Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: The Nail Polish/Anything to Do with Nails Thread

I think they are over priced and you can get a dupe of most of their colors from OPI , China Glaze or Essie , I don't think they are like Deborah Lippmann were the colors are so unique that they are not easily found in other brands , I have seen them at Ulta and I keep trying to love them but it was just not happening

Have you tried Illmasqua ? One of the best brands I have tried and really unique colors and good formula too , you can get them at Sephora

I bought two China Glazes yersterday and want to say their textures are disgusting. I bought a gold with no glitter and it still feels sticky and globby.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    I think they are over priced and you can get a dupe of most of their colors from OPI , China Glaze or Essie , I don't think they are like Deborah Lippmann were the colors are so unique that they are not easily found in other brands , I have seen them at Ulta and I keep trying to love them but it was just not happening

Have you tried Illmasqua ? One of the best brands I have tried and really unique colors and good formula too , you can get them at Sephora
    That was how I felt about looking at the butter stuff. It caught my eye, but after looking at it I didn't feel it was anything special. I can't remember if I tried Illamasqua before, but I will check them out again though. I love all the crazy colors and glitters and all that.

I had something of China Glaze before, but it either ended up in the trash or it was given away. I'll keep in mind they don't have nice glitters.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Silver Member

I didn't know there was a polish thread here! My life is complete.

I'm excited to try out a few new Christmas manicures, too. I got Fingerpaints Santa's Magic at Sally's the other day, and then ordered Orly Frisky for Black Friday. Can't wait 'til it comes and I can layer them.

Not my pics, obvs.

I love both of those colors , they should look really cute layered together

I just painted my toes in OPI's Vamsterdam. I posted two pics because the color looks different in certain light. Really purple in some, brownish purple in others.

Ugh so that Across the Universe is like all other glitter polishes--super hard to remove. Plus I had it redone at the salon for a much smoother application, top coat and everything--and it chipped 4 days later. Still love the color though.

I've been coveting these lately:

deborah Lippmann 'just walk away renee'

deborah Lippmann 'dark side of the moon'
    choozen1ne and Zee like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Ugh so that Across the Universe is like all other glitter polishes--super hard to remove. Plus I had it redone at the salon for a much smoother application, top coat and everything--and it chipped 4 days later. Still love the color though.
    I have found that glitter nail polish dries really stiff and it doesn't flex with your nails like normal colors do. If you layer the polish with base coat , a layer or two of a normal nail polish in a matching color and then a coat or two of glitter polish then two coats of top coat it last longer and it is way easier to remove and using acetone helps quite a bit for me

I was wearing China Glaze "Electrify" for Thanksgiving last week and I couldn't stop starring at my nails because they were crazy sparkley and I loved it.

I took the day off work today and I put on Butter London "All Hail The Queen". It's boring in comparison to the last color I had on but it's one of my favorite go to polishes to wear to work or when I'm in the mood for something neutral

ApricotGlimmer likes this.

I love Vamsterdam and Dark Side of the Moon. Next up I'm looking for a true black nail polish. Everything I see looks kind of blue to me. I like the All Hail the Queen one as a neutral shade, too. It's got glitter to distract me so that makes me happy.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

All Hail the Queen is stunning. I'm taking a break from polish for a while to really take care of my nails. I've filed them way down and have been slathering on the cuticle cream and moisturizer.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Zee

I am stuck in a blue nail polish rut. Dark blue glitter, jellies, holos, mattes you name it. I bought some indie polish off of etsie last week from Jindie nails. Truly lovely and fun holiday polishes.

The Butter polishes never seem to work out for me. The color doesn't build without getting gummy or streaky. I've started layering them over a solid color from the drugstore.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

I went to buy the Across the Universe polish and they were all out. I ended up buying Essie Bikini So Teeny instead. I guess it's supposed to be beachy and summery, but I think it looks wintry.

gas_chick likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

That's really pretty, Waterslide!
    Waterslide likes this.

Thread Information