Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 644
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: The Nail Polish/Anything to Do with Nails Thread

  1. #166
    Elite Member holly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    Recommendations for base and top coats

    I use to have a problem with my nails chipping really bad within 24 hours, but I know I am hard on them- doing dishes like twice a day, chores, picking up after and playing with two small kids. I was using a real cheap top coat, an Avon base coat that I think is finally going bad and $4 nailpolish.

    I ordered Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat from Amazon, ~$5. I just wanted to test it out, put on my bad base coat and my kid's $2 nail polish and only one coat of the Seche. I got my first tiny chip today, 4 days later. I have done dishes probably 8 times and my first chip was from ramming my finger into a metal rack. I am so impressed!! I just touched up the tiny chip and put another top coat on all my nails, looks good!

    I order a bottle of Essie Protein Base Coat , ~$6.50 from Amazon. I haven't tried it yet, but I am hoping it helps my nails from getting weak like it did from my old base coat.

    Anyone have any other recommendations? OH and also should I be using a nail strengthening treatment every once in a while, what should I do to keep my nails from breaking on the very tips and peeling a little at the tips?

    SV Top Coat is the best top coat evah!! Ive never found anything that makes my mani's last like that stuff does!! I use Stickey Base Coat by Creative Nail Design. Before I started using this combo, my polish would chip in a day. Now it lasts anywhere from 5 to 7 days, depending on how hard I am on my hands.

  2. #167
    Elite Member DeadDwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,816

    Default

    ^I should update and say the SV top coat is amazing. When I paint my 4 year old's toe nails the polish is gone within a day, she is rough. I painted her toes 5 days ago and it's still on, she was so surprised. I can't believe what a difference it makes.

  3. #168
    Super Moderator NoDayButToday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    14,199

    Default

    I normally can't wear nail polish because I can't wear it for work. But, I took 5 days off of work this week so decided to try out the nail polish "appliques" from Incoco that I got in my birch box a couple months ago (another thing I love....$10 monthly for a box of 5 or 6 deluxe sized beauty product samples, there is always at least one thing I love in the box).

    They look like stickers, but it's base coat, polish, and top coat all in one, and claim they last for 14 days. They come in solid colors and fun designs, I had zebra striped ones. Just peel, stick, file to your nail size, and they are set in a few minutes. I got them all on in about 5-10 minutes, you can stretch them slightly to fit your nail perfectly, and are repositionable if you don't get it straight the first time. I let them sit for about 20 minutes before really doing stuff, and they were fine. I didn't get my first chip until this morning, the 6th day I was wearing them, and they day I had to remove them anyway because back to work tomorrow. They were a little bit of a bitch to take off, lots of cotton balls and polish remover, but otherwise I loved them and would TOTALLY use them again.

    They are available at Incoco

  4. #169
    Super Moderator Tati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Your Pocket
    Posts
    17,998

    Default

    ^ That sounds awesome because I SUCK at painting my own nails. I've just never mastered it... thanks, NoDay!
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

    - Kahlil Gibran

  5. #170
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Noday! What a fun thing! I am going to try that!
    and how do you get that birch box thingy? That sounds great.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  6. #171
    Super Moderator NoDayButToday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    14,199

    Default

    Just go to birchbox.com to sign up, $10 per month, no extra shipping, and they do it month to month so you can cancel any time.

    They do a nice bonus where if you like anything in that month's birch box and buy a full size item from the site itself, then the item ships for free. You also earn 1 "point" per dollar you spend on full size items, 100 points gets you a $10 coupon.

    Also, I'm just gonna throw my referral link here, feel free to use or not use, but as long as I'm chatting it up http://www.birchbox.com?raf=x0p55

  7. #172
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    54,339

    Default

    Cool. Wonder if they ship out of country?
    "I don't want to see a ghost. It's the sight that I fear most. I'd rather have a piece of toast." Des'ree

  8. #173
    Super Moderator NoDayButToday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    14,199

    Default

    I just checked and it's US & territories only right now. They are still pretty new, so maybe in the future?

  9. #174
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Just go to birchbox.com to sign up, $10 per month, no extra shipping, and they do it month to month so you can cancel any time.

