Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: The Nail Polish/Anything to Do with Nails Thread

^^Love thats colour!

Currently wearing OPI espresso colour, Its my favorite

(not my own nails)

it's summer here and i got a mani pedi friday and am currently sporting this shade on both hands and feet:

it's feelin' hot hot hot by opi, and i'm nowhere near as tan as the girl in the picture so it doesn't quite 'pop' as much on me but it is still very, very pink.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

thanks to kathie moffett and anne hathaway, i think i may have found the perfect blue red of my dreams.

deborah lippmann's 'stop and stare' (racy rouge)

now i've just got to find out where i can buy this in new york for when i'm there in a couple of weeks...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Nice! Try Barney's NY, I think they carry Lippmann. Nordstrom too. Have fun in NYC! I'd love to go there in wintertime, I've only been during sweaty, sweltering July. Both times! ughhh
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

thanks!

Silver Member
    The First Presleytarian Church Of Elvis The Divine

Fishnet Stockings by Essie....its a beautiful classic true red. It reminds me of what a 40's movie star would wear. Its Dita Von Teese's fav, I'm told. I love it on fingers and toes...great for the holidays.
    How You Durrin ?

^^
    i like that!

czb

i'm probably boring, i typically get opi malaga wine on my toes.

I'm painting my nails and toes OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ

how can you guys afford all these expensive OPI nail polishes? i love all of them.

i'm currently wearing this:

"This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I simply try to get OPI nail polishers on discount
    The last bargain I had was this from SPAM. Love the colour and use it both for fingers and toes.

OPI Muppets Excuse Moi! (not my nails )
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; February 28th, 2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Spam
    I live out my dreams...

You certainly don't get a discount if you buy from your site.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I'm wearing this one:

(not my nails)

Icy Princess by Essence. it's a cheap nailpolish, about 2 or 3 euros but the quality is great.

I am addicted to nailpolish, currently own about 60 colors and keep adding to the collection. I always tell people to just get me a few bottles of nailpolish if ask me what I want for my birthday or christmas.

Sometimes I can't choose and just wear 20 different colors (fingers and toes).

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    thanks to kathie moffett and anne hathaway, i think i may have found the perfect blue red of my dreams.

deborah lippmann's 'stop and stare' (racy rouge)

now i've just got to find out where i can buy this in new york for when i'm there in a couple of weeks...
    update: i picked up 'stop and stare' in new york and it is even more gorgeous than i imagined. i have finally found my perfect blue red. and that picture above doesn't do it justice, in person the colour is more complex and changes depending on the light, and the texture is wonderful because it's more of a jelly which makes the colour more vibrant but it's not too see-through and after 2 coats has perfect coverage. it is simply awesome.

Default Base and Top Coats

Recommendations for base and top coats

I use to have a problem with my nails chipping really bad within 24 hours, but I know I am hard on them- doing dishes like twice a day, chores, picking up after and playing with two small kids. I was using a real cheap top coat, an Avon base coat that I think is finally going bad and $4 nailpolish.

I ordered Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat from Amazon, ~$5. I just wanted to test it out, put on my bad base coat and my kid's $2 nail polish and only one coat of the Seche. I got my first tiny chip today, 4 days later. I have done dishes probably 8 times and my first chip was from ramming my finger into a metal rack. I am so impressed!! I just touched up the tiny chip and put another top coat on all my nails, looks good!

I order a bottle of Essie Protein Base Coat , ~$6.50 from Amazon. I haven't tried it yet, but I am hoping it helps my nails from getting weak like it did from my old base coat.

Anyone have any other recommendations? OH and also should I be using a nail strengthening treatment every once in a while, what should I do to keep my nails from breaking on the very tips and peeling a little at the tips?

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information