Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: The Nail Polish/Anything to Do with Nails Thread

I love the Brown Eyed Girl.

Curent pedi is my usual Essie Big Spender. I try others but I go back to pink toes in the winter. I used to wear Chick Flick Cherry in the winter but pink makes me happy.

New find for manicure is Essie Sand Tropez, it's a perfect taupe, better than the photo. It's modern and disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    wow, seriously?

not being snarky, i just can't imagine the time that takes, with the drying and all. i change hand polish once a week, and pedi every two and it still too much time for me.
    It takes me 20 minutes from start to finish and I normally change my polish right before I go to bed. I use fast drying top coat so I don't have to wait long for it to dry.

Silver Member

Thanks for the links, guys! I just bought 7 new colors, maybe I'll give it up for Lent too.

I paint my nails about twice a week, depending on how long individual polishes last. It's important to me to never have chipped manicures at work. It takes me about 30 minutes to do my fingers and toes, including about ~10 minutes to dry before leaving home.
    Love love likes this.

I wish I could change my nail polish way more often than I do, but my nails tear apart as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

Curent pedi is my usual Essie Big Spender. I try others but I go back to pink toes in the winter. I used to wear Chick Flick Cherry in the winter but pink makes me happy.

New find for manicure is Essie Sand Tropez, it's a perfect taupe, better than the photo. It's modern and disappears.

I'm in love with that pink Essie one, I'm surprised I don't have it actually. The last pink I bought was Miami Nice which is shimmery and sort of purplish fuchsia.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

i'm a sand tropez fan too Chalet. i'm big on neutral colors for my hands. changing polish often sounds fun, but an hour in the salon once a week for a mani, and 2 when I get a pedi are already more time than I'm willing to give up.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I change my nail polish once a week too but my toes will last for 3 weeks (which is kinda pushing it). I do everything myself and I've gotten pretty good at it lately. I like to use the sally hansen cuticle remover (it's in a blue bottle) and it makes a big difference in the quality of my home mani's. The wood cuticle pushers they give you in the box are crap though, use a more sturdy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

Big Spender is one of my favorite colors. It's such a great purpley-pink

Elite Member

I am so jealous. I used to love going to have my nails done, but sadly I have been blessed with my Dad's awful propensity for nail fungus. I had a one year battle to subdue it with Terbinifine and Naftin and expensive repeated lasering at the dermatologist. Now I don't dare put polish on so that I can monitor for The Signs. My dad's was so bad, they amputated both big toenails. Don't want to go there! Genetics are a bitch.
    Last edited by scooter; February 14th, 2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Spell correct

got my nails done today. i brought my Black Cherry Chutney with me. if you aren't outside or under a light, the color looks almost black, which i assumed it would

i like it, but wanted it to be more two tone-ish.

too dark right now to take a pic, i'll do it tomorrow
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I am wearing German-icure by OPI . I just got my order from Image Beauty and I Black Cherry Chutney , Temptation , German-icure , and Tickle My France-y all by OPI and Mesmerize by Essie . I also got the pro size refill of Sech Vite top coat and a new top coat by Creative Nail Design.
    This will be the last nail polish I will buy until Easter , and it's going to be hard to stick to not buying nail stuff for Lent.

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    I am wearing German-icure by OPI . I just got my order from Image Beauty and I Black Cherry Chutney , Temptation , German-icure , and Tickle My France-y all by OPI and Mesmerize by Essie . I also got the pro size refill of Sech Vite top coat and a new top coat by Creative Nail Design.
    This will be the last nail polish I will buy until Easter , and it's going to be hard to stick to not buying nail stuff for Lent.
    Goodluck Choozen1ne!! I don't think ill ever be strong enough to give up the polish! I was a little disappointed in Mesmerize though. I used 2 coats and it went looked way darker than I expected. Still pretty but it wasn't as bright and vibrant as I expected. I'm hispanic and have tan skin though so I colors look different on everyone! Seche Vite is amazing and it's my favorite top coat but has anyone else noticed that it gets thick sorta quickly?

I had the same reaction to Mesmerize . I am also Hispanic and the color just comes off kind of muted medium blue on my skin tone , I was hoping it would be brighter .

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    I love Tickle My France-y! It's one of my go-tos. I'm jealous y'all are getting your polish hauls already; my package hasn't arrived yet.

Got this on my toes right now. I picked this up in Norway and haven't fpund a good U.S. reseller yet, though Amazon does have some good colors. Its Trind CC 135.

Last edited by greysfang; February 20th, 2013 at 09:28 PM.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Nice. Is it as bright in person as in the picture?

Yes, and its got a little twinkle to it without being SPARKLY. I like it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information