    They do a nice bonus where if you like anything in that month's birch box and buy a full size item from the site itself, then the item ships for free. You also earn 1 "point" per dollar you spend on full size items, 100 points gets you a $10 coupon.
    That would also make a fun birthday gift for my sissy. Thanks, I never heard of this place.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  10. #175
    Elite Member holly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I normally can't wear nail polish because I can't wear it for work. But, I took 5 days off of work this week so decided to try out the nail polish "appliques" from Incoco that I got in my birch box a couple months ago (another thing I love....$10 monthly for a box of 5 or 6 deluxe sized beauty product samples, there is always at least one thing I love in the box).

    They look like stickers, but it's base coat, polish, and top coat all in one, and claim they last for 14 days. They come in solid colors and fun designs, I had zebra striped ones. Just peel, stick, file to your nail size, and they are set in a few minutes. I got them all on in about 5-10 minutes, you can stretch them slightly to fit your nail perfectly, and are repositionable if you don't get it straight the first time. I let them sit for about 20 minutes before really doing stuff, and they were fine. I didn't get my first chip until this morning, the 6th day I was wearing them, and they day I had to remove them anyway because back to work tomorrow. They were a little bit of a bitch to take off, lots of cotton balls and polish remover, but otherwise I loved them and would TOTALLY use them again.

    They are available at Incoco
    that is cool! I just went over to birchbox.com & got on their waiting list. thx for sharing this!!

  11. #176
    Elite Member Laurent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Out There
    Posts
    38,411

    Default

    Just got Essie Jamaica Me Crazy. It's a fun magenta color with a lot of shimmer. A nice summery color for my toes.


    source: Polish or Perish: Some apparently retail-exclusive Essies: Jamaica Me Crazy and Dive Bar
    Karistiona likes this.

  12. #177
    Elite Member angelais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jon Hamm's pants
    Posts
    12,751

    Default

    I am looking for a really dark blue, almost black nail polish that won't look ghetto/goth. Is there such a thing? I saw one in a magazine a few weeks back but now I don't remember.

    I could read this whole thread to see if such a thing has been mentioned, but I am just too damn lazy.

    Any suggestions?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

  13. #178
    fgg
    fgg is offline
    Elite Member fgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,866

    Default

    what about opi ink? i've worn it before and it's very dark. i can't post pics so you'll have to go check it out.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

  14. #179
    Gold Member frecklered's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Just go to birchbox.com to sign up, $10 per month, no extra shipping, and they do it month to month so you can cancel any time.

    They do a nice bonus where if you like anything in that month's birch box and buy a full size item from the site itself, then the item ships for free. You also earn 1 "point" per dollar you spend on full size items, 100 points gets you a $10 coupon.

    Also, I'm just gonna throw my referral link here, feel free to use or not use, but as long as I'm chatting it up Discover the best beauty, grooming and lifestyle products | Birchbox
    My office is on the same floor as Birchbox in NYC :-) They're an awesome startup and their offices just have drawers and drawers of makeup stuff. The girls are always in the bathroom trying something new out and their offices are all Birchbox-pink. It's cool you mentioned them!
    here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

  15. #180
    Elite Member Laurent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Out There
    Posts
    38,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    what about opi ink? i've worn it before and it's very dark. i can't post pics so you'll have to go check it out.
    I was thinking of that one or either OPI Russian Navy, which is a gorgeous color. It comes in a matte version that looks darker, but I prefer the original glossy version.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help me open a stuck on nail polish cap
    By moomies in forum Beauty and Skincare
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: June 28th, 2014, 07:06 AM
  2. Free Nails Inc polish with Glamour UK Magazine
    By Honey in forum Beauty and Skincare
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 9th, 2008, 02:32 PM
  3. Black nail polish/varnish, who wears it?
    By suede in forum Beauty and Skincare
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: July 31st, 2008, 09:29 AM
  4. Favourite nail polish colours
    By DitaPage* in forum Beauty and Skincare
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: May 20th, 2008, 11:19 PM
  5. Nail Polish
    By ohmygoodness in forum Beauty and Skincare
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 25th, 2006, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •