone or as a topcoat, was inspired by Versailles and sells for nearly $60. Then Azature, a Hollywood-based nail brand, upped the ante, releasing a $250,000 black diamond nail polish at the height of the world’s nail craze, in 2012. One bottle boasts 267 carats of black diamonds. (They also make a diamond-free version that looks the same, for $25.)

More recently, Red Carpet Manicure, one of the first brands to make an at-home LED gel manicure system, released a whole collection of gem-infused polishes; when they say ruby red or sapphire blue, they mean it. (Each polish goes for $12.) Etoile Nail Polish ($18) and even OPI have issued collections that use diamond dust for extra sparkle. Of course, unless you run around telling everyone there are diamond on your nails, it’s pretty hard to tell the difference between diamond-induced glitter and just regular old glitter. The gold, however, does offer a richer metallic finish than your average gold polish or even glitter. You can snag your own bottle at Barneys, starting next month.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/24-kara...157697938.html

A*O

Help please. I had an excellent mani/pedi on holiday last month and the polish (can't recall brand) is still excellent but needs to come off to let the nails "breathe". I tried my usual acetone based remover but it may as well be water - useless. It's not a gel or shellac as far as I know but I'm wondering if she put something like that as a top coat? I don't want to grind it off so is there a special remover?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Go get remover with acetone and I smother my nails 365 and don't buy into that crap about letting nails breathe .You can make little soaker things for your nail by soaking a cotton ball in remover and taking pieces of aluminum foil and laying the soaked cotton ball on the nail and wrapping it with the foil . Wait 10-15 minutes and the polish should have dissolved

What texture is the nail polish ? Shimmer , Metallic , Sparkle or Glitter ?

A*O

Don't get technical with me missy! LOL. The colour is slightly shimmery but the top coat is a clear, shiny gloss. It's hard to find 100% acetone around here. Most removers are either diluted or have no acetone at all. I know it's the quickest and best thing. I love your cotton wool/foil modality.
    Dame Edna Everage

Sorry , some finishes are harder to remove than others , try the foil wrap and use and orange stick to push/chip the rest off . You nails shouldn't be damaged too much or at all

A*O

Thanks! I'll do it over the weekend and let you know.
    Dame Edna Everage

Thread Information