Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: The Nail Polish/Anything to Do with Nails Thread

Ooh both of those are fab, I love the red matte polish especially. How do those wear? I've only tried one matte polish and it chipped horrendously within a day so it's kind of put me off any more.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

That matte red is amazing! I gotta try that.

Has anyone tried the textured shimmer matte polishes Zoya put out? There are some other brands but I gather theirs are the best. I got "London" and it's odd and chips a bit too fast for my taste, but it was striking, I have to admit:

Right now I have on Essence "Do You Speak Love?" on one hand and Essence "Break Through" on the other. I couldn't make up my mind and they mesh nicely, actually.

The first one is this stunning cherry burgundy. Those shades usually lean purple or brown; this is more faintly inclined to purple (if I had to pick, but it's not obvious.)

It's hard to photograph accurately. That's pretty close. So are these:

"Break Through" is like a mysterious, slightly muddy reddish purplish plum. It's unusual, and I love it. Very flattering to pale hands.

This is kinda close but it's a bit darker in person and definitely less bright, more murky.

Those who wanted that OPI to be a true dark cherry might like "Do You Speak Love?"

Essence polishes are only two bucks. I know they have them at Ulta but some also just showed up at Walgreen's. The quality is consistently good. These are opaque in two coats, dry fast, and have a nice gloss.

Also--if any of you love holographic nail polish, Color Club just put out some more and they are AMAZING. They really do the best holo polishes and they are cheap, too. Best one I think is "Eternal Beauty"...PURPLE!:

They're called "Halo Hues". There was a pink, an aqua and an orange/sienna I loved too. Usually Color Club are sold in sets. The bottles often aren't marked individually which is annoying. I tend to just get 'em on EBay unless I get lucky and find a set discounted at Ross. (If you DO find 'em at Ross they are soooo cheap, like less than ten bucks for six polishes, I think?)
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Has anyone tried the textured shimmer matte polishes Zoya put out? There are some other brands but I gather theirs are the best. I got "London" and it's odd and chips a bit too fast for my taste, but it was striking, I have to admit:

I like that color. I've had my eye on Zoya Godiva which is one of those Pixie Dust polishes but it's a neutral/fleshy color. From what I've seen in pictures the textured Zoya polishes don't seem as gritty and rough as the OPI Liquid Sands. I have OPI Stay the Night and I was very underwhelmed by it. The black was cloudy and dusty/dirty looking on me if that makes any sense

Ah, my kind of thread.

I have some of the CC Halo Hues, but I am disappointed, they don't have a better wear than the Nfu.Oh Holos and those chip notoriously fast. Also my Eternal Beauty ones (I bought two, one as backup) seperate, the holo sinks to the bottom. Awesome color though.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i found this on Pinterest. i LOVE the blue, but in the description it says its a powder and they are not in the US.

Replicate this lovely design with our Jet Black and Vampire Blue nail art powders. (We send to the US!)www.thenailartist...

does anyone know of a color close to this blue? i wanted a nail polish,not powder. I'd love to have my nails this color (but i'm suspecting that it'll be a Black Cherry Chutney fail)

Has been already said, Orly Royal Velvet. Original blogpost:
    Chloe's Nails: Orly Royal Velvet gets funky...

Make sure to check out her tutorials.

Right now I have Essie's Jamaica Me Crazy on my toes.

source: Polish or Perish: Some apparently retail-exclusive Essies: Jamaica Me Crazy and Dive Bar
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Ooh both of those are fab, I love the red matte polish especially. How do those wear? I've only tried one matte polish and it chipped horrendously within a day so it's kind of put me off any more.
    right now i have black matte with black gel tips. It looked nice in the beginning, but it got dull over the week. I doubt i will use matte again.

(the matte is a polish by itself, goes on over whatever color you want)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I picked up a bottle of Essie's Fishnet Stockings, I did my nails which was awesome because I have not done this for myself in FUCKING FOREVER. At the store side by side it was impossible to see any difference between Fishnet Stockings and Alist, and I'm not really feeling up to spending almost $10.00 to see if there is much of a difference.

Anyway, it's a really awesome blue red.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I think I own both colors , A List is not as blue red as Fishnet Stockings , i like Fishnet better
    I am trying to decide what color to paint my nail tonight , i have way too many choices

fishnet stockings looks amazing. i love a good blue red. right now i've got essie 'russian roulette' on my toes and i love it. it's very bright, great for summer.

russian roulette:
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

That looks fun!

Essie's Fishnet Stockings stains your nails, I used a base coat and honestly I've never had a polish do this. It leaves a pinkish stain, not yellow, but still. I guess in the end it looks like you have very "flushed" nail beds.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

reviving my favorite thread

I'm currently wearing OPI The It Color

It started chipping today so I'm going to to take it off tonight and put on an indie polish I bought a couple months ago but haven't gotten to. It's a brand called Emily de Molly and the color is Muted Madness

The Revlon classic Cherries in the Snow.

source: Classic AND a bargain: Revlon Nail Polish - beautyeditor
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

My mum bought me this and it's GORGEOUS! I love it. Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Speckle.
    Love love, McJag and Karistiona like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Saw the Deborah Lippmann nail polish "Across The Universe" on here and wanted to have it. So I finally do and that's what I wearing now

Love love likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Try Yoga-To-Get This Blue from OPI? I have this one and you can actually tell it's blue, not a Black Cherry Chutney fail.

Sally Hanson makes one exactly this color blue. I have it and love it.

Thread Information