Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: The Nail Polish/Anything to Do with Nails Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post

I have been wanting to do this forever and I never do it. I'm afraid once I start making my own nail polish I won't stop and I will go completely broke buying the supplies. Has anyone ever done this before?

edit - I guess that's just plain clear nail polish in the picture. I've seen places where you can make even the base part from scratch (I think), but I know you can buy all kinds of cosmetic-grade glitter and all that, too.
    I've never tried it, but it looks simple. I would go for a good quality clear polish, and very fine glitter.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Does anybody happen to know where I could get that Sally Hansen glittery stuff or equivalent in the UK? I couldn't see it on Amazon and they're usually my go-to place for nail products.

Looks pretty similar to the andrea fulerton gemstone overcoat, which you get in superdrug. I have it and the effect I get is similar to that.

I bought Sally Hansen's Mint Sorbert, and Milani's Diamond Dazzle. I wanted to try something new. I usually wear pinks, and reds. The glitter shows up better in person rather than in the photo.
    Now I am craving mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Laurent and cherrypye like this.

Ooh, I love that minty green!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I've never tried it, but it looks simple. I would go for a good quality clear polish, and very fine glitter.
    I've got a bunch of cosmetic glitter, I should try it. I only every buy cheap clear nail polish, so I have to figure out whose got a good one. As for the glitter, I have pink/gold, green/gold, pink, blue and gold off the top of my head.

Sput and Brah, love both those colors!
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I love the super light greens.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Okay, so I'm totally in love with Nicole for OPI's Kardashian Kolor Kollection (God, I hate myself just typing that.)

Seriously, though. The colors are amazing.

Here are I few I've tried and loved:

Kendall on the Katwalk - Gorgeous!

Kimpletely in Love

Rainbow in the S-Kylie

I rarely wear nail polish, and when I do it's usually french (total Chav, I know) or burgundy.

I hadn't worn glitter since--um, maybe high school. It was a bitch to take off, but everyone loved it, especially the Rainbow in the S-Kylie (which is actually the same polish as OPI's Rainbow Connection, which is impossible to find.)

(I stole all of these pictures from swatchandlearn.com since I didn't have any pics of my own nails.)

The rainbow glitter one is awesome. I don't do my nails very often because I can't make it last very long at all no matter how many coats or quality of polish, but this thread inspired me to paint them today. My favorite red.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Hey OrangeSlice, that's why I don't paint mine either! They look good for about a day, and then I clean house and my nails are disgusting again.

The great thing about the Rainbow Glitter one is it could chip without anyone being able to tell...it lasted for over 2 weeks! Granted, it took about 30 minutes to scrub off, but at least it lasted for longer than a few days.

I really like it and I need something that lasts. Wonder if work would mind jazzy nails? I think I could get away with it.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Same here, I don't even get one full day of nice nails, I get them done, fuck them up within 3 hours and they're shitty until I take it off a week later (gotta get my $$ worth). I feel all of you who say that's why you don't paint your nails.

I gotta say, the only way mine last is if I don't do shit. As in, the past several weeks I've been too busy at work to do ANY cooking or cleaning and my nails have preserved themselves quite nicely--best they ever looked. I think I'm pretty clumsy and hard on my nails, I usually chip and break at least one nail every week, but not lately. A don't-do-shit lifestyle is what my nails need to look good.
    OrangeSlice and cherrypye like this.

Typing is what kills my polish, and obviously, I'm not giving that up.

I end up buying cheapo wilder colors or stuff I can't wear during work hours, because I can't use it much and I never use a full size bottle. Walmart carries a line called Petite that are little .25 oz bottles, whereas OPI bottles are .5 oz.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    Okay, so I'm totally in love with Nicole for OPI's Kardashian Kolor Kollection (God, I hate myself just typing that.)

Seriously, though. The colors are amazing.

Here are I few I've tried and loved:

Kendall on the Katwalk - Gorgeous!

Kimpletely in Love

Rainbow in the S-Kylie

I rarely wear nail polish, and when I do it's usually french (total Chav, I know) or burgundy.

I hadn't worn glitter since--um, maybe high school. It was a bitch to take off, but everyone loved it, especially the Rainbow in the S-Kylie (which is actually the same polish as OPI's Rainbow Connection, which is impossible to find.)

(I stole all of these pictures from swatchandlearn.com since I didn't have any pics of my own nails.)

OMG, I love the glitter ones!!!
    I saw the Kardashian Collection at the store, and turned away because of the name. I'll be more than happy to by another brand that looks similar. I do not support that family.

I wore glitter in the 90's and last year started liking them again.

Use pure acetone to take off glitter. It comes off so fast. Set the soaked cotton ball on the nail for about 10 seconds (or longer just to be sure and depending on how many coats), then rub off. If you rub immediately, it doesn't come off as fast.

Good tip, I own a lot of glitter polishes and hesitate to wear them now because of how much of a bitch they are to remove. Thanks!

i tried gel polish on my hands for the first time about a month ago. it's awesome. and they have OPI passion in gel, which is my favourite polish for hands (i wear anything on my toes but keep the hands natural since i usually can't keep them looking decent for more than a day so at least with the pale natural colours, the damage is less visible).

it was great! you can wash, type, clean, and be a total klutz like me and your hands remain flawless. i've had it twice so far and i think it does destroy your nails though so i'm going to lay off it for a while once this last one comes off before doing it again.

OPI passion:

cherrypye likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^That is the exact one i'm wearing right now.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Thread Information