Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: The Nail Polish/Anything to Do with Nails Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    what about opi ink? i've worn it before and it's very dark. i can't post pics so you'll have to go check it out.
    I just googled it and it is cool! I think I will give it a go and see how it looks. Thanks!

Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Not to go OT here, but I got my invitation to join birchbox today. Is it really worth it? Are the samples really worth it, a good size and relevant products?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

The samples are generally enough for more than 1 use, usually at least 3 or 4. There has generally been at least 1 product in each box that I've loved, and if you like nail polish it is great. So far there has been a "sample size" nail polish (the .25 oz sizes that are good for quite a while) in almost every birch box I've gotten, and usually a Zoya polish. I had never heard of that brand before but I'm liking them quite a bit. I think it's worth the $10.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I am looking for a really dark blue, almost black nail polish that won't look ghetto/goth. Is there such a thing? I saw one in a magazine a few weeks back but now I don't remember.

I could read this whole thread to see if such a thing has been mentioned, but I am just too damn lazy.

Any suggestions?
    NARS Midnight Express is really pretty if you don't want sparkle. It has a very glossy jelly finish and is basically the dark blue version of NARS' famous dark green, Zulu.

There's also a cheap version of this shade, literally identical but actually I thought it went on better. It's by a brand called Color Club, and the polish is "Blue-topia". You can find it on EBay...
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I have OPI's INK & Russian Navy & what's funny is that the look the same in the bottle, but you can most definitely tell the difference when you put it on.

LOOK AT THESE!!!! THEY'RE SO FUN!!!

Zebber

"Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

These are two of the ones I'm thinking about for next time. Big toes only, though.

...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

im currently wearing essie mint candy apple

but my next in line is deborah lippmann's mermaid dream. i bought it last month and ive been eager to put it on. im a big fan of fun summery colors

I love the Clark Kent face on that Superman manicure! I should link a couple of nail art blogs I've found here when I feel like looking them up. The stuff people do on their nails is amazing. I wish I had that kind of talent. One girl I follow even uses acrylics to paint designs on her nails (over a base of nail polish.) Her nails are INCREDIBLY detailed.

This is what I have on, L'Oreal "Now You Sea Me":

and over it I put one coat of a topcoat by Sally Hansen called "Hidden Treasure". It's basically a clear base full of flame-colored flake glitter. Here it is over four different base colors:

I particularly like Hidden Treasure over blues, probably because it has a coral/orangeish colorway and using opposite colors (like orange with blue, or red with green) really makes them 'pop'.

That's how my hands look for now. It is gorgeous and kinda cheers me up.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

^ That last one is very pretty over the blue. I just may have to copy that, and the mermaid one for my toes. Ooooo!

*Oh wait never mind about the deborah lippmann's mermaid dream. It's anywhere between $16.00 and $22.00.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by Love love View Post
    but my next in line is deborah lippmann's mermaid dream. i bought it last month and ive been eager to put it on. im a big fan of fun summery colors

this is so pretty!
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

i love deborah lippmann. i discovered her last year when a poster here recommended her after trying to identify a polish on anne hathaway and i bought 'stop and stare', the perfect blue red i'd been looking for for ages.
    yes, her polish is expensive - i paid 16 bucks for stop and stare - but it goes on like a dream and it's worth the investment. in my case, i'm not sure i'd pay that much for a sparkly colour that i probably wouldn't wear that often, but for staples like reds, definitely.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Ombré nails I want to try this.

Edit: found the blog that was swiped from.

The Nailasaurus: Gradient Nails Picture Tutorial
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; June 22nd, 2012 at 04:27 PM.
    Just Kill Me likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

^If I tried that I'd have nail polish everywhere but on my nails. It looks cute though (if done properly).
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I figure i can clean off excess with a q-tip dipped in remover

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Thread Information