Login to remove the ads!
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: The Nail Polish/Anything to Do with Nails Thread

I always do french manicures with 2 coats of ballet slipper and I PREFER airbrushed french lines as opposed to the hand painted ones

I love french bc its neutral and goes with everything

See? I knew you were really practical!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I also get French manicures, not pedicures, and they are not practical at all unless you have acrylic nails or the means to get your nails and toes done every few days. They chip like mad, even with good quality products, if you do normal things like cook. But they do look great. I often do them myself, and I always get compliments on them.

i dont have any chipping problems with french manicures

Lil

I did my toenails yesterday for the first time this year as we went to a black tie party last night and I wanted to wear sandals. They are painted in MAC Nightfall, which is a kind of pearly grey/black. I usually wear strong colours on my toes, and like the YSL polishes best as they have a lot of pigment and last really well. I rarely paint my fingernails though as I generally have fewer than ten good nails at a time (blame the horse).
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I don't. I don't like my nails enough to showcase them! I usually keep my fingernails a neutral color and go crazy with my toes.

My apologies to the mods for my original too-spicy title.
    Me too. I usually go with pink, red, purple, champagne, blue, sliver, regular pedicure the white tips and light pink for my toes. My fingernails are usually light or neutral colors like champagne, clear, regular manicure, and some pinks.

I go coral from April-September, and in between it's either a dark reddish brown, or nude.
    Toes are always painted, fingernails, never.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    I did my toenails yesterday for the first time this year as we went to a black tie party last night and I wanted to wear sandals. They are painted in MAC Nightfall, which is a kind of pearly grey/black. I usually wear strong colours on my toes, and like the YSL polishes best as they have a lot of pigment and last really well. I rarely paint my fingernails though as I generally have fewer than ten good nails at a time (blame the horse).
    Do you ride Lil? I can't keep any nails because of it. I had eight medium length nails yesterday. After spending a few hours at the stables, I snapped three.

Whe I do get around to my toes, I love this dark cherry red by MAC. Forgot the name though.

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    Do you ride Lil? I can't keep any nails because of it. I had eight medium length nails yesterday. After spending a few hours at the stables, I snapped three.
    I do ride, yes - plays havoc with your fingernails, doesnt't it? I thought I was going to make it to the party last night with a reasonable set of nails but broke one really low down yesterday afternoon doing up a flash strap.

Do you have your own horse, Picara? I have a 12 year old chestnut thoroughbred gelding, not very big, about 15.2 on a good day.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    i dont have any chipping problems with french manicures
    Of course not. You likely have an army of servants cooking, cleaning and doing all those unpleasant but necessary menial chores that daily life entails. But for those of us who do not live lives of unimaginable wealth and privilege, needs must that our delicate hands are occasionally plunged into water or involved in such lowly tasks as washing and chopping veggies and fruits, and gardening and handling paper. There are some things you cannot wear gloves while doing.

And of course, most of us work on top of having to actually maintain our homes and daily chores, so we do not have unlimited time to have our nails done every few days, much less our hair, or anything else.

I realize we "little people" are out of your realm and beneath your concern, but such are the realities of life for millions upon millions of us. We do not have the luxury of unchipped nails for long, alas. Perhaps we should all just remove our unpleasant, imperfect selves from the planet forthwith so that only the perfectly manicured such as yourself might inhabit this earthly plane.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Perhaps we should all just remove our unpleasant, imperfect selves from the planet forthwith so that only the perfectly manicured such as yourself might inhabit this earthly plane.
    Quelle Horreur!! Who would do the grunt work??

Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    I do ride, yes - plays havoc with your fingernails, doesnt't it? I thought I was going to make it to the party last night with a reasonable set of nails but broke one really low down yesterday afternoon doing up a flash strap.

Do you have your own horse, Picara? I have a 12 year old chestnut thoroughbred gelding, not very big, about 15.2 on a good day.
    I do. I have a 2 1/2 year old Hannoverian. She's almost 16 hands. I'm hoping she's top out at 16.3. She's going through the terrible two's now. She thinks she's still a weanling while in an elephant's body. She can be a handful. I was trying to get her halter back on, with her head going this way and that, and that was the end of my nails. Ripped off ragged, ugh! I've tried acrylics but they don't last either. One of the many sacrifices of owning a horse I'm afraid.

When I read about people spending a lot of time at the salon, I wonder how they can stand it. I guess some find it to be a pleasant experience, but it makes me so jumpy. My stylist is great. It's sitting there for three to four hours that makes me crazy. I am forced to go every six weeks if I want to stay blonde. But anything other than that would drive me nuts. I guess nails aren't that important to me. Am I the only one who finds going to the salon tedious?

I actually enjoy it, but I go to a friend's penthouse to get my hair done. He works out of his home, and always provides great conversation, cappucino and cookies. He'll also lay on some wine if you're the last client of the day, and we sit looking at the gorgeous mountains and ocean while the sun goes down. And I only go every two months or so. It's always great to see him and he happens to be a wonderful stylist and colorist, and at a fraction of the price of high-end salons such as the one he used to work at.

I HATE getting my nails done but I LOVE getting my hair done. The nails are a pain bc its not like I can read a magazine or do much of anything since I cant use my hands

I agree that those 3-4hr color appts can get boring-although well worth it, but the average blow out and conditioning treatment I do find invigorating and most enjoyable. I love a good blow out/ style

i cant stand having my feet touched! but, i do have a clear coat on the nails.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information